Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 2nd Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 4,284Posts
    • 4,330Thanks
    DoaM
    Annoying DDoS Screen
    • 2nd Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    Annoying DDoS Screen 2nd Feb 18 at 12:45 PM
    Just noticed this today. When I first opened the forum a got a "Checking your browser" splash page (with some words mentioned DDoS in small font). "OK" I thought, "They're doing something to protect the forum".

I then went to reply to a thread, after clicking Submit I got another splash page and then a blank page! I had to click Back and then resubmit for my reply to go through (without another splash page appearing).

Anyone else noticed this?

Edit: In fact, I had to do exactly the same thing to get this thread to post.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 4th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    I guess it was only me then.

Not seen it here at home ... the issue I saw was from my work PC, so might be something to do with routing as my public IP address at work is a non-UK server.
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 5th Feb 18, 8:25 AM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:25 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:25 AM
    Yep ... back in the office and I get the DDoS screen.
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 33,024 Posts
    • 38,591 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    Im blocked totally at work as it thinks I'm a spammer
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Feb 18, 8:22 AM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:22 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:22 AM
    @MSE Andrea ... per your PM request, I've sent you an email with a screenshot of what I see.
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

2,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin