Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rbeck3137
    • By Rbeck3137 31st Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Rbeck3137
    0 WOW
    Where can I buy a bed base?
    • 31st Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    0 WOW
    Where can I buy a bed base? 31st Jan 18 at 9:51 PM
    I can see lots of places to buy headboards, but were are all the bases to go with?? Since I have a headboard already I am trying to find a relatively simple, sturdy, economical base - there are hardly any around! I am being fairly specific in what I am looking for but even so the choice out there is limited. Am I being silly here, but given the number of headboards around I would have thought an equal number of bases!! I've looked in all th normal places but am stumped!!
Page 1
    • NCC-1707
    • By NCC-1707 31st Jan 18, 11:09 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 251 Thanks
    NCC-1707
    • 31st Jan 18, 11:09 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 11:09 PM
    Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/home-and-garden/bedroom-furniture/beds/c:29865/
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 31st Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    • 11,047 Posts
    • 29,446 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 31st Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    Dreams and any other bed store

Mattresses and bases are sold separately
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 1st Feb 18, 3:33 AM
    • 12,396 Posts
    • 11,628 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:33 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 3:33 AM
    OP, what's your budget?
    John Lewis sell them for anything up to the 2K mark, Ikea have them from around the 100 mark and ebay you can pick them up for anything depending on how much effort you are prepared to put in to seek out what you want, stalk it and then collect it (or arrange delivery). What you get often is related to what you pay for but there are sometimes things that go against that so if possible; go and look first.

Also- try to think about what you want from a base; do you need it to store things? Do you need it to fit into a specific area? Does the way you access the storage need to be thought about? (Eg is the bed going to be against two walls meaning draws cannot be on those sides, does an ottoman bed work out better?...)does the colour matter? Do you want something that matches the headboard?
    Once you have a set of ideals it should help you locate something; eg searching for a wooden bed base or a blue fabric covered divan bed base...etc.

Also; check where you bought the headboard from- they're more likely to sell a base which matches the headboard if this matters to you.
    • Rbeck3137
    • By Rbeck3137 1st Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rbeck3137
    • 1st Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    Thank you for all yours suggestion. I had checked Argos but did look again and can confirm ( after 13 pages!) They all have headboards! I'll take a look at Dreams, thank you. Just to clarify is is simply the bed base (not frame, etc) that I am looking for. I did look into the couple of options on Google at Wayfair but they turned out to be sold out! I feel I am being daft in not finding anything!
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 1st Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    • 824 Posts
    • 754 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:49 AM
    Here is a person who went on the internet, didnt do a 'bed base' search on Google but instead used an internet forum.....
    • Rbeck3137
    • By Rbeck3137 1st Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rbeck3137
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    Sorry? I don't understand?
    • Dox
    • By Dox 1st Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 515 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Dox
    • 1st Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    Here is a person who went on the internet, didnt do a 'bed base' search on Google but instead used an internet forum.....
    Originally posted by NineDeuce
    ...and that helps OP how....?
    • cajef
    • By cajef 1st Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 4,744 Posts
    • 3,787 Thanks
    cajef
    • 1st Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    Sorry? I don't understand?
    Originally posted by Rbeck3137
    They mean put 'bed base' into Google, plenty options come up.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • Rbeck3137
    • By Rbeck3137 1st Feb 18, 2:44 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rbeck3137
    Thank you Dox. I don't ask questions on here very often and previously people have been very kind so was quite surprised by that response - especially as I have also said I googled it.

I didnt want to bore people with all the different searches I had tried but came on here in case anyone had some help. Thank you to those who took the time to try and help, and sorry for your time I have taken to those who didn't.
    • Sharry66
    • By Sharry66 2nd Feb 18, 6:56 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Sharry66
    Just go to the amazon.co.uk, you can find what you want.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Feb 18, 1:37 PM
    • 13,082 Posts
    • 41,322 Thanks
    sarah1972
    A google search for divan bases brings up 100's of results

https://www.dreams.co.uk/beds/divan-bases

https://www.divanbasedirect.co.uk/collections/divan-bases?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpDL3ayH2QIVzLDtCh0OhQ4cEA AYASAAEgLR3fD_BwE

https://www.buttonandsprung.com/upholstered-beds/luxury-divan-base/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrpDL3ayH2QIVzLDtCh0OhQ4cEAAYAiA AEgKjYPD_BwE
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Rbeck3137
    • By Rbeck3137 2nd Feb 18, 2:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rbeck3137
    Thank you for everyone's help, this is now sorted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,695Posts Today

7,495Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin