Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RayRay88
    • By RayRay88 4th Feb 18, 9:16 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 4Thanks
    RayRay88
    Another QA Hospital Parking Charge
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:16 AM
    Another QA Hospital Parking Charge 4th Feb 18 at 9:16 AM
    Hello so a parking charge was issued by PCP Parking Enforcement at QA Hospital a couple of days ago. A ticket was bought but it over-run briefly while in A&E. The car is leased from work firm so they will refer lessee details if sent NtK but obviously this still does not prove who was driving. They are an IPC member and windscreen ticket was issued so Forum recommends appealing to parking company ASAP before NtK, would this still require the same one size fits all template/guide as in the Newbies thread?
    Reading different forums and threads sometimes it's easy to get lost in a total wormhole and forget what the initial question was.

Thanks for all the advice and hardwork.

Sidenote, PCP Parking are contracted by Carillion and now the Carillion group have collapsed, what does anyone think about the immediate effects of this in regards to parking company?
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    MPs spoke in the Commons two days ago about hospital car parking scams, there is legislation afoot to put them out of busness.

Complain to your MP. The more complaints they get, the more likely they are to act.

Please watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41t
    Last edited by The Deep; 04-02-2018 at 1:32 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    • 17,621 Posts
    • 27,847 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    The car is leased from work firm so they will refer lessee details if sent NtK but obviously this still does not prove who was driving.
    Get the initial appeal in so they have no excuse to go to the DVLA and discover who the registered keeper is (hire company who might just pay the ticket, bill you and add a tasty service charge for your account!).

Sidenote, PCP Parking are contracted by Carillion and now the Carillion group have collapsed, what does anyone think about the immediate effects of this in regards to parking company?
    An interesting point. There might be a possibility that they no longer have a contract to operate. So why not write to the DVLA and ask are PCP Parking (aka Parkshield) still being allowed access to the DVLA database?

Give them a bit of hassle back.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

There have been one or two posts suggesting DD has moved on from this role, but in the absence of a replacement email address to offer you, use this one for now.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    would lov to see the new contract , hell does one exist or are they just working solo
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 10:12 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:12 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 10:12 AM
    press cuttings show that the car parking control was run by carrillion , not pcp

so if the contractor has gone bust , who is hiring pcp
    https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/health/hundreds-of-staff-at-risk-as-qa-contractor-goes-into-liquidation-1-8331599
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 4th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 4,122 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 4th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    Why not write to PCP and ask what contract they have. See if they commit to paper and copy in the Trust as you think there may be an issue IF it is their staff ticketing which might be supporting possible civil fraud.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • RayRay88
    • By RayRay88 4th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    RayRay88
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    Thanks for replies. Will try to write to suggested people of interest above in due time but main concern unfortunately still being monitored at the hospital so will take from step 1.
    So online appeal states you can only appeal if you were the driver at the time of the incident, obviously they're looking for someone they can name as a driver should too much be read into that, can it actually go against the appellant? parkingenforcementagency.org/appeals-system/index.php

Also to submit an appeal you need to fill in the details marked with an asterisk, should it be necessary they require a telephone number?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 7,228 Posts
    • 6,735 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    Do not name the driver or give any indication who the driver might be.
    If it insists on a name write 'Not Telling'.

No need to supply a telephone number.
    If it insists on a number, make one up.

You must however ensure you supply the day to day keeper's name and address to divert the PPC away from getting the registered keeper's details from the DVLA.
    Last edited by KeithP; 04-02-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 4th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 2,901 Posts
    • 4,399 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    What a crock of s**t that site is:

http://www.parkingenforcementagency.org/appeals-system/index.php

Not even https!
    • RayRay88
    • By RayRay88 4th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    RayRay88
    Do not name the driver or give any indication who the driver might be.
    If it insists on a name write 'Not Telling'.
    Thanks what I meant was does agreeing to appeal make you liable as the driver, as 'only driver themselves can make appeal', if you see what I mean?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Feb 18, 12:47 PM
    • 7,228 Posts
    • 6,735 Thanks
    KeithP
    Absolutely right Fisher Jim.

This first sentence is interesting:
    Make an Appeal Online.

Please Note: Drivers at the time of the incident are the only persons permitted to submit an appeal online. Appeals by passengers or other third parties are not accepted.
    So an appeal from the keeper is not accepted eh?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 7,228 Posts
    • 6,735 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thanks what I meant was does agreeing to appeal make you liable as the driver, as 'only driver themselves can make appeal', if you see what I mean?
    Originally posted by RayRay88
    They must accept an appeal from the keeper.

Having read the page that Fisher Jim linked to, and their FAQ page, it does appear that they want a keeper to appeal by post.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 4th Feb 18, 12:58 PM
    • 2,901 Posts
    • 4,399 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Absolutely right Fisher Jim.

This first sentence is interesting:

So an appeal from the keeper is not accepted eh?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Exactly, the fact that they state this is for all intents and purposes immaterial anyway as we all know whatever you put and who ever send it it will be rejected.

The other S**T they spout is:

Aren't wardens supposed to give 'a few minutes grace' before issuing a ticket?
    Contrary to popular belief, you are not - and never have been - permitted to stop for 'a few minutes' other than to set down or pick up passengers or load and unload goods
    Misleading to say the least!

I had broken down at the time the ticket was issued?

If your vehicle was broken down, you must seek permission to park the car. Contact the telephone number on the signs or the landowner of the property.
    What at 6pm on a Sunday?

The online appeal system does not consider grounds of mitigation.

Then who does, that basically says stuff you don't bother, we won't accept any appeal about anything, but we knew that anyway!
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 4th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 8,958 Posts
    • 13,769 Thanks
    trisontana
    I'm pretty darned sure that the above wording about grace periods has been copied from a council website. I think another PPC was using that (borrowed) phrase years ago. Another clue that it's been copied from a council website is the part about yellow lines.
    Last edited by trisontana; 04-02-2018 at 1:21 PM.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 4th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 8,958 Posts
    • 13,769 Thanks
    trisontana
    I cannot see this firm listed on either the BPA or IPC lists of approved operators. That is unless they also go by another name. The only address is a PO box in Knutsford Cheshire.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Feb 18, 1:36 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    parkshield https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629841-Parkshield-Collection-Ltd

a mailbox address , there are 13 companies at this address https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies?q=WA16+6DG
    Last edited by pappa golf; 04-02-2018 at 1:39 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 4th Feb 18, 1:40 PM
    • 2,901 Posts
    • 4,399 Thanks
    fisherjim
    From their parent website here's a contradiction:

Understanding & Investigation
    We are very experienced with dealing with motorists that have visited hospitals. Without a doubt there are many occasions when an individual has genuine reasons for parking in contravention. Our experienced Appeals processing team takes this into account and mitigating circumstances are always considered.

http://www.parkshieldgroup.com/Healthcare.html
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Feb 18, 4:27 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,087 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They are an IPC member and windscreen ticket was issued so Forum recommends appealing to parking company ASAP before NtK, would this still require the same one size fits all template/guide as in the Newbies thread?
    Yes and no. Alter it to include what IamEmanresu suggested above.

And you are appealing as lessee (day to day keeper) of the car, NOT 'driver'.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• deres1212
    • By deres1212 5th Feb 18, 10:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deres1212
    Im in the same boat. I got a parking ticket from these guys at QA back in November. I walked into Carrilions office as I was staff, they told me to use the online appeals. When that was rejected I went back and they took the charge notice off of me and said they would deal with it. I've now received a notice to keeper at my address. Im pretty annoyed because I dont have the original paperwork as they took it off me, and I had to claim I was the keeper and driver as the appeals process required me to tick one. Anyone got any ideas of how to proceed?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 5th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    and have ALL the Carrilion staff now gone from the land or are they now wearing jackets with a different name on the back
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

124Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin