Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CanadianDream
    • By CanadianDream 31st Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    CanadianDream
    0 WOW
    Flymble legit?
    • 31st Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    0 WOW
    Flymble legit? 31st Jan 18 at 10:09 PM
    Hello all,

Has anyone used Flymble? It's a new start-up company that basically offers flights on finance.

I've been looking at their site and thinking about using them for my next holiday.
    Currently saving £4k until September 2018 for Canada working holiday - £51.69/£4000
Page 1
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 1st Feb 18, 1:18 AM
    • 4,159 Posts
    • 10,583 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 1st Feb 18, 1:18 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 1:18 AM
    If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 1st Feb 18, 5:12 AM
    • 8,318 Posts
    • 10,671 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:12 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 5:12 AM
    A 0% credit card will smash their 17% "service fee".

Booking flight and hotel with BA Holidays or other travel companies will also work out cheaper.

Gimmick. Pricey. Use alternatives or just save up.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 2nd Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    • 3,110 Posts
    • 1,564 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 2nd Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    • 2nd Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    It appears bookings are made through Kiwi.com, so I would certainly check out the reviews for them before going any further. Nearly all the Trustpilot reviews appear to have been done on a single day last November which is very suspicious.......
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 16th Sep 18, 12:05 AM
    • 523 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    stevie11
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:05 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:05 AM
    I had read about this company or maybe a similar company previously but not taken much notice at the time.

Anyway as this thread came up I thought I would try a dummy booking. I usually check google flights for price comparison so here goes:

Random search and dates 8 to 17 Dec LHR to LAX cheapest fare on Flymble with down payment and service charge etc with Finnair £492.57. Price is Hand luggage only so extra for hold luggage.

So onto Google flights same search and same flights booking direct with Finnair with hand luggage only is currently £339.31. So a saving of over £150.

The same fare booked with Kiwi.com was £350.

I don't know if flymble use live pricing which could make a difference with the pricing.

Apart from normally booking direct with the airline, this type of service is not for me but it may suit some people. Down to individual circumstances I suppose.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Sep 18, 5:46 AM
    • 11,550 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 16th Sep 18, 5:46 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 5:46 AM
    1. Correct, bookings are made through our travel partner Kiwi.com. They provide good customer service, a broad range of flights and low prices. You can find their reviews on Trustpilot, there are about 20000 of them.
    Originally posted by Henry Wynaendts
    that is unfortunate as kiwi must be one of the most complained about third parties. The 'good' Trustpilot reviews are questionable
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k9928727-Kiwi_com-Air_Travel.html
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k11942353-Beware_of_Kiwi_com_and_fake_reviews-Air_Travel.html
    • photome
    • By photome 16th Sep 18, 7:57 AM
    • 13,583 Posts
    • 9,090 Thanks
    photome
    • 16th Sep 18, 7:57 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 7:57 AM
    Donít believe anything you read on trustpilot, the site allows companyís to remove any review they donít like
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Sep 18, 9:21 AM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:21 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:21 AM
    Hi there, Henry.
    Just wondering if you've followed MSE rules and have obtained 'right of reply'?

Here's what it says:
    Companies posting on the forum

• What's a verified user?
      Verified users are spokespeople for their company. This status is granted entirely at MoneySavingExpert's discretion, following checks, where a company can help answer forum users' questions.
      Which type of companies and organisations are allowed?

We generally limit this to household names with large customer numbers, companies that have been mentioned in the MoneySavingExpert content, or non-profit agencies we have a relationship with.
      What can verified users post about?

Verified users may reply to forum users' posts without advertising. If they promote their products (or it looks as though they've had questions from others drafted to elicit such a response, which is illegal) please report them using the report button. An exception to this is the small number of consumer and debt help groups who help answer questions.
      How do I spot a verified user?

A verified account will have a blue tick showing they've been verified and a standard signature clarifying who they are. This doesn't mean MSE endorses its products or services. See the Verified users list. Any posts by companies or organisations not verified will be removed when reported.
      Verified accounts can't send private messages

Verified accounts don't have the facility to send or receive PMs.
      If they need to ask site users for personal details, they can include a special customer service email address in their profile page and refer to the fact it's there in their posts. They're not permitted to post it on the open forum.
      This rule prevents companies touting for business through PMs and ensures forum members actively seek out a companyís contact details.
      Want a verified account?

If you work for a qualifying company and are in a position to represent it (we'll require official confirmation) please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com from your company domain.
      Want to respond to what's written about your company but don't have a verified account?

Please see How can my company get a right of reply? below.
    • How can my company get a right of reply?
      If you're from a company, have seen a post you feel is misleading or offensive, and would like the right of reply, please click the report button on the post or email the Forum Team with a full explanation: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
      A member of the MSE Team will check you're authorised to represent that company.
      Provided you have the authority, you may either be asked to give a statement, which one of the MSE Team will post on your behalf, or be given permission to post directly on the specific thread.
      Where permission has been given for you to post directly on a thread, a note from the MSE Team will appear below confirming this.
      If someone has posted claiming to be from a company but the MSE Team has not posted below confirming they're authorised please use the report button or email the link to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
      There's one exception: companies offering a discount code for MoneySavers can post it, once only, in the Great Want to Offer MoneySavers a Discount? Hunt and nowhere else on the Forum.
    I suggest you contact MSE before your post gets reported and removed.

As for this:

1. Correct, bookings are made through our travel partner Kiwi.com. They provide good customer service, a broad range of flights and low prices. You can find their reviews on Trustpilot, there are about 20000 of them.
    Originally posted by Henry Wynaendts
    mention of KIWI.com would be enough to have me running for the hills with my credit card safely out of reach.

"good customer service"?
    Have you any idea how many negative posts there are about KIWI on Tripadvisor?
    • richardw
    • By richardw 16th Sep 18, 10:14 AM
    • 18,800 Posts
    • 7,893 Thanks
    richardw
    • 16th Sep 18, 10:14 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 10:14 AM
    Partnering with kiwi.com is definitely worth avoiding.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 16th Sep 18, 10:14 AM
    • 523 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    stevie11
    They certainly do have a lot of poor reviews although many of the OTA's do also. I still say booking direct with the airline gives you the best protection and service especially if things go wrong i.mo.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Sep 18, 10:31 AM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    They certainly do have a lot of poor reviews although many of the OTA's do also. I still say booking direct with the airline gives you the best protection and service especially if things go wrong i.mo.
    Originally posted by stevie11
    Or if you simply want to make a change to your booking.
    Putting a 3rd party between you and the airline is - imho - a bad idea.
    • Flymble
      Verified User verified user
    • By Flymble Verified User verified user 28th Sep 18, 7:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flymble
    Flymble reviews
    It appears bookings are made through Kiwi.com, so I would certainly check out the reviews for them before going any further. Nearly all the Trustpilot reviews appear to have been done on a single day last November which is very suspicious.......
    Originally posted by Alan Bowen
    Hi Alan,

Henry here, one of the co-founders of Flymble. I would like to address your point. The sudden spike in reviews from November was mainly caused by the fact that we invited our customers to give us feedback that day. I hope that clears things. Happy to chat further!

Best regards,
    Henry
    Last edited by Flymble; 28-09-2018 at 8:49 PM.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Flymble. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Flymble
    • By Flymble Verified User verified user 28th Sep 18, 8:02 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flymble
    Flymble pricing
    I had read about this company or maybe a similar company previously but not taken much notice at the time.

Anyway as this thread came up I thought I would try a dummy booking. I usually check google flights for price comparison so here goes:

Random search and dates 8 to 17 Dec LHR to LAX cheapest fare on Flymble with down payment and service charge etc with Finnair £492.57. Price is Hand luggage only so extra for hold luggage.

So onto Google flights same search and same flights booking direct with Finnair with hand luggage only is currently £339.31. So a saving of over £150.

The same fare booked with Kiwi.com was £350.

I don't know if flymble use live pricing which could make a difference with the pricing.

Apart from normally booking direct with the airline, this type of service is not for me but it may suit some people. Down to individual circumstances I suppose.
    Originally posted by stevie11
    Hi Stevie,

Thanks for pointing that out. We do indeed use live pricing, but these prices are given by the Kiwi.com API. These prices are updated less frequently than the prices on their website. Also these prices are (slightly) higher than their website prices. Therefore it can sometimes happen that prices seem (a lot) more expensive on our website. They are aware of this issue and are working on it. The total price we display includes our credit partners' service fee of 17% (based on a 10 month plan). Important to note is that our credit partner (FlyNowPayLater) performs a credit check, meaning not all customers will be accepted credit. They believe one should only take credit if they can manage to pay it back. Furthermore, our aim is not to sell expensive flights to everybody, but rather to help specific users when they really need a flight but simply can't afford one. Think of weddings, family related matters or honeymoons. We clearly show our prices to make sure no surprises can occur. Let me know if you have any further feedback!
    Last edited by Flymble; 28-09-2018 at 8:50 PM.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Flymble. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Flymble
    • By Flymble Verified User verified user 28th Sep 18, 8:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flymble
    Trustpilot
    Don’t believe anything you read on trustpilot, the site allows company’s to remove any review they don’t like
    Originally posted by photome

Hi there,

If I may respond to your point, no, Trustpilot does not allow companies to remove reviews. However, anyone - businesses and consumers - can flag a review if they think it violates their guidelines. Their Compliance Team will then investigate the review. Only if they agree, the review will be deleted. Please refer to their FAQ page if you are uncertain.
    Last edited by Flymble; 28-09-2018 at 8:54 PM. Reason: information missing
    Verified Company
    • Flymble
    • By Flymble Verified User verified user 28th Sep 18, 8:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Flymble
    Kiwi reviews
    that is unfortunate as kiwi must be one of the most complained about third parties. The 'good' Trustpilot reviews are questionable
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k9928727-Kiwi_com-Air_Travel.html
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k11942353-Beware_of_Kiwi_com_and_fake_reviews-Air_Travel.html
    Originally posted by Caz3121

Hi Caz,

Sorry to hear your thoughts about Kiwi.com. Apart from the fact that they offer competitive pricing and a broad range of flights, we only rarely encounter an issue with them. We have already been partners for 2 years. I have however checked their reviews on Trustpilot and Tripadvisor, and it does seem that there are multiple negative reviews. It seems to be mostly regarding the issuance of refunds. I have sent an email to one of their employees asking if they can look into the issue. I hope this will help to prevent further issues with Kiwi and their customers.
    Last edited by Flymble; 28-09-2018 at 8:51 PM.
    Verified Company
    • photome
    • By photome 28th Sep 18, 9:26 PM
    • 13,583 Posts
    • 9,090 Thanks
    photome
    Hi there,

If I may respond to your point, no, Trustpilot does not allow companies to remove reviews. However, anyone - businesses and consumers - can flag a review if they think it violates their guidelines. Their Compliance Team will then investigate the review. Only if they agree, the review will be deleted. Please refer to their FAQ page if you are uncertain.
    Originally posted by Flymble
    I am not uncertain. There are many instances where companies have removed reviews that they didnít like.
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 28th Sep 18, 10:49 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    stevie11
    Hi Stevie,

Thanks for pointing that out. We do indeed use live pricing, but these prices are given by the Kiwi.com API. These prices are updated less frequently than the prices on their website. Also these prices are (slightly) higher than their website prices. Therefore it can sometimes happen that prices seem (a lot) more expensive on our website. They are aware of this issue and are working on it. The total price we display includes our credit partners' service fee of 17% (based on a 10 month plan). Important to note is that our credit partner (FlyNowPayLater) performs a credit check, meaning not all customers will be accepted credit. They believe one should only take credit if they can manage to pay it back. Furthermore, our aim is not to sell expensive flights to everybody, but rather to help specific users when they really need a flight but simply can't afford one. Think of weddings, family related matters or honeymoons. We clearly show our prices to make sure no surprises can occur. Let me know if you have any further feedback!

Seems a very convoluted method to purchase a flight i.mo.

So if your price hasn't been updated by Kiwi are you going to inform the customer that the actual live price is lower?

With the example I gave earlier the customer either has a poor credit history not being able to purchase flights in the normal way and possibly save £100s by doing so or just be naÔve. Therefore is your business plan to increase the price and take advantage of those with poorer credit, who want to pay it off on the 'never never'?

Or am I getting this totally wrong?
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 28th Sep 18, 11:38 PM
    • 5,750 Posts
    • 3,696 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    if those with poor credit cant access the service, then there really isnt much point IMO.
    Anyone with good credit could bypass yourself and Kiwi, search the market, book direct at a lower rate via credit cards/loans etc.
    There probably is a market for for those with poor credit though
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 29th Sep 18, 8:00 AM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Hi Caz,

Sorry to hear your thoughts about Kiwi.com. Apart from the fact that they offer competitive pricing and a broad range of flights, we only rarely encounter an issue with them. We have already been partners for 2 years. I have however checked their reviews on Trustpilot and Tripadvisor, and it does seem that there are multiple negative reviews. It seems to be mostly regarding the issuance of refunds. I have sent an email to one of their employees asking if they can look into the issue. I hope this will help to prevent further issues with Kiwi and their customers.
    Hi Henry
    It's not just Caz's thoughts about KIWI.com.
    There are threads about this company on the Air Travel board of Tripadvisor that run into thousands of posts. One thread runs to 130 pages!

The most commonly used word is 'avoid...'.
    • cubegame
    • By cubegame 29th Sep 18, 8:21 AM
    • 1,560 Posts
    • 807 Thanks
    cubegame
    One might suggest that those who need to put a flight on credit probably can't afford to travel to their chosen destination and need to re-evaluate their options.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,590Posts Today

8,083Users online

Martin's Twitter