Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 31st Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 23,798Posts
    • 155,147Thanks
    Aesop
    ~Make upto £10 a day February 2018~
    • 31st Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    ~Make upto £10 a day February 2018~ 31st Jan 18 at 9:54 PM
    Hello and welcome everybody

This is the 126th month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. A link here to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it, lynnejk and ALL posters, for helping us to keep the thread going. Thanks to previous challengers who used to run this thread too, Rawdinosaur, Emmaglet, Nat21luv, Monkeynut, Sweetpeas, Purpleroses, JesaRose, MizMir.

I have decided to rename this challenge as reading posts, it seems to put people off thinking they HAVE TO make £10 a day.

You don't.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra £10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of £1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to £5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for £10 a day. It really is entirely upto you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added:
    Wages from your main job

What can be added:
    Overtime
    Income from a second job
    Daily clicks
    Interest
    Vouchers
    Mystery shopping
    And much, much more.

This board moves pretty quickly, so be sure to subscribe and read it regularly.

Link to previous thread.

So who wants to kick 2018 into a financially working for you year?

Join this challenge and let's make those bank accounts fat, mortgages paid off, holidays paid off, savings account grow fatter, debts paid off and much much more!!!
    Last edited by Aesop; 27-02-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Make £10 a day March 2018 £40.38

January - £
    February - £

Page 6
    • nursebear83
    • By nursebear83 5th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    nursebear83
    Forgot to update yesterdayís total of
    64p Qmee
    0.12 citizen me
    16.32 ebay (after fees)

Today Iíve mad
    5.18 ebay (after fees)
    60p Qmee

Desperately trying to get my debts in order. First of all I need to find out what I owe and who too!
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 23,798 Posts
    • 155,147 Thanks
    Aesop
    64p Qmee
    0.12 citizen me
    16.32 ebay (after fees)

Today Iíve mad
    5.18 ebay (after fees)
    60p Qmee

Desperately trying to get my debts in order. First of all I need to find out what I owe and who too!
    Originally posted by nursebear83
    you can check your credit file to see who is owed. not everything shows on there like council tax, but the main ones like credit cards, overdraft, phone bills, utilities, etc.

I recommend experian you pay £2 for a one off credit report. I don't like noddle and the other free one everyone recommends. They are funded and provide information to debt buying companies.

I can help you with some things if you want to pm me. I admin on a debt group on facebook. things like the water bills, certain people are entitled to things depending on their water provider and don't realise. The council has a fund for council tax and housing benefit, it's discretionary but can help.etc.

PM me if you want.

January - £
    February - £

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 23,798 Posts
    • 155,147 Thanks
    Aesop
    Original target???? Oh no.... Seriously I need to push past the reluctance to start ebaying but not quite managed it. OH has some golf clubs - used once I want to sell - a 40th birthday present. I have brand new archery kit - again kind of used once. Considering selling a limited edition print but would on get 40% of what we paid for it so OH not keen. But a) I don't know where to start and b) I don't know how I would even post them if they sold. I also have hand decorated items I want to sell - and someone at work said they would buy one for £12 but in practice they haven't so I am a bit gutted.... I was hoping that it would be the first of many and boost my confidence in my new craft sideline
    Originally posted by savingholmes
    you could try ebay collection only for golf clubs and archery kit. Take advantage of the days they have sell and only pay £3 for your sale or £1 etc.

My client who I do admin work for, was looking for encyclopedia britannica for his dresser to display. went on ebay someone selling perfect condition set for £20 collection only. They are in another county but at that price he was happy to drive and collect them.

have you looked at etsy for your hand decorated items? are you on facebook? how about setting up a page for your items. a lot of businesses do that. I have bought things off facebook pages where someone has set up their business. less overheads.

January - £
    February - £

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Feb 18, 9:46 PM
    • 23,798 Posts
    • 155,147 Thanks
    Aesop
    There is a new swago board today too. It is one of the easy 'shopping' ones
    Originally posted by shariann
    thanks forgot to post about this.

some bits aren't working but don't panic, swagbucks are fixing them and you will be able to submit soon.

January - £
    February - £

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Feb 18, 9:47 PM
    • 23,798 Posts
    • 155,147 Thanks
    Aesop
    OK.. finally got there and declaring £608.10 for Jan!

Feb so far I have:
    Citizenme 22p
    Curious Cat £4
    MB £49.57
    Interest £1.41
    Originally posted by QueenJess
    how much? that's amazing well done!!!

January - £
    February - £

• lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 5th Feb 18, 10:38 PM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,181 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening folks

Big, squishy hugs Shariann

Pleased to read things seem to be settling down for you Jess, with your return to work and the baby. It will get easier as you get into a new routine

Thanks for all the info Aesop - as usual you're an

Congrats to all those making monies and hope it all goes well for you all for the rest of the month

I've a £9 MOC and £4.10 saved from using the 10p off a litre from Mr T from my order this week. Mind you, they didn't take off the MOC on my invoice and I had to 'phone them to get it sorted. So something else to keep an eye on in the future

Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • Talia1
    • By Talia1 5th Feb 18, 10:51 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    Talia1
    Oops forgot to join February's challenge.
    Please add my in for this month please Lynne, Aesop thanks for your oncoming help and Shariann for the totals.
    Going for £10 a day.
    £10 a day 2018 Jan-March £1423.69 April 0/£300
    £10 a day 2017 £3967.07
    • Milly-Ann-Molly
    • By Milly-Ann-Molly 5th Feb 18, 11:06 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 4,679 Thanks
    Milly-Ann-Molly
    A random day where I did not get much done! Ds1 came home sick from school and halted my eB@y plans

Still managed a few sales...

£6.56 eB@y sale (sent to cc)
    £1.53 cash found in an old money box (added to my sealed pot challenge 2018)
    £13.32 eB@y sale (sent to cc)
    £3.66 amaz@n sale
    £5 M0rris0ns voucher due (from a failure to print that I had to ring up about... )
    £24.78 eb@y sales (sent to cc)

Feb 5th update + £54.85 = £483.80 / £560

I managed to reduce my cc limit by another £150

Hugs to everyone that needs one and good luck to all the moneymakers
    See you tomorrow x

Make £/day: £2529.71 / £930
    Quidco £2,182.78 NSD May: 3
    SPC 2018#037 frugal 2018 #41
    Pay off CC 2018 #28 (100% paid cc#1 / 100% paid cc#2) 2018 Road Kill £3.31
    Nectar £39.12 Tesco £10.50 Boots £10.18 Morrisons £10
    • cufc_mike
    • By cufc_mike 5th Feb 18, 11:47 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 3,123 Thanks
    cufc_mike
    Thanks for the tips about TCB and Swago, I shall go and take a look now. I like easy Swago's!!

Had some good news today. My wife is on maternity leave at the moment, due to return to work in June, but she desperately wants out of her current job. Her role changed drastically the first time she returned to work after maternity. I said at the time she should have asked for redundancy. Anyway, I spoke with a recruitment company that I provide IT support for on Wednesday, we supplied them with my wife's CV on Thursday. They had an interview lined up for her on Friday, and this afternoon received a phone call offering her the job. All very rushed, but fantastic news for her. She's a little reluctant, because she wanted longer off with the baby - he's only 5 months old at the moment, but my (our) concern is that she hands her notice in at her current job (she definitely isn't going back there, regardless) and then ends up out of a job for a few months...or worse longer! I don't want to pressure her into a decision, but financially we could not cope on just one wage and I think she understands and accepts this. Plus the job offer is doing something she loves, and it sounds like there is genuine opportunity for good promotions in the future. Only issue now is that she has to give 3 months notice (although still has 4 months left maternity leave). I'm hoping the ML will work in her favour, and allow her to quit earlier.

More advice needed on that. We phoned ACAS this evening but they weren't overly helpful unfortunately. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I'm so pleased for her though. She used to love her job, but pretty much got driven into a completely different role when returning part-time after maternity leave with our 4 yr old, and the way she was treated at the time was disgusting.

£47.22 matched betting for me today.
    Make £500 May Challenge: £738.36 / £500 -> My Matched Betting Blog
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 6th Feb 18, 12:03 AM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,181 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Oops forgot to join February's challenge.
    Please add my in for this month please Lynne, Aesop thanks for your oncoming help and Shariann for the totals.
    Going for £10 a day.
    Originally posted by Talia1
    Hiya. I've added your name to the list of challengers and good luck with the challenge

Thanks for the tips about TCB and Swago, I shall go and take a look now. I like easy Swago's!!

Had some good news today. My wife is on maternity leave at the moment, due to return to work in June, but she desperately wants out of her current job. Her role changed drastically the first time she returned to work after maternity. I said at the time she should have asked for redundancy. Anyway, I spoke with a recruitment company that I provide IT support for on Wednesday, we supplied them with my wife's CV on Thursday. They had an interview lined up for her on Friday, and this afternoon received a phone call offering her the job. All very rushed, but fantastic news for her. She's a little reluctant, because she wanted longer off with the baby - he's only 5 months old at the moment, but my (our) concern is that she hands her notice in at her current job (she definitely isn't going back there, regardless) and then ends up out of a job for a few months...or worse longer! I don't want to pressure her into a decision, but financially we could not cope on just one wage and I think she understands and accepts this. Plus the job offer is doing something she loves, and it sounds like there is genuine opportunity for good promotions in the future. Only issue now is that she has to give 3 months notice (although still has 4 months left maternity leave). I'm hoping the ML will work in her favour, and allow her to quit earlier.

More advice needed on that. We phoned ACAS this evening but they weren't overly helpful unfortunately. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I'm so pleased for her though. She used to love her job, but pretty much got driven into a completely different role when returning part-time after maternity leave with our 4 yr old, and the way she was treated at the time was disgusting.

£47.22 matched betting for me today.
    Originally posted by cufc_mike
    Sounds brilliant ! Hope it all works out for you and your wife fingers xd
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • savingholmes
    • By savingholmes 6th Feb 18, 7:07 AM
    • 8,955 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    savingholmes
    you could try ebay collection only for golf clubs and archery kit. Take advantage of the days they have sell and only pay £3 for your sale or £1 etc.

My client who I do admin work for, was looking for encyclopedia britannica for his dresser to display. went on ebay someone selling perfect condition set for £20 collection only. They are in another county but at that price he was happy to drive and collect them.

have you looked at etsy for your hand decorated items? are you on facebook? how about setting up a page for your items. a lot of businesses do that. I have bought things off facebook pages where someone has set up their business. less overheads.
    Originally posted by Aesop
    I intend to look at those selling avenues but keep putting it off.... I am partly on here to break through that barrier. I think I may ask one of my neighbours for help. She is good at Ebay and would help me get going. The potential problem with collection only listings is apparently you are likely to get significantly less money according to Ebay than if you offer postage. I think I should still investigate couriers even if I also offer a collection option. Perhaps I should start by advertising the bigger items on Facebook locally. I did make one step - I joined a local Facebook buy and sell group... Now I need to just list something.
    Today is a new day £93/310 £10 a day Mar Challenge DFD August 2021
    • savingholmes
    • By savingholmes 6th Feb 18, 7:15 AM
    • 8,955 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    savingholmes
    Originally posted by nursebear83
    Can you join the MSE Credit Club for free - they give you a free credit report every month?
    Today is a new day £93/310 £10 a day Mar Challenge DFD August 2021
    • bloomfelt
    • By bloomfelt 6th Feb 18, 8:21 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    bloomfelt
    sorry not much time for posting today. I have a new admin client who I do admin work for and due to parking restrictions outside my house, he has left me with work to do for him. He pays well though

I came on to say those signed upto Topcashback and Quidco, 2 new games started today.

If you are not already signed up, head over to the referral board and choose someone's referral to sign up and don't forget to leave your own.

don't forget to opt in to both games.

Today's answer on TCB is Ernest Jones

Today's answers on quidco are Littlewoods and Asda.

non referral link for quidco

https://www.quidco.com/home/

non referral link for topcashback

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/

We aren't allowed to post referrals on this thread, there is a dedicated referral board on MSE for this.
    Originally posted by Aesop
    Thanks Aesop - I wont add it in till it pays out but I just won £5

Todays clues are - quidco H Samuel & House of Fraser
    TCB - M&MDirect
    £10 a day April £81.94/£300
    £10 a day £2018 £8917.52
    • bloomfelt
    • By bloomfelt 6th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    bloomfelt
    Another £10 to add in from yesterday - £5 SB & my first £5 payout from VYPR
    £10 a day April £81.94/£300
    £10 a day £2018 £8917.52
    • A Random Man
    • By A Random Man 6th Feb 18, 12:25 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    A Random Man
    I made £25 from eBay sales yesterday and £10 from matched betting
    Total Debt 1st Jan £13100/£11423.30 (12.79% Paid)
    Make £10 A Day In April (Matched Betting) £750/£190.87
    Make £10 A Day In April (eBay) £300/£1.85
    Payment A Day total: £444.19
    Halifax Credit Card, Tesco Credit Card, Barclaycard, Hitachi Loan
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 6th Feb 18, 10:24 PM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 12,940 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    £1 from instagc and £12 tips from last couple of days.
    Make £10 a day challenge 2018 Jan/£163.14/Feb £116.10/March £5,060.77/April £160.28/May £124.83
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1780.35 miles
    Walk 2018 miles in 2018...679.74 miles
    Mortgage...£47,070£46,092
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 6th Feb 18, 10:30 PM
    • 23,798 Posts
    • 155,147 Thanks
    Aesop
    Thanks Aesop - I wont add it in till it pays out but I just won £5

Todays clues are - quidco H Samuel & House of Fraser
    TCB - M&MDirect
    Originally posted by bloomfelt
    yay well done

thanks for posting, I forgot to do that today!

January - £
    February - £

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 6th Feb 18, 10:36 PM
    • 23,798 Posts
    • 155,147 Thanks
    Aesop
    The potential problem with collection only listings is apparently you are likely to get significantly less money according to Ebay than if you offer postage.

Perhaps I should start by advertising the bigger items on Facebook locally. I did make one step - I joined a local Facebook buy and sell group... Now I need to just list something.
    Originally posted by savingholmes
    yes of course ebay is going to tell you, you will make less money via collection only. You know why? because they and paypal get no extra money for collection only.... they make money on postage fees....

well done on joining your first buy and sell group

don't be put off by comments on your posts when you list something. It's the internet, you will always get strange people. Also be firm, if you want a set price for your item, don't accept less because people are begging. Remember it is your time that costs making these things, and should definitely be factored in.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

January - £
    February - £

• cufc_mike
    • By cufc_mike 6th Feb 18, 10:53 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 3,123 Thanks
    cufc_mike
    £49.60 matched betting today
    Make £500 May Challenge: £738.36 / £500 -> My Matched Betting Blog
    • A Random Man
    • By A Random Man 6th Feb 18, 11:11 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    A Random Man
    Evening everyone, quite night for me made £22.86 in matched betting
    Total Debt 1st Jan £13100/£11423.30 (12.79% Paid)
    Make £10 A Day In April (Matched Betting) £750/£190.87
    Make £10 A Day In April (eBay) £300/£1.85
    Payment A Day total: £444.19
    Halifax Credit Card, Tesco Credit Card, Barclaycard, Hitachi Loan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin