What small mse things will you do this week? 05/02

Comments

• LoulaBelle wrote: »
    Hi there - this is actually me right now - its really awful and scary - I'm looking at something and have no idea what it is called ..... I had a dizzy spell before Christmas and went to doctor it turns out my blood pressure it off the scale I'm supposed to have blood tests done

Take care of yourself Loulabelle - I was getting dizzy spells, heart flutters, forgetfulness, crying all the time etc and it was all down to stress
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Afternoon everyone.

Back after a very good but expensive weekend so belt tightening until the end of the month.
    Banking all checked, bills paid and everything up to date.
    Snowing this morning and needed to do a cat food shop. Bought extra as there were 6 can packs reduced in Mr T, I think an end of line product so bought 3 extra packs and saved £4 in the process.
    Waiting for quidco monies to drop into my account and also a refund on a dress I have sent back.
    DW on a quick wash
    Meeting tonight, in one of those cant be bothered moods but will be okay when I am there.

While buying cat food I also bought extra bits ready to make a slow cooker chilli. I forecast one of those situations where u remove something out of the freezer thinking u have freed up some space, make meals and then end up putting more back in than you started with!!

Foxgloves-I love hearing about the cat adventures.
    LoulaBelle-definitely make sure you get those tests done

have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Snowy Savers,
    PurpleFairy, you've had our snow!! We were expecting more than the icing sugar dusting we had over night & you weren't expecting any, so it must have fallen a little more to your side of the region. Having said that, a few flakes are just starting up again now.
    DNMS - Good luck with the new job.
    All our stressed people on here at the moment - Take care of yourselves. It WILL lessen if you put yourselves first for a little while until you start feeling better.
    Dawn - Good news about the progress on your living situation.
    Today hasn't turned out as planned. I was expecting workmen but one of them phoned in sick & so we have dropped off the list today. Never mind. I replacing 'workmen monitoring' time with decluttering & a bit of baking. So today's small things:
    *Laundry done overnight on timer to make use of the cheap electricity tariff. All on heated airer now & washer re-loaded for another cheapo wash tonight.
    *Bake bread (on its 2nd proving)
    *Bake muffins - not done yet but have more or less decided they will be apple & cinnamon.
    *Continued decluttering - found heaps of nice unused postcards from the 2 places we will be staying this year, so no need to buy any new ones as I shall take these with me. Also found quite a lot of unused envelopes without cards or notelets, so I could maybe be tempted into making a few cards this year. I'm not really a cardmaker, but seems a shame to waste them, Some are a nice green colour so could be quite festive.
    *Entered a prize draw.
    *Did a few surveys including 2 Prolific Academic which will put my total up to over £27. Think I will try to earn a bit more this month & then cash it out.
    *Checked online banking. Refund from Sainsbury's overcharge is now there. Cheque has also landed, so paid tht across to LPDF - it should really have gone to a CC, as it was a work expense mr f had to claim back, so I am hoping I shan't need to whip it back out & into CC account, but I have that option if necessary.
    *Wrote a letter & used a pretty recycled envelope.
    *Used a free sample of expensive serum......& I can honestly say it felt no better than my usual products, so I shan't be tempted to get spendy on that!
    *Knit later - I'd like to get up to the armhole markers but it's slow work. It only seems so slow because it's cold & this garment is sort of a big jumper with a cowl neck, but kind of a bit poncho-y too in that it has very pronounced baggy dropped shoulders. It's just what I want to be wearing this cold weather.
    OK, a little more decluttering - it's brilliant for reducing stress levels, isn't it? I think it must be to do with only spending time on those things we can actually influence/control. My mind is feeling tidier the clearer my little HQ room looks!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    P.S Made a Hairy Biker curry recipe tonight - it's a veggie one made primarily from red lentils & butternut squash & we love it. The only ingredient I needed to buy the first time I made it was asofoetida as everything else is either store cupboard stuff or fresh veg. It's v easy & makes 4 substantial portions so some to freeze for another week.
    Mr f has just brought Cat a slice of ham. Not money saving at all, as Cat had already gobbled his dinner!
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • linz
    linz Posts: 1,911
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    brrr am sat here with a big norwegian fleece and neckwarmer on under a blanket. Am annoyed with EDF as they have told me they are refunding me the £63 I am in credit with them and increasing my bills by £12 a month. Yes, the credit I'd built up was dwindling but spring is also coming so I was hoping to switch the heating off totally by the time my credit had run out. So it's on for 30 mins in the morning and an hour in the evenings at the moment I think, as I refuse to let them think they're justified in increasing my bills when my reading's haven't increased.:mad:

I tend to put the electric blanket on 30 mins before bed so it's toasty when I get in, then it goes off again :)

The hairy biker curry sounds really nice, i'll be looking that one up. Love lentils and butternut squash. I also like to have one or two cheaper, meat-free meals a week. :A
    #2 - Save £2024 in 2024
    #35 - Save £12k in 2024
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 1:04AM
    Purps, if you have any you can exchange Mr T Clubcard vouchers for Thompson & Morgan ones.

Foxgloves, I totally agree re the decluttering, I need to get on top of stuff again.

DNMS, glad that first impressions are good at your new job.

No snow here but had to use the deicer on my windscreen when I left work tonight. I am wearing my fleecy pyjamas and have just been round closing the air vents on all the windows, I can't believe it's taken me two years to realise they were there but onwards and upwards, maybe my heating bills will go down now!

Lunch today was a YS sandwich and some crisps that were on special offer, I saved half of both for my break. Dinner wasn't especially cheap as I bought crispy duck pancakes and a Chinese snack selection but still cheaper than a takeaway.

I tackled my boss about the blame issue and told her I'm not happy at being blamed for stuff I haven't done. In my absence she has worked out what I told her in the first place, that the item had been out of stock all day as the delivery had got mixed up with another department's stock so she now believes what I told her in the first place. I listed two other occasions where I've been prime suspect for something that I hadn't done and she assured me she doesn't think I am the culprit.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Morning all :hello:

Thanks for the tips on the fruit bushes and the Te5co vouchers. I will have a look at all of those, I realised yesterday after my list I didn’t want to order this week as we’re away at the weekend and I don’t know how long it will take so I will order next week. Plus big thing happened at work which I need to fix (not my doing) feeling those resources may be staying a while longer ;)

List today:
    Pay interest from high interest accounts to LPDF
    Check banking
    Something from freezer for tea
    Out for lunch with a colleague from a competitor, she’ll treat me :D
    Keep on top of washing
    Ring vet about appointment for cat follow up next week, must call insurance company about query I have on their form for a payment for his last treatment
    Quick tidy round so I don’t have too much to do tomorrow before we go away
    Read martins e mail
    Check fridge for anything that needs using up/freezing

Right off for coffee :D
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 11:48AM
    Hi February Fabulistas,

I have to go to work later but am trying to fit in some constructive stuff before I go to take my mind off work stress:

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Day 8 of App.

* Check online banking.

* Turn off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Get some exercise.

* Clean the house with Stardrops and washable cloths.

* Back up Finances spreadsheet into cyberspace.

Onwards and upwards.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
    Very cold again, and the thermal t shirt thing I bought last year is being put to good use under my fleece top!

Today's list:
    Check banks and update spreadsheet
    Tidy up/ do some cleaning (started)
    Audit of fridge stuff, lots of veg will go in the chilli I intend to make later. Will think about chopping and freezing any remaining lurkers.
    Not intending any spends today :)
    Might get out in the garden for a little while later, and do a bit of clearing up of leaves etc. It is nice to see the spring bulbs coming up :)
    Check for surveys later

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • How are you finding the app Ally? Is it worth me purchasing?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts