Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 1st Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 2,355Posts
    • 7,237Thanks
    Munchin
    Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way..... 1st Feb 18 at 4:00 PM
    Hi all,

After a few bumps along the road I finally became debt free on 29 January 2018 .

I paid off about £26,000 in my last 3 diaries over the course of 10 years. I started my first diary to clear 1 lot of debt and then once it was gone...I took on more debt . So the purpose of this new diary is to start afresh with no debt (just love saying that) and to put down my savings goals and plans for the year ahead. I will do an SOA in the next post.

A little bit about myself I live in N Ireland with my OH and my fur-baby (dog).

During the coming year I want to focus on my savings and the main things are Ė

- An Emergency fund for a rainy day Ė hopefully £2000 by Dec and the second goal will be £10,000 and the final goal is £30,000.

- Holiday 2018 Ė weíre planning on going away for a week in Sept so will aim for £600.

- Finally a dream trip to the Maldives in 2019 Ė approx. £3000.

As I said in last diary in the months ahead my diary will continue to be about penny pinchingÖ.probably giving off to myself about frittering and mainly about getting my budgets funded.
    Scrimpy Challenge 1 - Banish the CC £2520/£1985 (21% paid)
    Scrimpy Challenge 2 - Emergency fund - £422/£5,000(8%)
    Scrimpy Challenge 3 - Holiday 2019 - £250/£2500 (10%)

Page 11
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 11th Aug 18, 6:34 AM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    Munchin
    Monthly budget - Aug 18

Groceries - £100/£38.96 spent
    Eating out -£40/£13.80 spent
    Household & Misc - ££40/£14.91 spent
    Diesel - £80/£46.66 spent
    Work - £100/£38.25 spent
    Gift/Event - £50/£50 spent

August fritter - £18.99
    Scrimpy Challenge 1 - Banish the CC £2520/£1985 (21% paid)
    Scrimpy Challenge 2 - Emergency fund - £422/£5,000(8%)
    Scrimpy Challenge 3 - Holiday 2019 - £250/£2500 (10%)

• Munchin
    • By Munchin 12th Aug 18, 7:11 AM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    Munchin
    MM Day 11 & 12

Morning

Well I thought I was over my bug yesterday but I guess I wasnt.

I went for a run but felt sluggish and then went to beauticians and hairdressers and when I got home I felt ill and was so poorly. Had to dig out the hot water bottle as I was so cold. I slept for a few hours and then went to bed about 8. I missed the party last night and suggested to OH we go and show our faces but he looked at me like Iíd lost the plot. Self care involved a very early night. Feel better today but not 100%.

Todayís plans involve -
    • Prepping for interview
    • Small grocery shop
    • Lunch prep for tmw
    • Get clothes ready for tmw.
    • Lilith1980
    • By Lilith1980 13th Aug 18, 6:27 AM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Lilith1980
    Sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the interview prep too
    My debt-free diary
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 13th Aug 18, 6:53 AM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    Munchin
    MM Day 13

Thanks Lilith - havenít been properly ill in so long so I was probably due something. Feeling much better this morning so at least it will be gone by interview. Fingers crossed.

Interview prep was half hearted this weekend due to sickness but I had all my notes prepared so just need to get them into my head and I still have 2 days left (that made the butterflies flap in belly).

Money mindfulness is going really well but you should see my Amazon wish list. Nearly everything that goes into the wish list stays there and gets deleted later so that says it all reallly. I know Iím not even half way through the month but I have more money in my account at this time of month than normal.

I have my breakfast and lunch prepped today and I canít see me needing to spend any money. .
    Last edited by Munchin; 14-08-2018 at 4:41 PM.
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 14th Aug 18, 4:48 PM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    Munchin
    MM Day 14

Afternoon,

Wow another NSD today and yesterday.

I have my interview tomorrow and I might spend another hour tonight on my notes but I think I'm as well prepared as I could be. My friend threw a couple of questions at me this evening and my mind went blank but hopefully that will not happen tomorrow.

Tonight I'm out for an hour or so and then 1 hour of interview prep, quick shower and early night. I will probably toss and turn for a few hours but that is to be expected.

I've arranged to go out for lunch tomorrow with an ex colleague who has helped me prepare for the interview and that will be my way of thanking her.

Ok almost home time and I will be glad to have this interview over with. I said after my last promotion I will never go for an interview again and look at me now, I have an interview tomorrow and a test for a general promotion in Sept... Ok after this I will never do an interview again.....
    • Lilith1980
    • By Lilith1980 15th Aug 18, 5:41 AM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Lilith1980
    Wishing you all the best for the interview, Munchin. You've done far more than a lot of other people, so I hope it pays off for you
    My debt-free diary
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 15th Aug 18, 5:47 AM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    Munchin
    MM Day 15

Morning ,

I woke up at 4.30 but my normal waking is 5.30, so that isnít too bad. Staggered out of bed at 5 and have brewed a large coffee , let pup out for his business and just sat down to go over notes again. My plan is to read them to about 7 and then take pup for a run. I should be back in house, showered by 9ish. I want to pop into chapel to light a candle (Mum always lights candles for us ..no matter our age when we had exams and results but now she has widened the field to all events). Itís just trying to make my morning go in until I leave for interview at 11.

After interview I will meet my friend for lunch & then after that super analyse everything I said/should have said/didnít say. Yes Iím like this at all interviews and scary events and Iím not going to change.

No plans this evening except to relax with a glass of wine.
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 15th Aug 18, 5:53 AM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    Munchin
    Iím noticing more things Iím getting low on but trying not to buy this month (would not have given 2 thoughts to before being more money minded) are -
    • Double wear foundation
    • Moisturiser (getting really low)
    Will add to list but keeping tabs on much I can stretch the shopping.
    • Lilith1980
    • By Lilith1980 16th Aug 18, 6:56 AM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Lilith1980
    How did the interview go Munchin? And do you know when you'll hear?
    My debt-free diary
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

607Posts Today

6,220Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin