Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    • 20,408Posts
    • 232,034Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018
    • 4th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018 4th Feb 18 at 7:02 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clear sills and wipe
    Clean Windows
    Wipe tables and chairs - don't forget underneath where sticky fingers linger
    Wash table cloths or wipe placemats
    Wipe switches and sockets

Level 2

Empty bin
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.

Level 3

Wipe down cupboard fronts
    Give fridge a proper clean out - wash shelves etc and wipe down the door strips.
    Sweep and mop floor

Extras

MAD half hour - post yours!
    HHI
    Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week - manicure, hair, coffee with a friend...
    Household accounts - are they up-to-date? Budget on track?
    Check your meal plan for the week - can you make two and freeze one - or even construct some building blocks? - Half Term looms so I'm suggesting this particularly for those with littlies

Twinkly Tuesday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Wash out toothbrush holder and tooth mugs/glaases

HHI
    Mad half hour - what are you doing?

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up (we will gloss over my little heap then)
    How are those half term plans coming along?
    S&S bathroom
    S&S kitchen

Thursday Thrills Living room
    Level 1

Empty out any rubbish
    Cleat coffee table
    Rehome aything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around t he house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT
    Sort out your handbag - make sure you're not carrying unnecessary carp around with you
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom

Friday Flourish Kids' Rooms/ Spare rooms/guest rooms

Level 1

Open the windows wide
    Binbag dance
    Strip the bed and turn the mattress - if you can
    Clean under the bed if accessible
    Remake the bed

Level 2
    Dust any shelves and sills and flat surfaces
    If a guest/spare room check the lighting is fully-functional
    Wipe switches/sockets/skirtings

Level 3
    Clean the windows
    vacuum curtains/dust blinds
    Deal with floor - sweep - mop -vacuum - sandblast as appropriate

Extras

S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    MAD half hour
    Check smoke detectors and outside lighting is all functioning
    HHI
    Last edited by Valli; 09-02-2018 at 7:14 AM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 6
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 7th Feb 18, 7:28 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 6,277 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Not as much flying done as I would like today..
    That said this is my long week at work and it takes a day or two to recover (only to be back at work!) This improves slightly for a little while after having my quarterly B12 jab.. Self care and pacing myself also helps... That said, being a carer for my mum also adds to the mix!
    Have managed to s/s kitchen
    Tidied up paperwork & filed where necessary.
    Will attempt more in morning though have errands to run and will need 1/2 hour zzzz before shift till 9pm
    Thank you for keeping me focused and giving me lists to work with, it's a real help with my fog brain
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 2018!!!
    Jan 18 GC Feb 18 GC Mar 18 GC Apr 18 GC: 281.35/300
    Slinky C : 1/2lb/2st
    :
    • froddington
    • By froddington 7th Feb 18, 8:28 PM
    • 6,628 Posts
    • 93,632 Thanks
    froddington
    Evening - been to work today and I am soooooo glad I'm not there full time. It seems the workload continues to increase

Gentle hugs for all the splatted flybabies - I know when I was little my parents despaired at the amount of tights I went through as I fell so often and always managed to make a hole in at least one of the knees Thankfully, I didn't ever land on my face.

Right, let's see where I've got to . . . . . .

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen

Level 1

Clean Window

Level 2 - Done!!

Level 3 - Done!!

Extras - Done!!

Level 1

Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Scrub bath
    Wipe down edge of bath

Level 2
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid

Level 3
    Wipe sills and shelves
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras
    Mad half hour - what are you doing?

Level one

Strip the bed

level 2
    remake the bed
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2018 100
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 7th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Im back. We have a house in Truro for the beginning of March. Now I just need to frugally furnish it, and get this place ready for lots of guests.

Lots of flying needed when we get back from skiing.

Thanks for all the house finding vibes
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 7th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 9,636 Posts
    • 121,757 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Work done, they are being **** at the moment

Grand baby still has not arrived, was due Saturday.............it will arrive when it sready, but I am getting fed up of wandering around with my phone attached to me!

Dinner done
    Cat sorted out

Hugs to fly children who are injured
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 20,408 Posts
    • 232,034 Thanks
    Valli
    Did nothing yesterday. Today I hab=ve ironed, put a load in WM ready to go on later tonight, emptied ALL the bins. Took out receycling and rubbish, and picked up and put away. Washed up and filled DW.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 7th Feb 18, 9:29 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    [B]Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!
    Level one[/B]
    Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2
    Close the window (like you haven't already)
    remake the bed
    (see - looks better already)

Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor

Extras
    If you need to keep meds upstairs - prescription ordered
    HHI - don't let it build up (we will gloss over my little heap then)
    How are those half term plans coming along?!
    S&S bathroom
    S&S kitchen

Almost finished today;s list, even got to my Strollercise class but then Mum was rushed into hospital and haven't been home long, she has been admitted with a fingers crossed a gastric infection tht isnt cancer related, so hoping to have her home by weekend

Starting my 6 week 121 personal training at a local gym tomorrow morning, arranged by my hospital which i am looking forward to, thankfully its 9:30 long before visiting time so i should be able to manage it before i return to hospital to be with mum
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers 1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 7th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Donnajt sorry about the pain and lack of sleep - rubbish isn't it when you eventually drift off only to be woken by an alarm.

Feeling like my old arch nemesis Anxiety is starting to creep back so need to try to keep myself busy today whilst still being kind to myself. The potential horse I thought I had found is not right for me as gives my back twinges due to me having to keep kicking him on so will have to let him go. Woke up countless times in the night feeling sick, tight chest and am now so tired with a stinking headache. Going to do some flying and see if a bit of exercise helps plus I'll feel better if the house looks a bit better. Got WM and DW on already.

Anyone fancy a HHC at 9.45?
    Originally posted by Mumof2
    Thank you mumof2, got back from hospital and had a 30 min powernap, just walked dog and now settled with a bowl of carrot fries to watch Silent Witness

Do you know what is causing the anxiety? I hate waking up with the panics, with mum being in hospital I am predicting an anxious night, hope the anxiety eases quickly x shame about the horse, fingers crossed the right one comes along soon
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 7th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Just back in. Poor DS fell over in the playground and splatted his nose. Lots of blood, tears and upset but a small packet of Haribo eventually calmed him down!

Took elderly relative food shopping and to do some admin jobs, dropped her home and walked the dog. Got 20 mins admin to do for DH now then will make an early lunch. Afternoon priority is ebaying x
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde, poor little man, hope he is ok, amazing how chocolate buttons or haribos work wonders in crisis
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 7th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    I just got back from collecting Dot.. she has smashed her glasses into her face, grazed both knees and her forehead and badly bruised her thumb. I am utterly boiling but I guess the extra walking is good for my lardy arris!

I had run the DW and both WMs before I left though.
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Poor Dot!!!
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 7th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    When I was younger (about 10) I had to have four teeth out. My mum got me a special 'pad' from the hospital (or so I thought, she was a nurse) to cover my bleeding mouth, then wrapped a scarf round. Years and years later I twigged - it was a sanitary towel - the scarf was to hide it.
    Originally posted by Valli
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 7th Feb 18, 9:46 PM
    • 2,061 Posts
    • 41,482 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Pigpen - if anyone can, it's you! I think any GP would take your worries seriously.
    LW - I found something that works if we need to give our hound a tablet - dunk in cold KFC gravy. It's so gloopy that it completely covers the tablet and he's swallowed it before he even knows what it is. Not quite so easy with the cats.

Worked later than expected, home to prep tea for DS2 and OH before dropping DS1 off for his lift and tutoring for an hour. Pleasant surprise - 17p for a tub of Bombay potatoes RTC at Mr T's, which made a nice tea with the rice the family had left me. Now I'm flopped on the sofa and don't want to move.
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 7th Feb 18, 10:50 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 22,232 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Im back. We have a house in Truro for the beginning of March. Now I just need to frugally furnish it, and get this place ready for lots of guests.

Lots of flying needed when we get back from skiing.

Thanks for all the house finding vibes
    Originally posted by FurryBeastOz
    Visits to Cornwall, me, me

Hey, you got the skiing sorted - great news.

Hope the relocation goes well.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 7th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,180 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all

Sending gws vibes for all damaged sprogs

Hope your Mum soon better donnajt and you managed to get a good sleep

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Twenty minutes of exercise
    Hoovered all through
    Floors washed where necessary
    'Phoned DH's pension peoples to get an info pack sent

H2H. I'd ordered some vacuum bags and today we tried out four with some spare linen we want to keep. A bit fiddly but seem to work a treat, reducing volume by about 50%.

MAD. Attacked the stock cupboard. Emptied one large shelf, checked dates, cleaned and chucked/replaced as appropriate.

If it's gone I've done it or we don't have one

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    DONE

DONE

Strip the bed. BED CHANGED ON FRIDAYS
    Fling the sheets in the wash basket

Thursday Thrills Living room
    Wipe coasters
    water & wipe plants
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    extras
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful!
    Sort out your handbag - make sure you're not carrying unnecessary carp around with you
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom

Hugs, sticks and spoons all round as you need
    Hope you all have a lovely Thursday
    Lx
    10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = 13,140
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 7th Feb 18, 11:06 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 22,232 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Hm, from my predicted 'today' plan written last night:
    - sort out tops Had a quick look; decided sorting them wasn't best use of my time
    - check through clothes for hol to see if anything needs washing, mending or as a last resort, buying er....tomorrow..
    - finish and send at least one more report offOne done and sent. Another will be finished if I sit here for another hour or so. The final one has been started.
    - take car in for serviceOn the way home I bought our train tickets to get to Heathrow for Friday, and got some cheap hiking shoes which are pretty much like trainers for the hol.
    - do more of my coursesThink I've done enough to be able to put them on my CPD log, as I need to send off renewal for my assessment certificate before I go away.
    - dance classSadly, even after doing a bit of practise, Mr N and I decided it wasn't best use of time.

Also:
    - emptied DW
    - put away a basket load of clean clothes
    - downloaded a load of (mainly free) books onto Kindle
    - wrote a list for Mr N to go to Mr T as he was going anyway to get flowers for his mum's birthday.
    - cancelled Friday am's Body Attack as at the rate I'm going, I'll still be packing (we get the train at lunchtime Fri!)

Tomorrow:
    - get to gym early enough to have a bit of a run on treadmill before I have eyelashes and eyebrows 'done'. Go to Mr T on the way home as Mr N remembered something he forgot today.
    - finish and send the last report
    - sort out all electrical leads, chargers etc to take away
    - do a car insurance quote as you get a couple of on TCB for it. If desperate for time, we can just let it automatically renew as the quote isn't too terrible, although I usually manage to knock it down a bit.
    - pack!
    - Put my CPD on the system, transfer money and renew my assessment cert. This is the first year I've not had to send them a sample report, which is great - we have to renew every 3yrs and it usually involves copious amounts of checking, re-checking, comparing it with what they recommended last time (they check to see if you did the changes). New ruling is on 4th renewal you just give evidence of CPD.

I'm sure there is loads more on one of my lists, let alone the fly list.

Get well vibes to all the tripping toddlers. I managed to jump off 3 basement stairs and fall splat on a concrete floor when I was about to change schools. Arrived at senior school with a black eye and broken nose.

Mumof2 sorry the horse didn't work out.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 8th Feb 18, 7:05 AM
    • 2,211 Posts
    • 20,793 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Hi ladies - just lurking this week as I'm decorating like a demon. Tiled and grouted the cooker splashback yesterday and I'm very pleased with the end result....

Anyway - Hugs for all (especially splatted Flykids) X
    • debtfreeforlife
    • By debtfreeforlife 8th Feb 18, 7:40 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    debtfreeforlife
    Morning all, sounds like lots of folk are nursing injuries or illnesses at the moment - hope you all feel better soon.

Not done much flying over the past few days, was baking for a slimming world taster on Tues and then at said taster yesterday. Will be catching up on things tonight though, so task list is:

Throw out the dying plant and give up on ever being able to keep a plant alive in this flat
    Sort out fridge - with taster last night and veg box turning up while I still have some veg left, it's a bit of a mess. Stir fry needed tonight to finish up the last of the old stuff!
    Meal plan
    Look at ignored Tues, Wed and Thurs flying tasks and decide what's possible today

Decided as I have missed the 'sweet spot' of pre 7.30 traffic I'll hang on until 8.40 which is when it gets reasonable again and be 5 mins late. Cuppa tea I think.
    Last edited by debtfreeforlife; 08-02-2018 at 7:43 AM.
    GC Feb 18: 204.97/200 | Mar 18: 207.93/200 | Apr 18 165.53/200.00
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 8th Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    • 2,639 Posts
    • 40,469 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Thank you mumof2, got back from hospital and had a 30 min powernap, just walked dog and now settled with a bowl of carrot fries to watch Silent Witness

Do you know what is causing the anxiety? I hate waking up with the panics, with mum being in hospital I am predicting an anxious night, hope the anxiety eases quickly x shame about the horse, fingers crossed the right one comes along soon
    Originally posted by donnajt
    I suffer from anxiety generally I'm afraid and sometimes it doesn't take too much to push me over the edge though I am so much better than I was. Sometimes life just makes you anxious doesn't it - it will pass, thank you.

Very glad it's the LR today as we have a financial adviser coming this afternoon and this is where he'll be sat!! Will do my best to have it looking nice.
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 8th Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Visits to Cornwall, me, me

Hey, you got the skiing sorted - great news.

Hope the relocation goes well.
    Originally posted by Narc0lepsy
    All Flyladies are of course welcome in Cornwall

Skiing is not to Canada. They took forever to say no so we lost all our money. Weve booked a last minute discount deal to France rather than sit here for the second week of the holiday feeling sorry for ourselves.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Feb 18, 12:56 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Hope your Mum soon better donnajt and you managed to get a good sleep

Lx
    Originally posted by lynnejk
    Thank you Lynnejk, just back from visiting Mum, her sodium level have dropped dangerously low, she's on drips to try and rehydrate her and increase sodium level, several of her meds are being withheld temporarily as they affect sodium, waiting for scan, fingers crossed no new cancer or growth of existing ones
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Feb 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    I suffer from anxiety generally I'm afraid and sometimes it doesn't take too much to push me over the edge though I am so much better than I was. Sometimes life just makes you anxious doesn't it - it will pass, thank you.

Very glad it's the LR today as we have a financial adviser coming this afternoon and this is where he'll be sat!! Will do my best to have it looking nice.
    Originally posted by Mumof2
    Mumof2, hope you are feeling better today xxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin