Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moorend
    • By moorend 1st Feb 18, 3:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    moorend
    county court business centre
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:25 PM
    county court business centre 1st Feb 18 at 3:25 PM
    a couple of days ago I received a claim for parking fines from the county court business centre for a total of £328. This was the result of parking and exceeding the free one hour parking nearly 12 months ago on a privately run car park. I have previously ignored demands for payment for this. The carpark in question is used by two businesses. I had previously asked staff about the parking restrictions and signs 'there are no cameras just the signs so don't worry about it' was the response I got. This must have changed at some point but no changes were made to the signs and no warnings given out by staff to counter their previous advice. There is now a small and quite discreet tablet near the till into which you can now enter your reg number if you intend on staying longer than 1 hour. This was not evident on the day in question.
    whats my best defence against the charge?
    Last edited by moorend; 05-02-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    firstly, edit your last post and remove any hint of who was driving or drinking coffee etc

what happened on the day happened to the DRIVER

what happened since that day happened to the KEEPER

now please read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum which contains details on acknowledgement and previous defences that others have used

the "best" defence will depend on numerous factors including some not present in your post , like the SIGNAGE , the landowner contract , compliance with POFA2012 , compliance with the relevant CoP, many factors including some unknowns at this stage

which PPC issued it ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 3,195 Posts
    • 4,215 Thanks
    waamo
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    Post 2 in the faq!!!8217;s covers court.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • moorend
    • By moorend 1st Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    moorend
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:03 PM
    thanks for that. The claimant is Civil Enf. Ltd. What other info would you need in order to advise?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 1st Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    a couple of days ago I received a claim for parking fines from the county court business centre for a total of £328.

A total scam. Even if they took you to court and won, (unlikely) the most a judge would award them would be in the region of £175 - £200.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    • 3,195 Posts
    • 4,215 Thanks
    waamo
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    thanks for that. The claimant is Civil Enf. Ltd. What other info would you need in order to advise?
    Originally posted by moorend
    Have you read the thread I linked to? Your question makes me think you havenít.
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    Originally posted by moorend
    there are dozens of CEL court case threads on here posted since 01 oct 2018

please find them and read them

and read that post you have been referred to as well

there will be plenty of facts that your defence cannot contain at this point , so you cover all eventualities which may be revealed later down the track when the judge orders the evidence to be presented, from both sides
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 71,005 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    You should read any other CEL threads, and see how to defend so that they discontinue/ Search this forum (ADVANCED search, and change bottom left to ''show posts'') for :

CEL discontinuance

That will give you loads of threads with the same sort of defence on that works every time.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Feb 18, 11:28 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:28 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:28 AM
    Please watch this and complain robustly to your MP.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Their usual practice is to cancel the claim on the court steps, having put their victim through the ringer. one of the early speakers mentioned this. It is time they were cancelled.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,155Posts Today

7,884Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin