Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gracie83
    • By gracie83 4th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    • 287Posts
    • 85Thanks
    gracie83
    MSE weekly email - writer with Crohn's disease
    • 4th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    MSE weekly email - writer with Crohn's disease 4th Feb 18 at 2:33 PM
    This is a bit random but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

My mum said that she had read one of the MSE weekly emails and one of the writers was discussing the fact he had just returned after being seriously ill with Crohn's disease and was recovering from the surgery. She said he had linked to some sites about Crohn's disease.

My husband is 4 months post surgery for Crohn's and is still really ill so I really appreciate people highlighting the illness and would like to track the email down to read his experiences and look at the links he had suggested.

I have been going though my deleted emails but I have not been able to find this one so far.

Thank you!
Page 1
    • gracie83
    • By gracie83 4th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    gracie83
    • 4th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    Found it! Did not think to look at this weeks email as I thought (obviously not) I had read it.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2018/01/25/coupon-kids-kryptonite-crohns-disease-jordon-cox-gone-quiet/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_te rm=31-Jan-18-7536&utm_campaign=nt-oneliners-three&utm_content=6
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 4th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    • 3,937 Posts
    • 14,598 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    • 4th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    This is a bit random but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

My mum said that she had read one of the MSE weekly emails and one of the writers was discussing the fact he had just returned after being seriously ill with Crohn's disease and was recovering from the surgery. She said he had linked to some sites about Crohn's disease.

My husband is 4 months post surgery for Crohn's and is still really ill so I really appreciate people highlighting the illness and would like to track the email down to read his experiences and look at the links he had suggested.

I have been going though my deleted emails but I have not been able to find this one so far.

Thank you!
    Originally posted by gracie83
    it was the coupon guy I think, I saw something on the twitter feed.

I have early stages Crohn's and although I want the consultant to just cut out the affected part of my bowel, he insists that i try different medications first.
    The first one almost killed my liver and I was touch and go for a while after only 10 days on the med, I have just started another med called methotrexate and although it has a thousand side effects (including death) my system seems to be coping with it so far.

Not visited the site myself yet but www crohnsandcolitis.org.uk is the one recommended by the GI nurse.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 80.6
    Total so far - 1833.8
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 5th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 24,383 Posts
    • 96,493 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    it was the coupon guy I think, I saw something on the twitter feed.

I have early stages Crohn's and although I want the consultant to just cut out the affected part of my bowel, he insists that i try different medications first.
    The first one almost killed my liver and I was touch and go for a while after only 10 days on the med, I have just started another med called methotrexate and although it has a thousand side effects (including death) my system seems to be coping with it so far.

Not visited the site myself yet but www crohnsandcolitis.org.uk is the one recommended by the GI nurse.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    MTX isn't too bad in the doses prescribed for autoimmune diseases. Just keep having the blood tests and at the first sign of infection, see your GP/Dentist/contact the clinic for advice. Oh, and DON'T miss out the folic acid tablets on the other day(s).

[from experience, I'd suggest you have a checkup at the dentist/hygienist and tell them you've started it, just to make certain there's nothing grumbling away before it makes itself known]
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,043Posts Today

8,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick #eng pre-match poll. What result do you predict?

• I agree this glitch wasn't flights for 1p it was flights for c. £200 - I think many would've expected that to be th? https://t.co/QUTnlBLPkj

• Was the BA fare glitch fair? Are you one of those let down by BA cancelling cheap flights to Tel Avivandr Dubai? H? https://t.co/PvN8Zaxbue

• Follow Martin