Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 2nd Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    • 7,310Posts
    • 10,735Thanks
    surfsister
    train refund help please!!
    • 2nd Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    train refund help please!! 2nd Feb 18 at 5:18 PM
    Hi guys a relative just came to see me from Leeds to Ipswich booked at a train station ie Leeds (Northern Line)

He travelled from Leeds to Peterborough all ok (Virgin trains East)

but then his train to Ipswich was cancelled (Greater Anglia)and so had to go to Norwich then to Ipswich and was an hour and ten mins late). So who does he claim from? The last time this happened (it happens most times and he doesn't claim) he claimed from the wrong company who said they passed it on but he never had a refund.

(the guard told him to go from Peterborough to Kings Cross, Liverpool st and back to Ipswich!!!! would have taken hours)

Does he claim from Greater Anglia as it was their train which was late?

So confusing. Thanks if you can help.
Page 1
    • cookie365
    • By cookie365 2nd Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 1,778 Posts
    • 1,176 Thanks
    cookie365
    • 2nd Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    He claims from Greater Anglia as it was their cancelled service that caused the delay.
    • elverson
    • By elverson 5th Feb 18, 10:47 AM
    • 787 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    elverson
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:47 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:47 AM
    Link is here:

https://greateranglia.delayrepaycompensation.com/
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 5th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 7,310 Posts
    • 10,735 Thanks
    surfsister
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    thanks both greatly appreciated!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,326Posts Today

7,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin