Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi HHD, only back from a lovely relaxing week at home with big plans on spending less time at work and I’m v tired already. I was trying to work out how I could get in earlier today and OH talked some sense into me as that would mean a 5am start to get the bus at 6.15 rather than my usual 5.30:coffee:. It also snowed again last night so had a hairy journey to train station.

I hate to see what way my day will pan out as it started like this.....I’m on the train and quite hungry but I have my meal prep done (smug me) and will have overnight oats when I get to work. I thought that nope I’m hungry so thought I would have my homemade blueberry muffin (sugar free) which I had wrapped in tin foil last night. I unwrapped it and it has morphed into a really smelly lump of blue cheese. :o. Obviously picked up wrong thing on way out the door... I wonder what I have actually packed for lunch:D.

Hopefully an NSD today. I really fancy a nice coffee but I also have a make your own instant cappuccino in my drawer. MSE life for me :D
  • That's hilarious about the blue cheese :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: but also very sad :cry::cry:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Your old diary is back Munchin :beer::j:T:D
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,573 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Do you want your old and new diaries merged Munchin?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Actually I've just remembered that Munchin didn't lose her diary, she started a new one because she was debt free. You can tell I'm tired :o.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I bet the cheese was a shock! I can't stand blue cheese so I'd have been gutted!

I was so tempted to buy myself a soft drink today but managed to resist the temptation and avoid the shop altogether!
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Munchin wrote: »
    Hi HHD, only back from a lovely relaxing week at home with big plans on spending less time at work and I’m v tired already. I was trying to work out how I could get in earlier today and OH talked some sense into me as that would mean a 5am start to get the bus at 6.15 rather than my usual 5.30:coffee:. It also snowed again last night so had a hairy journey to train station.

I hate to see what way my day will pan out as it started like this.....I’m on the train and quite hungry but I have my meal prep done (smug me) and will have overnight oats when I get to work. I thought that nope I’m hungry so thought I would have my homemade blueberry muffin (sugar free) which I had wrapped in tin foil last night. I unwrapped it and it has morphed into a really smelly lump of blue cheese. :o. Obviously picked up wrong thing on way out the door... I wonder what I have actually packed for lunch:D.

Hopefully an NSD today. I really fancy a nice coffee but I also have a make your own instant cappuccino in my drawer. MSE life for me :D

What did you actually pack for lunch Munchin?:rotfl:

Hope things have quietened down at work and you’re feeling less tired. These dark mornings are no help when you have such an early start to the working morning.

Good girl on the MSE coffee!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Hi all,

Thanks for checking HHD & ES but I was lucky my diary wasn't affected and glad to see people are getting their old diaries sorted. It did make me appreciate how useful these diaries are to keep ourselves on track and also sometimes you put things on the diary that you can't share in real life which is so helpful.

Lilith - well done on the soft drink- I wrestle with the wee voice on my shoulder all the time. It's only a coffee...& it will only cost £x but it all soon adds up.

SS- I think lunch was ok :D.

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland outside (snow is back) and I'm supposed to go pick up my mum at at 9.45 for mass but I'm going to text her and say it's a duvet day. We have a really steep drive and it's bad enough when I have to go down it in snow/ice for work but I can't expect to drag OH out of bed to get me out to take Mum to mass. Once I get off the drive (sideways) then the road isn't gritted for about 1.5 miles and then up to Mum's another 1.5 of no grit and back down it to mass and back up to Mum's, so basically lots of driving on non treated roads when I don't really have to leave the house. I think it's a guilt thing that I should be doing something for someone but in reality we both 'should' be staying in the house.

Thankfully most of my staff came back to work on Friday and they were still coughing and spluttering. One girl was annoyed that a piece of work she was doing which was really simple was still outstanding and I had to advise her (without launching myself across the desk and battering her:o) that I was totally on my own and had to prioritise everyone's tasks by deadline and if she had still been off sick I would have got to hers by the deadline. I know people can't help being sick but I think a bit of consideration for the knackered people left behind who were trying to spin all the plates and keep things ticking over should be expected as well.

It has been really good for the budget as apart form buying the box of capuccinos I wasn't out anywhere to spend any money. The only spends were yesterday with my top up shop in Mr Ts which still came to almost £30. I don't have much left in the groceries budget but this is the same every month so I probably should look at increasing that budget a bit.

Plans today only include visiting my sister in law much later today and OH will be driving in his jeep which is a lot safer than my car that does not do well in the snow.

Tomorrow will be another attempt at sorting out that work life balance. My therapist says that we are going to work towards improving my self worth and getting up and leaving work at 4pm is part of that plan....didn't manage it last week:p. My Director is on leave this week and I'm keeping an eye on her emails so not sure if I will manage to escape all that early but again the positive spin is that I am in the double digits on my flexi.

Plans for the week ahead - not a lot to be honest which isn't a bad thing:). Hopefully corner wee sis to sort out my hair, pancake day :D & the start of lent...I think I will give up alcohol for the 6 weeks......no hope of giving up chocolate :o

Have a lovely Sunday:D
  • Munchin
    edited 11 February 2018 at 2:50PM
    Update

Money - 11 Feb 2018

Everything else - £[STRIKE]150[/STRIKE]/£92.74 left
    Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£15.04 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£45 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 525 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1384 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£9.69 payable / £5.55 pending
    Prolific - £7.66
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £5.60 pending

Weekly Spends

Sun - 11th -
    Mon 12th -
    Tues 13th -
    Wed 14th -
    Thurs 15th -
    Fri 16th -
    Sat 17th -
  • I think you are quite right not to drive today and I know your mum would agree!

Glad most of the workforce came in and relieved the pressure on you ( I’d wear a face mask though!:D). I think you were very constrained in not battering your peevish colleague as well!

Well done on the spending!

P.S I too couldn’t give up chocolate!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing