Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • johnnytee
    • By johnnytee 2nd Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 310Posts
    • 35Thanks
    johnnytee
    Strange popup warning
    • 2nd Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    Strange popup warning 2nd Feb 18 at 2:02 PM
    Hi all
    Keep getting this warning on my PC from 'Easy Display Manager'

"Battery Life Time in current state is not longer.
    Because you may lose your data during using, please replace to new battery.
    (honest goods)

Tip> Battery Pack is Cunsumerable device.

This pack is not working correctly or life time is not longer,
    please use to replace to new battery (honest goods)."

The English is really poor. Is this anything to worry about and how do I get rid of it?
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 2nd Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 3,539 Posts
    • 2,725 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 2nd Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    Good grief !!

Run this (Free version) :- https://www.malwarebytes.com/

And then this :- https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Should fix you up (honest goods)
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • GunJack
    • By GunJack 2nd Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 10,110 Posts
    • 7,574 Thanks
    GunJack
    • 2nd Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    Should fix you up (honest goods)
    Originally posted by AndyPix

They're getting worse!!
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......
    • gallifreyangirl
    • By gallifreyangirl 2nd Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    gallifreyangirl
    • 2nd Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    Super anti spyware and CC cleaner are two very good free programs that get rid of malware, viruses and spyware.
    • emptybox
    • By emptybox 2nd Feb 18, 4:29 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    emptybox
    • 2nd Feb 18, 4:29 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 4:29 PM
    Easy Display Manager is a utility that Samsung preinstall on their laptops and PCs.

It does have a 'genuine' battery warning similar to yours, but seemingly is often a false warning, so doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your battery.

You could always test it with other tools, such as BatteryInfoView. Presuming you have a laptop.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/false-battery-warning-on-np550p5c.774602/

Youtube - How to disable Battery warning Samsung laptops

Of course it could be malware pretending to be EDM, so no harm in checking (especially if you don't have a Samsung).
    But as it doesn't seem to be asking you to purchase anything, or directing you towards a website, I think it's unlikely.
    Last edited by emptybox; 02-02-2018 at 4:35 PM.
    • hans 2
    • By hans 2 2nd Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    hans 2
    • 2nd Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    Uninstall Easy Display Manager via Apps & Features.
    It's only bloatware and not needed.
    • pinkflamingo1965
    • By pinkflamingo1965 10th Feb 18, 1:54 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pinkflamingo1965
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:54 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:54 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am having the same problem. I have a Samsung. I have looked in Apps and Features and Easy Display Manager isn!!!8217;t listed. It also isn!!!8217;t listed in the drop-down list of the Samsung folder. I did a search of my entire PC and nothing came up. I have done all the scans you all kindly mentioned and although it has found a few things e.g. adware, the popup keeps appearing. I do online banking so I am quite concerned.

Does anyone know whether the You Tube video is legit? It seems to be my only thing left for me to try but only has 4 comments on it.

Is there anything else I could try?!

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    • emptybox
    • By emptybox 10th Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    emptybox
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    If you mean the Youtube video that I posted, that just suggests renaming the battery warning application.
    That should be perfectly safe, and you can always go back and change it back, if it doesn't work. Just keep a note of it's location.

But you'd probably be better getting the whole of Easy Display Manager uninstalled if possible.
    Various methods in the following link; some of which you've already tried, but a couple that you haven't, so worth a shot.

http://www.uninstallhelps.com/how-to-uninstall-easy-display-manager-3-0-3-5.html

I wouldn't bother with System Restore, as EDM has always been there. Unless you think your problems started with an update to it.
    • pinkflamingo1965
    • By pinkflamingo1965 10th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pinkflamingo1965
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    Thank you empty box, I will try some of these. I am beginning to wonder that it is nothing to do with EDM as my computer isnít listing it anywhere, but I will certainly work through these various methods!

Thanks for your time and help - it is much appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

88Posts Today

1,248Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin