Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    • 20,406Posts
    • 232,004Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018
    • 4th Feb 18, 7:02 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018 4th Feb 18 at 7:02 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don!!!8217;t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clear sills and wipe
    Clean Windows
    Wipe tables and chairs - don't forget underneath where sticky fingers linger
    Wash table cloths or wipe placemats
    Wipe switches and sockets

Level 2

Empty bin
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.

Level 3

Wipe down cupboard fronts
    Give fridge a proper clean out - wash shelves etc and wipe down the door strips.
    Sweep and mop floor

Extras

MAD half hour - post yours!
    HHI
    Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week - manicure, hair, coffee with a friend...
    Household accounts - are they up-to-date? Budget on track?
    Check your meal plan for the week - can you make two and freeze one - or even construct some building blocks? - Half Term looms so I'm suggesting this particularly for those with littlies

Twinkly Tuesday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Wash out toothbrush holder and tooth mugs/glaases

HHI
    Mad half hour - what are you doing?

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up (we will gloss over my little heap then)
    How are those half term plans coming along?
    S&S bathroom
    S&S kitchen

Thursday Thrills Living room
    Level 1

Empty out any rubbish
    Cleat coffee table
    Rehome aything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around t he house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT
    Sort out your handbag - make sure you're not carrying unnecessary carp around with you
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom

Friday Flourish Kids' Rooms/ Spare rooms/guest rooms

Level 1

Open the windows wide
    Binbag dance
    Strip the bed and turn the mattress - if you can
    Clean under the bed if accessible
    Remake the bed

Level 2
    Dust any shelves and sills and flat surfaces
    If a guest/spare room check the lighting is fully-functional
    Wipe switches/sockets/skirtings

Level 3
    Clean the windows
    vacuum curtains/dust blinds
    Deal with floor - sweep - mop -vacuum - sandblast as appropriate

Extras

S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    MAD half hour
    Check smoke detectors and outside lighting is all functioning
    HHI
    Last edited by Valli; 09-02-2018 at 7:14 AM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 2
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 5th Feb 18, 9:36 AM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Morning All - seriously in this week!!!

thank you as always Natty & Valli for all our lovely lists x

Slinkies -2lb off - 10.5lb in 4 weeks .... hooray!

DD's 18th birthday Easter Weekend so got to start doing all those frog decorating jobs that need doing before her party

Knee is so bad but i'm pushing on, love and hugs to those who need them today, lovely walk to school with DS and dog in the snow

right....heading to kitchen and dining room
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 5th Feb 18, 10:01 AM
    • 4,965 Posts
    • 49,812 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Welcome back SGT.

Jojo, the only way I could reset my body clock to accepting going to bed and getting a good night's sleep at a reasonable hour was to reset it gradually. I was used to turning the light out at anywhere between 1.00 and 2.00 am every night, but by doing three to five nights of strictly 1.00 am at the lastest, then 12.30 am, then midnight, then 11.30 pm, then 11.00 I discovered my personal sleep pattern was that it needed to be 11.30 pm. If I do that I wake up before the alarm and I feel pretty good most of the day. (Late nights at weekends aren't helpful.) I also seem to need a lot more sleep in the winter which I can only assume is to do with getting enough daylight. I recently slipped back into bad old habits and the result was absolutely disastrous. It's been a long time since I've felt that ill and dispressed, and spent every evening out with friends yawning. Not good.

Good luck with the house-hunting FBO.

Everything tidied away and ready for the day. How come having spent hours yesterday cleaning there are dust bunnies (basically Kelpie's hair) everywhere I look? I know it wasn't spotless, but Come ON. Oven pans from last night are still unwashed on the sundeck so I'll deal with them when I do the lunchtime washing up.

Froggie minutes almost completed, then I'm hoping the dog trainer with the secure field will allow Kelpie and I to go and practice a bit of his recall and target training. That'll completely knacker him for a couple of days.
    Last edited by Honey Bear; 05-02-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    Keeping it AF
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 5th Feb 18, 10:11 AM
    • 2,639 Posts
    • 40,469 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Doing really well .... just got these things to do but am out for a coffee first

Level 2

Level 3
    Give fridge a proper clean out - wash shelves etc and wipe down the door strips.
    Sweep and mop floor

Extras

HHI
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 5th Feb 18, 10:17 AM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 35,839 Thanks
    ionafan
    FBO (glad you're feeling so much better and hope you get your new home soon) and SGT.

Progress so far:
    - Clear sills and wipe
    - Clean Windows
    - Empty bin x5 and leave manky one soaking in bleach
    - Clear sides and wipe down
    - Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    - Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    - Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.
    - Wipe down cupboard fronts
    - Give fridge a proper clean out - wash shelves etc and wipe down the door strips.

Also started to write shopping list for later - we have enough food for a half-decent lunch

Must work on my essay for a couple of hours now - MAD half-hour x 4, then it will be lunchtime! (Like Rosie, I think I'm food-oriented...)
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    24/04/2018: 11 st 2.5 lb
    • Lover of Lycra
    • By Lover of Lycra 5th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Lover of Lycra
    Hello Fly Ladies

I've just been lurking for the past few weeks and doing some halfhearted flying. Hoping to get back into it this week.
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 5th Feb 18, 11:08 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 1,569 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    I'm back in this week and boy does the house need it. Been to paid stuff this morning so now to start. Laundry (wash, dry, iron and put away, I will not allow an ironing mountain to develop) and vacuuming floors.

Also need to shop

That will probably be enough as today is the first day for 3 weeks I have felt human, still coughing loads but not exhausted when I get up so hopefully and over this virus.

Off to get a load in WM so see you later
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 5th Feb 18, 1:42 PM
    • 10,408 Posts
    • 113,427 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Greetings fellow Flyers; and welcome to newbies/returners.

I'm sort of in - just doing as much as I can manage, when I can manage it this week, as The Nasty Cold Bug is trying to get me.
    Honey Bear I feel your anger, and sympathise. I hate having wet washing draped about. Find out about your nearest laundrette; opening times, what coins to take, cost of service wash or self service, and print out directions to get there.
    Originally posted by Valli
    HB I agree with Valli - hand 'em info on local laundrettes along with their invoice/other paperwork. You could even include a G00gle Maps printout from your place to the laundrette!
    If that doesn't work, I'd be inclined to remove the fuse from the plug when I wasn't actually using the WM myself.

Idiot DH Mr LW nodded off in front of the pc three times this morning, despite having snored his head off (and thus kept me awake) most of the night. So he got told in no uncertain terms to shut it down and find something useful to do. Such as put the Dys0n round to save me doing it later

He's currently sitting eating cheese on toast at me (I'm skipping lunch; slinkiness still eludes me and I'm desperate now).

Tomorrow will be a better day; I have a little Yorkie coming in for a simple overnight stay while his owners have the double-glazing men in. He'll be arriving early though; the husband is bringing him over on his way to work; they said about 08:00 so I shall be ready by 07:30, in case they're a bit earlier than 08:00
    Last edited by LameWolf; 05-02-2018 at 1:49 PM.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • froddington
    • By froddington 5th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 6,628 Posts
    • 93,632 Thanks
    froddington
    Welcome newbies and returners

Beautiful sunshine here but, oh my, it's cold. Didn't put the heating on during the day at all in Jan but have given in today.

Somehow I've managed to complete Level 2 today - am going to leave the window as I'm sure Valli will put windows on other lists and I'd rather do them altogether. Will run the vacuum around later.

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen

Level 1

Clear sill and wipe
    Clean Window

Level 2 done!!

Level 3
    Vacuum floor

Extras
    MAD half hour - H2H!
    Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week - cinema with Dad Tuesday morning and meeting up with a friend in the afternoon
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2018 £100
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 5th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 2,639 Posts
    • 40,469 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Done all I am going to on the kitchen - John almost fell off his chair when he saw me cleaning the windows lol!!

LW have fun with the Yorkie tomorrow! Whiz is going to boarding on Friday through to Sunday night but I haven't told him yet (he loves seeing his friends Tia and Bear though, so no problem).
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 5th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 9,628 Posts
    • 121,731 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Shopping is done and away
    Whole house hoovered
    Rubbish out all bins cleaned
    A looooooooooooong conversation carried out with the bank, why do they have to make things so awkard, any way all sorted now.
    Soup for lunch eaten
    Last edited by kazwookie; 05-02-2018 at 4:03 PM.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 5th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 36,686 Posts
    • 472,397 Thanks
    pigpen
    LW.. it is very naughty to starve yourself.. as a starvation expert.. it really doesn't work. At least eat something like vegetables or fruit which doesn't have the fat/sugar/carb content of actual food and will fill your poor rumbly tum and keep your blood sugars regulated.. I do not want to hear of you being hospitalised with a hypoglycaemic attack because you have collapsed from hunger!! Cheese isn't much good for slinkiness .. can you rustle up an omelette with mushrooms or grated root veg or tomato? That is filling and will keep you going and will be better than hunger!

I've lost 8lb eating twice as much as I usually do.. toast or omelette for lunch with fruit and rice/veg and vegetarian somethings for dinner.. all with a mountain of fruit and veg.. and swpping 2 of the 3 sugars in my tea for sweetener.. though I am suspecting this has made the most difference!.. I'm starting to look a bit like a root veg.. I have a pack of beetroot to devour tonight!

school run time already!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    24/03/2018 £53974.15 (5.15% int.)
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 5th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 4,547 Posts
    • 37,858 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

Home from job no. 1 and the house is freezing just found the themometer and its 10 degrees in my little office. So the heating is now on and I have whizzed around with the cordless Vac while it gets warmed up a bit. Kitchen tidied, fridge checked, bin emptied. Pork shoulder in SC for tea so I will do a bit more in the kitchen later.

Oh and I am going to make an appointment for my eyebrows shaping (me time). I used to go to a local salon but they got a new member of staff who was horrible so I stopped going. Going to try somewhere else - dont exactly like going but dont like doing my own eyebrows either!

Right, enough waffling, paid stuff to do.
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 5th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Level 1
    Clear sills and wipe
    Clean Windows

Level 2
    Empty bin

Level 3
    Sweep and mop floor

Extras
    MAD half hour - hoovering every nook and cranny and flea spraying
    HHI - up early walked dog/ds to school in snow
    Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week - strollercise Weds 1:30
    Check your meal plan for the week - can you make two and freeze one - or even construct some building blocks? - Half Term looms so I'm suggesting this particularly for those with littlies .... in hand
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 5th Feb 18, 3:42 PM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 19,884 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Today has been manic. I've eaten loads of smarties too so very much doubt the scales will be kind tomorrow oh well tomorrow is a new day!

- 3 xWM
    - 2 post office trips
    - volunteering
    - tip run
    - loads of admin for DH
    - two letters written and posted
    - two dog walks
    - chemist visited

Need to head out again shortly. Bed would be preferable! Sorry I'm moany today - hate these grey skies and freezer temps x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.4.18 - £103,870
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • debtfreeforlife
    • By debtfreeforlife 5th Feb 18, 5:24 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 904 Thanks
    debtfreeforlife
    Hello all! Home from work and determined to fly today - reheating leftovers from last night for dinner as starving, and half an hour's break, then to do something productive. Aiming for:

Clean windows
    Household accounts
    Put away yesterday's ironing
    Wash out lunchbox and make lunch for tomorrow

My veg box turns up on Thursday morning so I clean the fridge on a Weds night. Pondering making dinner for Weds as well, I have slimming world that night and always come home hungry and have to resist takeaway.
    GC Feb 18: £204.97/£200 | Mar 18: £207.93/£200 | Apr 18 £165.53/£200.00
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 5th Feb 18, 5:53 PM
    • 24,115 Posts
    • 95,080 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Ugh. Offspring of the Parish just don't know when to shut up. Horrible creatures. One decided to spend an entire lesson just yelling AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH constantly.

Am surrounded by people who have all shoved resignation letters in a senior person's pigeonhole today - before the cutoff date for resignations, they're that determined to leave.

Looks like I'll either a) be made redundant because there isn't a faculty left or b) will be more important than ever as I'll be the only one left standing with a bunch of newbies to babysit.

I'd quite happily put my coat on and walk out with a 'I quit. Bye' if I knew there was a way for the bills to be paid without my salary.

Couldn't sleep, so ended up having a bath at 3am. Quite nice when it's pitch dark and there isn't the sound of radio comedies/sitcoms/TV all going all the time with the entire house lit up like a beacon.

Really tired now, though. Hopefully there will be some food soon and I can get a relatively early night.

I've installed apps on my phone and laptop to take out the blue light as much as possible - there's a slight gold cast to my laptop as I'm using it because it looks up the times for sunrise and sunset for the location - by about 10pm, it'll be more orange than anything (calling itself 'Ember' shade because it's meant to mimic a fire).

Might work better if the TV wasn't on, but I'm not watching that.

I've done all the usual things of dark curtains, persuaded Himself that switching on every single bright light on the way to bed just wakes me up for the next six hours, so it isn't appreciated, don't touch coffee after 2pm and always try to go to bed before midnight, but the earliest I go to sleep, however hard I try, seems to be between 1 and 2am, but usually nearer 3am. And the book I read last night just said 'go to bed at the same time for a week, then go to bed earlier every day, don't have a social life, don't pay any attention to anybody's needs other than your own and you'll be just like a superduper businessman. Oh, and have a 20 minute nap between 3 and 5pm.

Will do some more clothes sorting (and possibly some packing) tonight.

But now, I want food! I'm hungry!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 5th Feb 18, 5:55 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 22,232 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    - One load washing done
    - Visa card paid
    - Report nearly done
    - Rang cc company as couldn't get into web site - turns out I hadn't used the card for so long they hadn't sent me a new one when it expired and I didn't notice. Another one ordered asap as it is one I only have to use on hols as no interest or fee.
    - Printed off Tesc* voucher to use at Prezz* this eve as it is MIL's birthday.
    - emailed about putting an entry in village mag
    - went to gym, did clubbercise and core express
    - emailed mum and brother letting them know holiday itinerary jic
    -booked car service
    - filled bird feeders
    - general tidy but not bad as we haven't been home all weekend.

That's all the easy stuff from my pre-holiday panic list.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 5th Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    • 508 Posts
    • 6,262 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for the lists, keeping me on my toes & reminds me regularly of "forgotten" things to do!
    It's been an absolute crazy day here.. So much stuff to fit in & not much time at home..
    Still, kitchen was S&S, bins emptied and put out in big bin..
    Then car was in for MOT (only needed a little work) & DS1's too (fail.. Ouch!)
    Kept my mother company for a few hours, made her lunch and updated her laptop
    Now sat decluttering some soup, trying to keep my eyes open!
    Early night for me!
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 2018!!!
    Jan 18 GC Feb 18 GC Mar 18 GC Apr 18 GC: £281.35/£300
    • tboo
    • By tboo 5th Feb 18, 6:11 PM
    • 642 Posts
    • 3,070 Thanks
    tboo
    arvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clear sills and wipe
    Clean Windows did them on Saturday

Level 2

Empty bin

Level 3

Sweep and mop floor

Extras

HHI
    Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week - manicure, hair, coffee with a friend...
    Check your meal plan for the week - can you make two and freeze one - or even construct some building blocks? - Half Term looms so I'm suggesting this particularly for those with littlies
    started on No Clutter thread
    25/01/2018
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen
    ----------------------------------------------
    • Lover of Lycra
    • By Lover of Lycra 5th Feb 18, 6:53 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Lover of Lycra
    Kitchen has been cleaned, dinner made (which I'm about to enjoy) and then I'm going to tackle that pile of ironing that grew over the weekend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

3,796Users online

Martin's Twitter