Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zunky
    • By zunky 1st Feb 18, 1:50 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    zunky
    Post Office Easy Access Savings
    • 1st Feb 18, 1:50 PM
    Post Office Easy Access Savings 1st Feb 18 at 1:50 PM
    I opened an account on 3 January using the one offdirect debit facility to make an initial deposit of 500. By 11 January nothing had been taken so I closed the account intending to invest elsewhere. Got an email saying my money would be refunded within a day. When I checked my Nationwide account a day later (12January) I saw Post Office had actually taken the 500 that day, a day after the account had been closed! No refund. I have phoned Ireland four times since then. Long holding on each time. Each time being promised that my 500 would be refunded within 5 days, then 10 days...Today, 1 February I received a letter saying the amount had been paid to me by cheque. No cheque enclosed!
Page 2
    • badger09
    • By badger09 8th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    • 5,944 Posts
    • 5,283 Thanks
    badger09
    Tesco seem to be paying 0.4%

I read as much info as I could before opening and it didn't state money can only be paid in from nominated ac. Whereas it does say withdrawals are made to nominated ac.
    Originally posted by zilla6
    Not sure what you're looking at re Tesco

https://www.tescobank.com/savings/flexible/
    • hoc
    • By hoc 8th Feb 18, 11:52 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    hoc
    Post Office does not truly offer easy access accounts. "Post Office Easy Access" is effectively a 30 day notice account because you inevitably have to write them a letter to get your money. Learned this the hard way, there are endless threads but unfortunately many still make the mistake of opening an account with Post Office.
    • zilla6
    • By zilla6 9th Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    zilla6
    Not sure what you're looking at re Tesco

https://www.tescobank.com/savings/flexible/
    Originally posted by badger09
    Thanks Badger. I was looking at the instant access savings at 0.4%, so thanks for pointing out the internet saver at 1.3%.
    • metrobus
    • By metrobus 11th Feb 18, 11:00 PM
    • 1,400 Posts
    • 725 Thanks
    metrobus
    Post Office does not truly offer easy access accounts. "Post Office Easy Access" is effectively a 30 day notice account because you inevitably have to write them a letter to get your money. Learned this the hard way, there are endless threads but unfortunately many still make the mistake of opening an account with Post Office.
    Originally posted by hoc
    Why can t you withdraw to your nominated account?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 5,944 Posts
    • 5,283 Thanks
    badger09
    Why can t you withdraw to your nominated account?
    Originally posted by metrobus
    There are multiple threads regarding problems withdrawing to the nominated account. Different error messages, accounts being locked, unavailable/unhelpful CS reps etc etc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,409Posts Today

7,862Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin