Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 5th Feb 18, 6:40 AM
    • 6,801Posts
    • 39,737Thanks
    determined new ms
    What small mse things will you do this week? 05/02
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:40 AM
    What small mse things will you do this week? 05/02 5th Feb 18 at 6:40 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 £3016.55/Roadkill £8.73
    Wombling 2018 £145.73/RK £0.04
Page 3
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 7th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    • 1,481 Posts
    • 11,339 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    How are you finding the app Ally? Is it worth me purchasing?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31

SAVINGS: £9433.44
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 7th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 1,481 Posts
    • 11,339 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Morning folks,

Feeling a bit up and down at the mo but I think it's mostly tiredness plus stress. I can cope with one or the other, but once I get tired, my coping skills go out of the window and I default to very self-destructive behaviour. Not quite sure how to stop this cycle.

Anyhoo, small things:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime. I've not been this week. Part of the self-destruct cycle I think. - done
    • February sunshine and showers CAL <3
    • try to be generally calm and relaxed
    • Heating off. OH had it on all day yesterday...
    • Paid a bit extra to the gas and leccy. Over the year, I think that £60 a month is sufficient, but of course, they won't let me build it up any more. So they refunded me about £150, but then put up my direct debit as soon as winter hit. I asked them to put it back to £60 and kept the refund. I made the payment from the saved money.
    Will add more if I think of anything.

clf x
    Last edited by carrielovesfanta; 07-02-2018 at 6:16 PM.

• allydowd
    • By allydowd 7th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 4,062 Posts
    • 25,963 Thanks
    allydowd
    How are you finding the app Ally? Is it worth me purchasing?
    Originally posted by carrielovesfanta

I think Holistrio is very worthwhile. I've tried it for 7 out of the 21 day programme for Anxiety. I'm not "cured", obviously, but I am improving. Every day I'm learning a new strategy.

Firstly Andrew Johnson is a bona fide mental healthcare professional based in Edinburgh. (Link)

There are lots of 21 day programmes on the App like Control Anxiety and Build Confidence.

Then there are shorter programmes like Deep Sleep and Debt Free (!)

Essentially you turn on the App, choose a programme and then listen to the recording of Andrew's soothing voice It is more a series of recordings than an App.

To get a subscription cheaper go to www.holistio.com though a web brower and sign up through the Login button. At the subscription page use the code longtimefan to get 35% off. Then download the App to your mobile phone and login through that. The subscription is purchased in US dollars.

If you want to try a session free go to www.Holistrio.com and click Try A Session.

You can just get one month's subscription and then cancel if you wish.

If the Scottish accent annoys you...do not download!
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: £250

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 93.01 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 7th Feb 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1,481 Posts
    • 11,339 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta

I think Holistrio is very worthwhile. I've tried it for 7 out of the 21 day programme for Anxiety. I'm not "cured", obviously, but I am improving. Every day I'm learning a new strategy.

Firstly Andrew Johnson is a bona fide mental healthcare professional based in Edinburgh. (Link)

There are lots of 21 day programmes on the App like Control Anxiety and Build Confidence.

Then there are shorter programmes like Deep Sleep and Debt Free (!)

Essentially you turn on the App, choose a programme and then listen to the recording of Andrew's soothing voice It is more a series of recordings than an App.

To get a subscription cheaper go to www.holistio.com though a web brower and sign up through the Login button. At the subscription page use the code longtimefan to get 35% off. Then download the App to your mobile phone and login through that. The subscription is purchased in US dollars.

If you want to try a session free go to www.Holistrio.com and click Try A Session.

You can just get one month's subscription and then cancel if you wish.
    Originally posted by allydowd

Cheers Ally. I already have deep sleep (for hubs... not that he's bothered listening to it... grr...) and Quit Drinking (erm well jury currently p!ss3d but it had worked for a while).

I think it will be worth me looking into. How long are the anxiety sessions? I'm struggling to find time for the Quit Drinking cos it's over 30 mins long.

• allydowd
    • By allydowd 7th Feb 18, 11:45 AM
    • 4,062 Posts
    • 25,963 Thanks
    allydowd
    CHow long are the anxiety sessions? I'm struggling to find time for the Quit Drinking cos it's over 30 mins long.
    Originally posted by carrielovesfanta
    Control Anxiety and the 21 day programmes are 15 mins each.

The RelaxPlus programmes you choose the length: 20 mins...25 mins...30 mins...etc up to 60 mins...

The Relaxation ones are 10-15 mins.

The Skills are 10-20 mins.
    Last edited by allydowd; 07-02-2018 at 11:51 AM.

"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 7th Feb 18, 2:32 PM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,648 Thanks
    FatVonD
    Afternoon all.

I'm working 5-9pm today which is a bit of an odd shift but it suits me, lots of cleaning (which I find quite therapeutic when it's not my own) and hopefully all the customers will have gone home

I've spent some time this morning listing stuff on the bay of e having just upgraded to a pro account. We will see how it goes, lots of other Amazon sellers are doing better on there than on Amazon at the moment though I can't see it working for me but I'm prepared to give it a try.

Breakfast this morning was two rashers of OOD bacon with some mushrooms. I bought the bacon from the meat counter as I am so sick of the pre packaged stuff not cooking properly, it is so pumped full of water that it's impossible to fry as the water seeps out and you just end up boiling it. I can confirm that it fried just like 'old fashioned' bacon and the pan had none of that white, foamy gunk that seeps out of the pre packaged stuff.

I met my new neighbour briefly today, I was wearing my fleecy pyjamas taking the bins out, I've previously met her husband wearing my uniform on the top half and just my tights on the bottom half when he brought round a package. As far as first impressions go I'm not doing too well here

I'm winning the battle against the floating algae in the fish tank by changing a bucket of water every day but now I can see them more clearly I *think* I've spotted another new baby
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 7th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    • 1,481 Posts
    • 11,339 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Control Anxiety and the 21 day programmes are 15 mins each.

The RelaxPlus programmes you choose the length: 20 mins...25 mins...30 mins...etc up to 60 mins...

The Relaxation ones are 10-15 mins.

The Skills are 10-20 mins.
    Originally posted by allydowd
    Bought it!

Decided on a monthly subscription for the moment, even though it's slightly more expensive cos if I don't use it, I can cancel
    Last edited by carrielovesfanta; 07-02-2018 at 6:18 PM.

• 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 7th Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 750 Posts
    • 7,118 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Evening all, sorry I've just read the whole thread but can't remember what I was going to comment!! I'm so very tired (not from not sleeping as I'd usually post but from lots of DIY)
    So far this week we've
    * Made the spare room into an office for the days Dh works from home 2 or 3 days a month only but every little helps. He was set up in the room the kids use for their games consoles etc which works fine so long as when he is working here he finishes at a reasonable time but that hasn't been happening so at least now he's going to be in the spare room we can leave him too it. This meant moving wardrobes/bed around to make more space, and breaking down what was a very expensive wooden headboard into a desk top for Dh and it also made a fab shelf for ds's books in his bedroom, using brackets, off cuts etc that we already had in the garage. No spend - Room needs repainting next but again that is something we have in the garage.

* That also meant two bedside lamps were now not needed in there, so instead of going to ikea for new bed side lamps for us we will use these

* One spend I have had is a new oven (£160) mine broke last year so we made do without as we have 2 convection microwaves but we did miss it so decided to replace. Went via TCb and got the best price we could. This has meant lots of moving around of cupboards and adding extra shelves etc again all from off cuts from various jobs that we had left over in the garage.

* Fixed various other niggley bits as we had tools out.

Other then that its been the usual bits
    * breakfast clubs, checking banking, packed lunches, eating from stores, washing on quick wash etc. (I really have done loads and loads of jobs but can't think now! )

Take care all.

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • La escocesa
    • By La escocesa 7th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    • 2,934 Posts
    • 18,576 Thanks
    La escocesa
    Hi everyone

Hope you're all doing well

Ha ha FVD - what an image of you in half of your uniform.
    Oooh, happy new job DNMS!

I've been awol again just with real life taking over - I won't bore you!

In (hopefully!) good news - we put the flat up for sale today. Fingers crossed it goes quickly!!

OH is waiting to see whether his job contract gets extended. Eek.

Tonight we're on a use-up tea - chips, frozen bits and pieces and a fried egg for good measure.

I'm still YNABing and was looking at the Chip app Martin mentioned in the email

I've been following the Organised Mum blog for her cleaning routine - working out well so far!

Think that is all from me you lovely lot xxx
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 7th Feb 18, 8:42 PM
    • 3,971 Posts
    • 20,415 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hello Frugalistas,
    Woke up in a weird mood today. 1st thing I did was cancel going to my meeting. Maybe I needed the equivalent of a duvet day, because as soon as I'd done that, I turned into Mrs DoingStuff. Money saving bits were:
    *Managed to get a load of laundry started before tariffs changed over.
    *Free fitness doing an hour of garden clearing. Took kitchen timer out with me. Amazing what you can do in just an hour (with 2 little robins at your side!)
    *Set timer for another hour to spend on clearing my half of the shed. Was feeling so bionic by then, finished job in 40 mins! Got all the recycled takeaway coffee cups I've been saving ready for sowing my sweet peas soon.
    *Found treasure! Was going round garden tidying stuff away & found 5 perfect self-sown tiny lollo rosso lettuce babies. Moved them to greenhouse.
    *Cleaned all last year's plant labels ready to re-use.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & breakfast porridge pot.
    *Carried on decluttering - tackled piano music today. All sorted & now fits in piano stool & a nice basket. Stuff no longer wanted added to charity shop pile.
    *Mr f booked concert tickets on a 2 for 1 deal. Paying from our personal spends so no effect on budget.
    *Another letter today re this legal stuff we're sorting out at the moment. An admin fee of £10 for what I've asked them to do. I thought it might be £40 or £50 so am pleased it was a lot lower.
    *Fed garden birds a half box of 'Use by 2016' suet. They absolutely yummed it...except our blue-tit who said ancient suet's for losers & he was only here for the nuts.
    *Put pinto beans to soak ready for batch cooking refried beans tomorrow (have found a slow cooker recipe to try).
    *Made a sourdough.....am leaving it overnight to develop & will bake it tomorrow.
    That's it for today - A library book I ordered ('The Art of the Larder') arrived so I'm going to fight Cat for a bit of fireside & tuck up with that. Stay warm all,
    F xx
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £621-10
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £174
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 8th Feb 18, 6:20 AM
    • 6,801 Posts
    • 39,737 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning gals can you believe it's Thursday already? Life is whirling past now I'm full time (and the house is slowly descending into a mess ) I was exhausted last night and fell asleep on the sofa (after eating 1/2 a loaf of ys olive bread )

Things for today:

* working in home town (which after induction will be my office base) saving 76 miles and a whole lot of time!
    * getting a lift with a colleague as well
    * taking jacket potato & lo salad for lunch
    * hang up washing before leaving for work
    * friend picking up madam from school - saving asc costs
    * take mobile phone to post on way home
    * go for a walk at lunchtime
    * check meal plan and get anything out of the freezer
    * find and charge my phone!

Ok that'll do. Going to have a shower when madam wakes up and I can hear her stirring! Hope you all have a good day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 £3016.55/Roadkill £8.73
    Wombling 2018 £145.73/RK £0.04
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 8th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    • 4,062 Posts
    • 25,963 Thanks
    allydowd
    Hi February Fabulistas,

It's going to be a funny ole day today....don't really know what to do with myself...a lot of today will be spent driving with lots of free time in between. I don't really want to make three separate journeys to and from home but the alternative is to spend 3 hours lurking in town and then 5 hours lurking in town.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Day 9 of App.

* Check online banking.

* Turn off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Drive DW to work in Town 1 80 min round trip this is cheaper than her getting the bus for £9.

* Go to hospital for an appointment (hours later) in Town 2. 60 min round trip.

* Collect DW from work (hours later) in Town 1. 80 min round trip.

* Go to library for books, wifi and warmth.

Onwards and upwards.
    Last edited by allydowd; 08-02-2018 at 7:51 AM.

• PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 8th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 2,113 Posts
    • 14,333 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all

Last day at work today until Tuesday but I have a big deliverable that I need to do (as someone else didnít) so I need to be on it! So itíll be a small list:

Pegged out strange as we still ave snow on the ground but there is a nice breeze and itís dry
    Leftovers for everyone for lunch
    Grab something from meal plan for tea, must remember to get out of freezer
    Sprayed some bleach stuff on some black spots on the bathroom ceiling
    No heating on during the day
    Walk with friend tonight, if work is done.
    Read some more of my book. Iím about half way through one of the resources for work that have come via me. Itís great for mindfulness and other things that involve self care. Will see if itís in our local library so I can keep it a bit longer (or just delay taking the resources to work )
    Quick vacuum through before we go away
    Check fridge - didnít finish this yesterday

Right, off to get smalls to school.
    • xironsongx
    • By xironsongx 8th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    xironsongx
    * wash up
    * Do all laundry , one load in now
    * Put on 3hr dry (i'm washing bedding)
    * Put washing away ; Bag 1 - doing , Bag 2
    * tidy bedroom
    * tidy living room
    * tidy kitchen
    * Declutter & get rid of clothes in wardrobe
    * sleep / rest if i can

Me and my partner are home today as I had to go to A&E last night due to a farily nasty accident I had in work. I'm okay and had the best outcome possible but I'm feeling pretty tired and in a lot of pain from it.
    Engaged 01-09-17 Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 8th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 4,956 Posts
    • 39,057 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    Wow, hope you are OK Xironsongx Hope you feel better soon.
    Just been to the market in the next town and got veg for the week (or longer), 2 big shopping bags full for £7 I find that if I do this and base meals around it, I go to the supermarket less, and spend less. Unfortunately I don't have much in the garden atm, just a few salad leaved and a bit of chard.

Dropped into the flea market while there, but didn't buy anything (always looking for sales stock). There had been a sprinkling of snow there, which I was suprised about, as we didn't have any in our town, about 8 miles away. It is warmer here today, too

Will need to do a shop today, but not much
    Pick up a meat pack special offer from local butcher Done, very pleased
    Wrap another ebay sale before I go, as that, plus another already packed, can go as well while I am out. Done, both posted and marked as dispatched
    Will use mainly free, recycled packaging Done
    Rest of last night's chilli with jacket potatoes and HM coleslaw for dinner Also made tortilla chips from 2 leftover wraps (cut them up into bits, put in an oiled tray, sprinkled with salt and cajun seasoning and baked in the oven for a few minutes)
    Maybe make some kind of cake, probably scones again, as it is helping use up some of the jam mountain (and they are less naughty than most cakes, being low in sugar and fat, so long, of course, as they aren't plastered in butter and jam!) Not done, as I see we have 3 scones left!
    Plenty of odd bits in the fridge for lunch Done
    A bit more tidying in the house Hmm, not much!
    Ditto in the garden, especially as it isn't so cold today Not done, Iwas pretty wiped out after shopping, which took pretty much all morning, and didn't sleep that well. There is always another day, and at least I won't have to shop again for a while

Brother's trade card came yesterday, not the one he was hoping for (though my research indicated it was the one he would get) but will at least get him on sites to work! Need to tackle him about his plans for the end of the month, as I see no evidence of any
    Last edited by DawnW; 08-02-2018 at 7:32 PM.
    NSDs for April: 9 / 15

• allydowd
    • By allydowd 8th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    • 4,062 Posts
    • 25,963 Thanks
    allydowd
    * Thought I'd check the car's oil and water. Car bonnet won't open. Will investigate later when I've finished the great Tour de Ayrshire. I've looked it up on YouTube and I hope I can fix it (temporarily) with a pair of pliers.
    Last edited by allydowd; 08-02-2018 at 10:36 AM.

• 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 8th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 750 Posts
    • 7,118 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Evening all,

Dnms, I hope you're enjoying the new job.

Another busy day here with my dad helping out with some DIY, keeping busy is definitely good for my mental health For those of us here still struggling I found that reminding myself of that saying "this too shall pass" helped a bit (and a good old sing along at the top of my voice to Westlife!)
    Todays list
    Ds1 had ys bread for toast with his eggs for breakfast
    Ds2 to school breakfast club for free breakfast
    Gym session done and refilled water bottle there twice
    Home for brunch, we had ys bread and scrambled eggs too.
    Bled the radiators as they weren't working very well, oh my what a difference!
    Painted spare room/dh's office with paint we already had, re arranged pictures on the walls and re positioned the mirror as it was conflicting with the wardrobe door since we'd moved them. Room is finished ready for dh to work in there tomorrow (and I only came up with the idea last Friday! )
    All meals from stores, tonight was chicken, with sweet potato chips and veg followed by 1 lidl fruit corner split between 3 of us, the kids had OOD pineapple chunks my dad gave us and I had the last apple stewed with mine as it was on the turn in the fruit bowl. No waste here!
    Checked banking/updated spreadsheets, I'm £8.15 out in one of my pots and I have something for that value but can't for the life of me see where its gone wrong on the spreadsheet! I've given up looking for today and hopefully a fresh pair of eyes in the morning will spot the problem straight away!
    Also decluttering here, added more items to the cs bag and a bag for the textile bin at the tip, there is quite a bit in the garage for the tip but it needs sorting, that may become tomorrows job depending on the weather. Thinking that if i get it sorted by Sunday, and invite my sis over for sunday lunch then she could drop the tip stuff in on her way past it on her way home
    Taken some mince out of the fridge to make a chilli tomorrow, that will give us meals for a couple of days and be good for a quick tea when the rugby is on at the weekend.
    Signed up to anxiety uk for the year as this will give me the headspace app for the year for a total cost of £30 instead of the £70+ if I'd just gone through headspace. I have used it for the past 10 days and like it. (once on it properly I'll also try to get dh and the kids to use it with me for added benefit!

Still to do
    : Sew up a cushion that's gone on the seam from the spare bedroom
    : Try sewing up my handbag, theres a little bit starting to come away so hope to stop it getting any worse as I've had this bag for 3+yrs and use it everyday. Pre MSE handbags and purses were my "thing" I had lots and lots and none were quite right but I love this one and they don't make it anymore (I do have a spare one in brown to use when this black one is done but I don't want to stop using this one unless I have too!)

Take care all.

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 8th Feb 18, 7:45 PM
    • 3,971 Posts
    • 20,415 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hello Money Savers,
    Grrr, had to pay for parking this morning when I attended a local charity coffee morning. Drove past a sneaky little bit of free street parking I know which fits 3 cars IF parked sensibly. Nope! Some total Yoghurt had parked smack in the middle so no room for anyone else.
    Useful frugal stuff:
    *Bought tomato', sweetcorn & climbing bean seeds. Used to buy mail order but village garden centre is worth supporting & means I avoid postage costs.
    *Baked the sourdough loaf I started off yesterday.
    *Successfully made refried beans though they did not cook sufficiently in the time specified in the slow cooker & I had to transfer them to the hob for an extra 40 mins. V nice though & plenty to freeze as used whole 500g bag of pinto beans.
    *Updated budgets, reconciled grocery budget as had done several complicated cash swaps, but it was accurate to the last penny....I've got the hang of this! (Just wish I'd had the LBM 2 decades earlier!!)
    *Paid a CC in full.
    *Filed new car insurance policy docs but kept old one for proof of no claims bonus.
    *Sorted out a legal letter - used a recycled envelope by applying a large white address label. My Mym gave me about 400 of the things but they are great for recycling envelopes.
    *Did a couple of surveys & entered a prize draw.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Postie brought some Waitrose vouchers which I have put on my kitchen board in case useful.
    * 4 items added to presents box. Total cost £3.60.
    *Refused to give Cat two breakfasts despite his best efforts to convey to me that he was fading away to a stick cat.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = £621-10
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £174
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 8th Feb 18, 9:26 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 3,841 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Evening everyone

Haven't had much chance to post as RL decided to get in the way and to the point where it has totally ripped the family apart. It's one of those where you don't know where RL will take you so have totally stepped out of the situation.
    Have been keeping the money saving faith
    -banking checked and looking healthy
    -all d.debits up to date
    -some good YS bargains, 22p for tubs of bombay potatoes. Bought Mr Kip fruit pies YS. Had one with a cuppa and it did taste stale, put the rest in the freezer, brought one out tonight and had it warm-was really lovely.
    -still to make my slow cooker chilli, plan to do this tomorrow
    - have a week off next week but will still attend a couple of meetings. In the meantime have been sorting out some repairs and chores that have needed doing
    -bought my final Christmas present today (I know, I know!!), reduced but absolutely ideal for the person I was struggling with. Financially I won't have to stress about b'day and Christmas presents as could be out of action for 4-6 months with surgery this year so feel happier that preparations are slotting into place
    -newest kittykat into be speyed in the morning.....not looking forward to that!

xironsongx-hoping that you are okay
    Hugs to anyone else that just needs that extra support at the minute x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=276.42
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 8th Feb 18, 11:56 PM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,648 Thanks
    FatVonD
    HappyKitties, hope you are okay and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Today has been a funny old day, I was awake until 5am doing card stuff and then woke up at 9am so I've been feeling tired all day. I had a short nap this afternoon and set the alarm clock so I didn't sleep for too long as I need to be able to sleep tonight as I have work in the morning.

I had to do a trip to Mr T's as we were out of cat food and it is ludicrously expensive at the local one. I resisted lots of stuff on the way round and then put another four things back at the end. I ended up spending just under £40 and I feel like we have all the essentials.

Tonight was spent designing the poster for the craft fair I am doing next month, I'm not organising it but the woman that is was struggling so I offered to help. I have moved my name further up the billing

I'm drowning under the housework but did wash the bins out today so I feel I have at least done *something*. I haven't even ventured into the garden yet this year and I should because I have climbing roses I want to tie in before they start sprouting again.

I introduced myself properly to my new neighbour today, I was still wearing my pyjamas but at least had a long jumper over the top so thought that was about as good as it was going to get! I feel sorry for their cat who only goes in at meal times (probably on account of the screechy kids), I might make a little entrance hole to my garden store for him as its bloomin' freezing out!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,301Posts Today

5,508Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin