Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 31st Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 4,737Posts
    • 47,173Thanks
    mcculloch29
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Feb. 2018
    • 31st Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Feb. 2018 31st Jan 18 at 6:50 PM
    Here we go again for another month. As usual this initial post has been shamelessly copied from the many previous months. A big thank you to sstevo19 for starting us off last month.

Welcome all newbies and regulars to this very friendly and chatty thread where we give lots of lovely tips on how to use up your stash and lots of support and encouragement if you need them.

Keep up the pampering and keep down the spending: let!!!8217;s make the naughty step an empty and lonely place this month (rather than one so long that it can be seen from space)! Will this be the month when the "usual suspects" rein it in a bit? Let's see..... (but I doubt it!)

Remember - those products do nothing for you while they are stashed in drawers, boxes and cupboards!

We are eternally grateful to Katie Clampet who set up this fab challenge in January 2010. Here's her original challenge post:

"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc... until I have used up ALL the ones I already have. I got a huge amount of (really nice) stuff for Christmas but I am going to resist the urge to browse Boots, Asda, Superdrug etc, and pop another tub of cream, face scrub, shampoo or conditioner into my basket. I reckon the stuff I have will last me until possibly June. I have decided that the money I save I will put into my special holiday account. Anyone else?"

Lots of us have taken part in the challenge over the past few months (and some of us even years!!) and are making great progress in reducing our stashes and unnecessary/excessive spending.

Regulars can ignore this, but a quick resume is always helpful for newbies:

Why not add the challenge to your signature as a reminder?

How about taking a bit of time to do a stock-take and see if there are any gaps in your stash that you might need to spend on this month? Some of us set a budget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawal symptoms, others like to go cold-turkey!! Other ideas which some people find useful: Listing everything out so you can cross things off as used to increase the sense of achievement, and putting a sum of money in a pot each time you use up an item to save for something you really want, or simply to assist in making future essential purchases "cash neutral".

Remember the challenge is about making the most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products really suit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pampering and breaking the habit of buying for the sake of buying. In money-saving tradition, it should also be about making your products l-a-s-t as long as possible (although the temptation of using an unloved shower gel extravagantly to finish it off is sometimes too much to bear!).

Brand new products (or opened perfume) sell well on eBay.

Unsuitable products can be repurposed and used for other jobs (shower gel/shampoo as handwash etc).

Some items can be returned to certain stores for exchange (for essential items or gifts!!) without a receipt.

Unwanted items can be recycled as gifts or for gift hampers (saving the money you'd have spent on gifts).

Unsuitable items can be donated to charity or a local women's refuge as mentioned earlier

It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks for you; be it QVC, Boots, Body Shop, email newsletter, the supermarket toiletries aisles, Grabbit board, online toiletries browsing, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc. Remember retailers are making offers and promotions all the time, so there will always be another deal! Honest!

Good luck all for February 2018 and indeed the coming months, and remember to keep your stash lists updated, keep popping in for inspiration and support and to report your UU's and IN's, especially any sales bargains - we want a nosy!

Welcome to all newbies - the more the merrier. Please introduce yourselves so we can welcome you properly! Do de-lurk if you are lurking, this is one of the friendliest threads on MSE.

Oh - and anyone thinking "OMG my stash is FAR bigger than all of theirs, I cant possibly join" - believe you me, we have been doing this challenge for well over a year some of us - you wont scare us, and I can almost guarantee that someone somewhere will have had more and survived.... we are very supportive (and protective - so don't be scared!!) oh - and did we mention that are nosy??!!

Useful abbreviations and jargon!

WBA - Will Buy Again
    UU - Use Ups
    IN - Self explanatory - stuff you've gained into your stash - warning: lines may be given out for unnecessary purchases or you may be sent to the naughty step!
    NBI - A non-bought item such as a present, gift with purchase or free sample
    WNBA - Will Not Buy Again!
    Glitch - when a shop/online store make a pricing mistake so you end up paying less or even get freebies!
    PYN(M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su) DELETE AS APPROPRIATE! - Paint Your Nails Monday/Tuesday...... it allows everyone to try and finish those dastardly nail varnishes with group support! You can never be too groomed for this thread. Also see PY(T)N... - for toenails!
    Splutterer - the stage where an item is nearing the end of it's life and spluttering - also the most annoying and seemingly never ending stage!
    GWP - Gift With Purchase - a sample or mini sized item
    HG - Holy Grail - this is the product you would go back for time and time again, it does the job brilliantly, and is either economical, or so fantastic price becomes no object!
    NPI - Near Purchasing Incident (OMG we all have those!)
    LHJ - Long Haul Job - for those products - love 'em or hate 'em - that never seem to end no matter how often you use them
    PRCP - Pink Rose Candle Philosophy inspired by Erma Bombeck who said: 'If I had my life to live over again I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose that melted in storage'. Don't keep things 'for best' or 'for a special occasion'. That day never arrives. Give the best to yourself now and enjoy it. (Thanks to McCulloch29 for introducing this thought provoking sentiment to us)
    GA - for an out that was given away to charity, as a present, or "just because" rather than binned or UU
    TA - for an out that was thrown away due to going off (generally as it has been lurking at the back of a stash since time immemorial) or for any other reason such as a broken container or spillage
    PP - Project Pan: a list of specific items targeted to be used up

If anyone can think of any more we can add to the list so newbies won't be intimidated by our jargon!

Graduates

Here is a list of our lovely,fragrant ladies who have polished and pampered their way through their products and managed to get their toiletries stash under control. Ladies - congratulations, you are an inspiration to the rest of us, xx . Thanks also to InaPickle who suggested we start the Graduate list. To join the list of graduates let us know by posting that you are graduating in big colourful letters, that way the OP can easily spot you and add you to the list, or better still - PM the OP as the thread can move really quickly! You may also wish to add how many products you have used up during the challenge. Good luck ladies! xx

1. mineallmine - graduated with honours March
    2. Bronnie - graduated with honours March 2011
    3. lostinrates - graduated with honours around June 2010
    4. Ruby_Eskimo - graduated with honours June 2012
    5. Seaside dreamer - graduated with honours October 2012
    6. InaPickle - graduated with honours September 2014
    7. Fiasco55 - graduated with honours May 2017

Previous threads

In case you need to refer back to a previous stash list or product review, here are links to past challenge threads. Click on the date to take you straight to it:

January 2012
    February 2012
    March 2012
    April 2012
    May 2012
    June 2012
    July 2012
    August 2012
    September 2012
    October 2012
    November 2012
    December 2012
    January 2013
    February 2013
    March 2013
    April 2013
    May 2013
    June 2013
    July 2013
    August 2013
    September 2013
    October 2013
    November 2013
    December 2013
    January 2014
    February 2014
    March 2014
    April 2014
    May 2014
    June 2014
    July 2014
    August 2014
    September 2014
    October 2014
    November 2014
    December 2014
    January 2015
    February 2015
    March 2015
    April 2015
    May 2015
    June 2015
    July 2015
    August 2015
    September 2015
    October 2015
    November 2015
    December 2015
    January 2016
    February 2016
    March 2016
    April 2016
    May 2016
    June 2016
    July 2016
    August 2016
    September 2016
    October 2016
    November 2016
    December 2016
    January 2017
    February 2017
    March 2017
    April 2017
    May 2017
    June 2017
    July 2017
    August 2017
    September 2017
    October 2017
    November 2017
    December 2017
    January 2018
    Last edited by mcculloch29; 31-01-2018 at 9:32 PM.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
Page 4
    • VALM
    • By VALM 5th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    Finish 5 by Spring
    Benefit Dallas blush

Eyeshadow from Smashbox Full Exposure palette - S5.

Laura Geller Balance N Brighten

Sephora by OPI JUST A Little Dangerous
    L'Occitane Amber and Santal fragrance
    Laura Mercier Grey Pearl Caviar stick

So, I can't remember if I mentioned that the OPI Just a Little Dangerous was TA on Friday? I was getting very little product on the brush.

I have also now UUed the fragrance. It's ok in the Autumn/Winter as it was very musky. I prefer fragrance like this for the home rather than on me so won't try out the new Ambre one that replaces it. I have pulled out my LE Botanical No 9 to wear for the rest of the month as it's lighter and have only noticed today that I have only half a bottle left of this so maybe it can be finished this month?

As I've more or less finished the challenge and we have a good two months to go still I'm going to pull in some more products:-

Marc Jacobs mini lipstick in colour Jetaime (I think that's how you spell it). It's a lovely raspberry red colour and very wearable. Don't have much left so hopeful I can finish it for this challenge.

MAC Whenever you Call eyeshadow. I pulled this out to use in place of the Smashbox one that I panned. There's a dip in there. This colour looks like a dupe for UD Half Baked. Again, very wearable.

No 7 Translucent pressed powder. Can see the ring under the product so don't know how long it will be before I hit pan.

OPI Mini - at the moment I am using Time for a Napa. Just pulled it out randomly. Speaking of OPI (and not that I'm enabling), there is a TSV today and the pink colours are gorgeous. Emma is buying it for me for my birthday present.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • VALM
    • By VALM 5th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    PP list update
    Botanics eye cream
    Jessica Phenomenon Oil mini
    ABC Tea Tree skin wash 1000ml
    Batiste Blush - the large can
    Happy Days (or whatever it is called now) conditioner (cut open)
    A body oil from Haiti
    Aussie Shampoo - decanted into pump bottle
    Laura Geller Spackle - may need to cut this open soon as there is a lot of air in there and it's difficult to squeeze.
    L'Occitane Immortelle oil make up remover
    Caudalie Serum
    No 7 Beautiful Skin face wipes
    Bath & Body Works Pumpkin hand wash

2 UUs from the list:-

I've mentioned the oil in an earlier post.

The L'Occitane oil make up remover is lovely and I've ordered a full size.

There may be a flurry of UUs from the above as the eye cream tube is pretty flat, the Tea Tree skin wash bottle feels really light, the Batiste is spraying part product part air, the conditioner is cut open, will be cutting open the Spackle tomorrow and the hand wash has very little left in it.

I am going to TA a lipgloss as well. I repainted my nails yesterday in OPI Germanicure by OPI and pulled out L'Oreal Flashdance to match. It has glitter in it and I don't like the feel of this one my lips. I've probably never liked it but am going to trash it once I repaint my nails. I think I may have bought it for the name - love that song. Spooky thing is I was in ASDA on the way to work today and they were playing it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • sstevo19
    • By sstevo19 5th Feb 18, 11:26 AM
    • 601 Posts
    • 4,051 Thanks
    sstevo19
    One UU this morning:

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner sample WPNBA. This was alright but I'm not too impressed by it. I prefer more hydrating toners.
    • kadison
    • By kadison 5th Feb 18, 8:28 PM
    • 3,465 Posts
    • 55,661 Thanks
    kadison
    My stash list....

Body Butter/Lotion/Oil
    Ameliorate Skin Transforming Body Lotion 50ml
    Aromatherapy Associates Revive Gel 40ml
    Astral Original 50ml
    Avon Avon Care Green Tea Body Lotion 400ml
    Avon Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Spray 150ml
    Boots Body Lotion 100ml - Citrus Pop x 2
    Boots Body Lotion 100ml - Gold Together x 2
    Boots Body Lotion 100ml - So Wonderful x 2
    Boots Body Lotion 100ml - Sugared Dreams x 2
    Caudalie Body Lotion 50ml
    Clarins Shimmer Oil for Face & Body 100ml
    First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 56.7ml
    Florentyna Body cream 250ml
    Garnier Body repair extra-dry lotion 400ml
    Johnson's Baby Oil 300ml - Aloe Vera
    Johnson's Baby Oil 500ml - IN
    L'Occitane Arl!sienne Beauty Oil 75ml
    L'Occitane Jasmin & Bergamot Body Lotion 50ml x 2 - GA
    L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee Body Lotion 50ml
    Nivea Original Crème 200ml
    Nivea Original Crème 50ml
    Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream 300ml
    Rosie for Autograph Amazing Radiance Body Glow 50ml - GA
    Soap & Glory Rich & Foamous shower & bath body wash 8ml
    Soap & Glory Righteous Butter 300ml x 2
    Soap & Glory Righteous Butter 50ml x 5
    Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk 500ml x 2
    Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream 50ml x 3
    The Body Shop Body Butter 200ml - Spiced Apple
    The Body Shop Body Butter 400ml - Satsuma
    The Body Shop Japanese Camelia Body Cream 350ml
    Vaseline Intensive Care Spray - Aloe 190ml

Body Scrub
    Boots Body Scrub 50ml - Citrus Pop x 2
    Boots Body Scrub 50ml - Gold Together x 2
    Boots Body Scrub 50ml - So Wonderful x 2
    Boots Body Scrub 50ml - Sugared Dreams x 2
    Champney's Seaweed & Sea Salt Scrub 450g
    Soap & Glory Flake Away Scrub 300ml
    Soap & Glory Scrub 'em and leave 'em 300ml
    Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life Body Buffer 200ml x 2
    Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life Body Buffer 50ml x 5
    Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub 50ml x 3
    The Body Shop African Xemania Scrub 350ml
    The Body Shop Frosted Berries Sugar Scrub 250ml
    The Body Shop Frosted Plum Sugar Scrub 250ml
    The Body Shop Mango Sugar Body Scrub
    The Body Shop Vanilla Chai Sugar Scrub 250ml

Cleanser/Toner/Wipes
    Alpha H Liquid Gold Rose 50ml
    Balance Me Flash Cleanse Micellar Water 30ml
    Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs 200ml
    Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter 5ml
    Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind 5ml - GA
    Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel with Marula Oil 5ml - GA
    Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris 200ml
    Clarins Water Comfort One-Step Cleanser 10ml
    Emma Hardie Moringa balm 15ml
    Gatineau Gentle Silk Cleanser 400ml
    Gatineau Gentle Silk Toner 400ml
    Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur 200ml
    Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur cleansing water 400ml
    Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur cleansing water 400ml - UU
    Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur 400ml x 2 - IN

Lancôme Tonique Confort 400ml - UU
    Lancôme Tonique Confort 400ml
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Pump 150ml
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Tube 200ml
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Tube 30ml
    Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml
    Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer 30ml x 3
    L'Oreal Fine Flowers Cleansing Cream Makeup Remover 200ml
    L'Oreal Fine Flowers Wipes x 25
    Nivea Cleansing wipes x 25 - Dry Skin
    Nivea Cleansing wipes x 25 - Dry Skin - UU
    Nivea Cleansing wipes x 25 - Normal Skin x 3
    Nivea Cleansing wipes x 25 - Normal Skin
    No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm 150ml
    No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser 200ml
    No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser 150ml
    Olay Essentials Cleansing Wipes x 20
    Primark Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes x 15 x 3
    Primark Micellar Cleansing Wipes x 25 - UU
    Primark Micellar Cleansing Wipes x 25

Day/Night Cream
    Avon ANEW Clinical E-Defence Multi-Shield SPF50 Day Lotion 30ml x 2
    Avon Anew Reversalist Day 15ml - TA
    Avon Anew Vitale Night 15ml - TA
    Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet 15ml
    Clarins Daily Energizer Cream 15ml
    Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream 5ml x 2
    Dead Sea Spa Original Night Cream 50ml
    Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream 15ml - GA
    Gatineau Advanced Rejuvenating Cream 15ml
    Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial 16ml
    Lancôme Absolue Premium ßx 15ml
    Lancôme Absolue Premium ßx Night Care 15ml
    Lancôme G!nifique Day Cream 15ml x 4
    Lancôme G!nifique Night Cream 15ml x 3
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Day Cream 15ml x 5
    Lancôme Hydra zen Day Cream 15ml - IN
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Night Cream 15ml x 5
    Lancôme Visionnaire Cream 5ml x 2
    Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser 15ml
    Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser 50ml
    Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser with natural neroli 15ml
    L'Occitane Divine Cream Sachet x 6
    L'Occitane Divine Extract Sachet x 3
    Nuxe 48hr Moisturising Cream 15ml
    Rodial Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel 15ml

Deodorant/Talc
    Dove Deodorant 125ml Compressed - Original
    Dove Deodorant 250ml - Go fresh
    Dove Deodorant 250ml - Sensitive
    Dove Deodorant 35ml - Go Fresh
    Dove Deodorant 75ml Compressed - Invisible Dry - IN
    Dove Spray Deodorant 125ml - Beauty Finish
    Femfresh Powder 200g x 11
    Femfresh Powder 200g X 2 - UU
    Johnson's Baby Cornstarch Powder 255g x 15 - IN
    M&S Talcum Powder 50g - Lavender
    M&S Talcum Powder 50g - Lily of the Valley
    M&S Talcum Powder 50g - Magnolia
    M&S Talcum Powder 50g - Rose
    Medipure Medicated Body Powder 200g
    Nivea Deodorant 35ml - Pearl & Beauty
    Nivea Deodorant 35ml - Cool Kick - IN
    Nivea Deodorant 35ml - Pearl & Beauty - IN
    Nivea Roll-on deodorant 50ml - Pearl & Beauty - IN
    Nivea Roll-on deodorant 50ml - Stress Protect - IN
    Nivea Roll-on deodorant 50ml - Pure Invisible
    Nivea Roll-on deodorant 50ml - Sensitive & Pure - UU
    Sanex Zero Deodorant Compressed - Invisible 125ml
    Soft & Gentle Deodorant 150ml - Lotus & Watermelon
    Soft & Gentle Deodorant 150ml - Verbena & Waterlily

Dry Shampoo/Styling/Hairspray
    Aveda Pramasana Scalp Renewal Concentrate 75ml
    Avon Advance Techniques Heat Protection Spray 100ml
    Avon Naturals Golden Apricot & Shea Detangling Spray 150ml x 3
    Avon Naturals Grapefruit & Passion Fruit +Vitamin Complex Hair Mask 125ml
    Avon Naturals Raspberry and Hibiscus Daily Hair Refresher 100ml
    Batiste Dry Shampoo 50ml - Blush
    Batiste Dry Shampoo 200ml - Cherry
    Batiste Dry Shampoo 200ml - Naughty
    Batiste Dry Shampoo 200ml - Tropical
    Batiste Dry Shampoo 400ml - Divine Dark
    John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Agent Crème 100ml
    Liz Earle Botanical Shine Nourishing Hair Oil 50ml
    L'Oreal Elnett 75ml - Supreme Hold - UU
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 200ml - So Sleek
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 400ml - Extravagant Volume
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 400ml - Supreme Hold
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 75ml - Glam Waves
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 75ml - Infinite Shine x 2
    L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray 75ml - Precious Oil
    L'Oreal Magic Retouch 75ml - Black - GA
    Moroccanoil Original Treatment 15ml
    ORS Shea Butter Hair and Scalp Moisturizing Lotion 236ml
    Percy & Reed Session Hold Spray 50ml
    Percy & Reed Wonder Balm 75ml
    Redken No Blow Dry Airy Cream for Fine Hair 30ml
    Root Perfect Root Concealer 75ml - Black - GA
    Root Perfect Root Concealer 75ml - Dark Brown - GA

The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Purifying Hair Scrub 240ml
    TRESemm! Volume & Lift Firm Hold Hairspray 250ml - IN
    VO5 Styling Wax 75ml - IN
    VO5 Texturising Gum 75ml - IN
    Weleda Revitalising Hair Tonic 100ml
    Wella Silvikrin Hairspray 75ml - UU
    Wella SP Balance Scalp Lotion 125ml

Eye Cleanser/Cream/Gel/Serum
    Dead Sea Spa Original Eye Cream 30ml
    Lancôme Bi-Facil Eye Cleanser 125ml - UU

Lancôme Bi-Facil Eye Cleanser 125ml x 4
    Lancôme Bi-Facil Eye Cleanser 30ml x 3
    Lancôme G!nifique Eye Light Pearl 5ml x 4
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Neurocalm Eyes 15ml x 4
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Neurocalm Eyes 5ml
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Eye Cream 5ml - IN
    Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion 150ml x 2
    No7 Youthful eye serum 15ml
    SpaScriptions Hydrating Under-Eye Pads x 10
    The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence 15ml - UU
    The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence 15ml

Face Mask/Scrub/Serum/Wash
    Amie Morning Clear Face Wash 10ml
    Avon ANEW Clinical Advanced Resurfacing Peel x 30
    Avon Anew Essential Youth Maximising Sheet Mask
    Balance Me Rose Face Oil 10ml
    Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser 50ml
    Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum 10ml
    Clarins Booster Detox 0.8ml
    Clarins Double Serum 0.9ml x 3
    Clarins ENERGY Booster 15ml
    Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream 50ml
    Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream 5ml
    Clarins Hydraquench Cream Mask 5ml
    Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser 30ml x 2
    Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant 57g
    Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil 15ml
    Filorga Meso - Mask 15ml
    Formula Innovate Radiance Reveal Peel 15ml
    Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial 16ml
    Lancôme Exfoliance Confort 100ml - UU
    Lancôme Gel Éclat 125ml
    Lancôme G!nifique Serum 30ml x 3
    Lancôme Hydra Intense Mask 100ml x 5
    Lancôme Hydra Intense Mask 100ml x 3 - GA
    Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate for Night 10ml x 3
    Liz Earle Superskin Face Serum 30ml
    Liz Earle Superskin Overnight Mask 100ml x 2
    L'Oreal Fine Flowers Cleansing Wash 150ml x 2
    No7 Total Renewal Facial Exfoliator 75ml
    Nuxe Facial Cleansing Gel 15ml
    OSKIA Renaissance Mask 10ml
    Perricone MD Cold Plasma 14ml
    Ren Instant Firming Beauty Shot 10ml - GA
    Sanctuary Moisture Burst Facial Wash Mini - 30ml
    Soap & Glory Bright & Beautiful Radiance-Boosting Mask 29g x 3
    Soap & Glory Face, Soap & Clarity Facial Wash 350ml x 2
    Soap & Glory Face, Soap & Clarity Facial Wash 50ml x 3
    Yes To… Cucumbers Soothing Eye Kit 8ml
    Yes To… Grapefruit Face Kit 19ml
    Yes To… Tomatoes Clear Skin Nose Kit 8ml - UU

Hands/Feet
    Avon Cooling Foot Mousse 150ml x 2
    Avon Foot Works Blister Defence Stick
    Avon Footworks Beautiful Pedi-Peel Pads
    Avon Footworks Cooling Crackle Mousse with Aloe 150ml x 2
    Avon Nail Experts Nail Enamel Remover 150ml
    Avon Nail Experts Nail Enamel Remover 150ml - UU
    Avon Planet Spa Soothing Nail Hand and Foot Soak
    Boots Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover Pump 200ml x 2
    Boots Hand Cream 30ml - Citrus Pop x 2
    Boots Hand Cream 30ml - Gold Together x 2
    Boots Hand Cream 30ml - So Wonderful x 2
    Boots Hand Cream 30ml - Sugared Dreams x 2
    Boots Nail Polish Remover Pads x 15
    Champney's Barefoot foot butter 125ml
    Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy 25ml
    Cuticura Hand Gel 100ml
    Heathcote & Ivory Sakura Silks Hand Cream 30ml - GA
    Liz Earle Rosemary & Rock Rose Hand Repair 50ml
    Liz Earle Rosemary & Rock Rose Hand Wash 200ml
    L'Occitane Almond Hand Cream 10ml x 3 - GA
    L'Occitane Delightful Rose Hand Cream 30ml - GA
    L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream 30ml - GA
    L'Occitane Shea Rose Heart Hand Cream 150ml
    L'Occitane Zesty Lime Hand Cream 30ml - GA
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream 10ml - GA
    Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Hand Cream 100ml x 2
    Sally Hansen Strengthening Polish Remover 200ml
    Soap & Glory Hand Food 125ml
    Soap & Glory Hand Food 50ml x 3 - GA
    Soap & Glory Heel Genius 50ml
    Soap & Glory Heel Genius 50ml - GA
    Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Hand Food 50ml

Miscellaneous
    Avon Simply Delicate Active Wash 300ml
    Avon Simply Delicate Odour Neutralising Wash 300ml - TA
    Banana Boat Aloe aftersun spray 235ml
    Beauty Formulas Deep Cleansing Nose Strips x 6
    Bio Oil Small Bottle 60ml x 2
    Clarins Bust Beauty Extra-Lift Gel 50ml x 5
    Clarins Bust Beauty Firming Lotion 15ml
    Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm 3ml
    Dr Lipp's Original Nipple Balm 4ml
    Fake Bake Beyond Bronze Shimmer Light 125ml
    Fake Bake Faux-Glo 120ml
    Femfresh Feminine Deodorant 125ml - Active
    Femfresh Feminine Deodorant 125ml - Freshness
    James Read H2O Illuminating Tan Mist 30ml - GA
    L'Occitane Frisson de Verveine Refreshing Mist 50ml
    L'Occitane Precious Mist 50ml - TA
    L'Occitane Verbena Refreshing Mist 75ml x 2 - TA
    M&S Rosehip All-Purpose Salve 50g - TA
    No7 Brush Cleanser (Cleansing wtr) 200ml
    No7 Instant Tan Lotion 125ml
    No7 Perfectly Bronzed Self Tan 125ml - GA
    Pearlessence Hydrating Face Mist 236ml - Cucumber Water
    Pearlessence Hydrating Face Mist 236ml - Rose Water
    Pink Sun Coconut Oil 500ml
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist 100ml
    T-Zone Spot zapping gel 8ml
    Vaseline Petroleum Jelly 250ml
    Veet Hair Removal Cream 100ml - Normal Skin - IN
    Veet Hair Removal Cream 100ml - Sensitive Skin - IN

Perfume
    4711 Original Eau de Cologne Duo Gift Set
    Chanel No. 5 EDP 20ml
    Chanel No. 5 Sheer Moisture Mist 100ml
    Clarins Eau Dynamisante 5ml
    Elizabeth Arden Green Tea EDP 50ml
    Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Tropical EDT 100ml
    Elizabeth Arden Fragrance Set
    Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir Black Perfecto 7.5ml
    Jack Wills Body Spray Trio
    Lancôme La Vie Est Belle EDP 4ml x 2
    Lancôme La Vie Est Belle EDP 50ml
    L'Occitane Arl!sienne EDT 7.5ml - GA
    L'Occitane Arl!sienne EDT 75ml
    L'Occitane Jasmin & Bergamot EDT 7.5ml x 3
    L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee EDT 7.5ml x 2
    L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee EDT 75ml
    L'Occitane Pivoine Flora EDT 75ml
    Michael Kors Sexy Ruby EDP 50ml
    Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist Limited Edition 30ml
    Philosophy Baby Grace EDP 120ml
    Shay & Blue Blood Oranges 10ml
    Soap & Glory Pick & Spritz - Spritzes
    The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Eau de Cologne 100ml x 2
    The Body Shop Raspberry Eau de Toilette 30ml
    Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDP 100ml
    Vince Camuto Bella 1.5ml

Shampoo/Conditioner
    Alberto Balsam Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo 350ml
    Art Naturals Argan Oil Conditioner 473ml
    Art Naturals Argan Oil Shampoo 473ml
    Aveda Brilliant Conditioner 200ml
    Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo 250ml
    Aveda Shampure Shampoo 1000ml
    Avon Naturals Grapefruit & Passion Fruit Complex 2-1 250ml
    Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava 2-in-1 250ml
    Dove Daily Care 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner - IN
    Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox 50ml
    Grow Gorgeous Volumising Shampoo 190ml
    Johnson's Baby Shampoo 500ml
    L'Occitane Bromelia Conditioner 300ml
    L'Occitane Bromelia Shampoo 300ml - UU

L'Occitane Mandacaru Conditioner 300ml
    L'Oreal Preference Conditioner 36ml - GA
    Lush Big Shampoo 330g - UU
    Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner 30ml
    The Body Shop Conditioner 250ml - Banana
    The Body Shop Conditioner 250ml - Fuji Green Tea
    The Body Shop Shampoo 400ml - Banana
    The Body Shop Shampoo 400ml - Fuji Green Tea

Shower Gel/Soap
    Boots Body Wash 100ml - Citrus Pop x 2
    Boots Body Wash 100ml - Gold Together x 2
    Boots Body Wash 100ml - So Wonderful x 2
    Boots Body Wash 100ml - Sugared Dreams x 2
    Imperial Leather Foamburst 200ml - Bergamot & Sea Minerals
    Imperial Leather Foamburst 200ml - Marshmallow Unicorn - IN
    Korres Bergamot Pear Shower Gel 250ml
    L'Occitane Arl!sienne Scented Soap 50g - GA
    L'Occitane Bromelia Bi-Phase Body Oil 250ml
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Perfumed Soap 75g
    L'Occitane Citrus Verbena Shower Gel 500ml - UU

L'Occitane Honey Soap 100g - GA
    L'Occitane Iris Blue & Iris Blanc Shower Gel 250ml
    L'Occitane Jardin Secret Shower Foam 150ml
    M&S Bath Cream 75ml - Honeysuckle
    M&S Bath Cream 75ml - Lavender
    M&S Bath Cream 75ml - Lily of the Valley
    M&S Bath Cream 75ml - Magnolia
    M&S Bath Cream 75ml - Rose
    M&S Shower Cream 50ml - Honeysuckle
    M&S Shower Cream 50ml - Lavender
    M&S Shower Cream 50ml - Lily of the Valley
    M&S Shower Cream 50ml - Magnolia x 2
    M&S Shower Cream 50ml - Rose
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap 150g
    Nuxe Prodigieux Shower Oil 30ml - GA
    Original Source Foaming Shower Gel 180ml - Lemon & Lime - IN
    Original Source Foaming Shower Gel 180ml - Mint & Tea Tree - IN
    Original Source Foaming Shower Gel 180ml - Orange - IN
    Oral B Toothpaste 75ml - Sensitive & Whitening - IN
    Oral B Toothpaste 75ml - Strong Teeth - IN
    Philosophy Snow Angel Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 480ml - UU
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel 500ml x 2
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel 75ml x 4
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel 75ml - GA
    Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel 8ml - GA
    Soap & Glory Rich & Foamous shower & bath body wash 8ml - GA
    Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash 75ml x 3
    Soap & Glory Pick & Spritz - Body Washes
    The Body Shop Shower Gel 250ml - Blueberry
    The Body Shop Shower Gel 250ml - Frosted Plum
    Last edited by kadison; 27-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018
    I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it - Groucho Marx
    • kadison
    • By kadison 5th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 3,465 Posts
    • 55,661 Thanks
    kadison
    Stash list part deux.......

Toothpaste/Mouthwash
    Coco Smile Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder 90g
    Dentyl Mouthwash 500ml - Smooth Mint - UU
    Dentyl Mouthwash 500ml - Smooth Mint
    Oral B Toothpaste 75ml - Deep Clean - UU
    Oral B Toothpaste 75ml - Sensitive & Whitening - IN
    Oral B Toothpaste 75ml - Strong Teeth - IN
    Oral B Toothpaste 75ml - Strong Teeth x 2

Blusher/Bronzer
    Lancôme Belle de Teint Powder - Belle de Moka
    No7 Shimmer Palette - Caramel
    No7 Shimmer Palette - Rose
    The Body Shop All-In-One Cheek Colour - 07 Amber - GA
    The Body Shop Fresh Sorbet Blush - 010 Florida Sunstar - GA
    The Body Shop Fresh Sorbet Blush - 020 Lychee Blossom - GA
    The Body Shop Fresh Sorbet Blush - 025 Cuban Water Melon - GA
    The Body Shop Fresh Sorbet Blush - 030 Tuscan Grape - GA
    The Body Shop Honey Bronze Face Gel
    The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick - 10 Poppy Nude - GA
    The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick - 40 Poppy Red - GA
    Urban Decay Naked Flushed - Sesso

Brows/Eyeliner/Eyeshadow
    Avon Brow definer - Soft Black
    Avon Glimmerstick diamonds eyeliner - Jade Metallic - TA
    Avon Glimmerstick eyeliner - Crackling Cobalt - TA
    Avon Glimmerstick eyeliner - Teal Waters - TA
    Avon Glimmerstick eyeliner - Ultra Violet - TA
    Avon mark. Extralasting Inks Eternal Emerald - GA
    Avon mark. Gel Pencil Eyeliner Rich Copper
    Avon mark. Gel Pencil Eyeliner Sage Shock
    Avon mark. Gel Pencil Eyeliner Tropical Teal
    Avon mark. Perfect Brow Creme Gel Pot Deep Brown
    Avon SuperExtend Liquid Eyeliner - Black, Hunter Green, Navy and Plum - TA
    Avon SuperExtend Liquid Eyeliner - Black x 2
    Avon SuperExtend Liquid Eyeliner - Navy
    Avon SuperExtend Liquid Eyeliner - Plum
    Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner Pencil - Silver
    Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad - Urban Skyline
    Avon Waterproof Creamy Eyeshadow Pot - Bronze Gold - GA
    Avon Waterproof Creamy Eyeshadow Pot - Enduring Iris - GA
    Avon Waterproof Creamy Eyeshadow Pot - Raw Gold - GA
    Avon Waterproof Creamy Eyeshadow Pot - Rose Gold - GA
    Bell!pierre XII Eye Palette
    Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Berry Sorbet
    Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Lapis
    Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Pistachio
    Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Sea Glass
    Ciat! Fierce Flicks Eye Liner - Black
    High Definition Eyeshadow Palette - Foxy
    Kiko Baked Eyeshadow - Shade 19
    Kiko High Pigment Eyeshadow - Shade 72
    Kiko Smart Eyeshadow - Shade 22
    Kiko Water Eyeshadow - Shade 220
    Kiko Water Eyeshadow - Shade 224
    Lancôme 24HR Luminous Eyeshadow - Electrifying Sparkle
    Lancôme 24HR Luminous Eyeshadow - Vibrant Violet
    Lancôme Drama Eye Shadow Palette - Magnetic Violet
    Lancôme Eye Shadow Palette - Fresh Rose - GA
    Lancôme Hypnôse Eye Palette - Christmas
    Lancôme Hypnose Eye Palette - Water Mint
    Lancôme Le Crayon Kohl - Black 0.7g x 2
    MeMeMe Dew Pot - Twilight Bliss - TA
    Nars Intense Eyeshadow - Pasiphae
    Soap & Glory SUPERCAT Liquid Eyeliner in Black 1.6g x 2
    The Body Shop Bold Oversized Felt Liner - Black
    The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow - Be My Clementine
    The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow - Blackcurrant Affair
    The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow - Blueberry Night
    The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow - Fizzy Mojito
    The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow - Sunshine Love
    Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette
    Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette 3

Foundation/Powder/Primer
    Autograph Hydrating Primer 15ml - GA
    Avon CC Colour Correcting Powder - Fair
    Avon Cream to Powder Foundation - Light Nude
    Avon Ideal Flawless Matte Mousse Foundation - Ivory
    Avon MagiX HD Finishing Powder
    Avon mark. CC Cream Nude x 3
    Avon mark. Setting Powder
    Bellapierre Banana Setting Powder
    Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch 15ml x 3
    Est!e Lauder Double Wear Cushion Foundation - 2W0
    Est!e Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation - 1W2
    Guerlain M!t!orites Birthday Pearls of Powder 25g
    Lancôme Teint Idole Sample - 021 Beige Jasmin
    Lancôme Teint Idole Sample - 023 Beige Aurore
    Lancôme Teint Idole Sample - 025 Beige Lin
    L'Oreal True Match Powder - UU
    L'Oreal True Match Powder N4 x 3
    No7 Crème Touch Pressed Powder - Translucent
    Nude by Nature Loose Finishing Powder 1.5ml
    Primark No Sweat Mattifying Face Powder
    Pur Correcting Primer Illuminate & Glow 10ml
    The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream - Light - GA
    this works In Transit Camera Close-Up 15ml

Lipstick/Balm/Liner/Gloss
    Avon Anew Tinted Lip Plumping Conditioner Berry Tint
    Avon ANEW Youth-Awakening Lipstick Berry Bloom
    Avon ANEW Youth-Awakening Lipstick Papaya Pearl
    Avon Perfectly Matte Lipstick - Mauve Matters
    Avon Perfectly Matte Lipstick - Ruby Kiss
    Avon Shine Burst Gloss Stick - Raspberry Glaze - TA
    Avon Supreme Nourishing Lipstick - Supple Magenta
    Avon Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss - Clear
    Avon Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss - Legendary Red
    Avon Ultra Glimmersticks Lip Liner - Deep Plum
    Avon Ultra Glimmersticks Lip Liner - Pink Bouquet
    Avon Ultra Glimmersticks Lip Liner - Pink Cashmere
    Clarins Gloss Prodige Mini - 04 Candy
    Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil 6ml - Red Berry
    Clinique Lip Colour Mini - Cherry Pop
    Clinique Pick Your Party
    Coca-Cola Cherry coke lip balm 4g - UU
    Coca-Cola Cherry coke lip balm 4g x 31
    Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint - Berry - UU
    Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint - Blush
    Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint - Honey
    Eve Lom Kiss Mix
    Illamasqua Lava Lipstick Vixen
    Lancôme Juicy Shaker Lip Balm - Berry Take 372
    Lancôme Juicy Shaker Lip Balm - Freedom of Peach 142
    Lancôme Juicy Shaker Lip Balm - Vanilla Pop 252
    Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick Shade 202 1.6g
    Lancôme L'Absoloue Sheer 202 1.65ml - IN
    Lancôme Shine Lover Lipstick - Bold Plum
    L'Occitane Delightful Rose Lip Balm 12ml - TA
    L'Occitane Shea Butter Balm 10ml x 3
    Nivea Lip balm spf15 - Soothe & Protect
    No7 BB Lips - Blush Pink
    No7 Lovely Lips Lip Balm - Coral Blossom
    No7 Lovely Lips Lip Balm - Parisian Pink
    No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick - Soft Ruby 300
    No7 Perfect lips pencil 4g - Fire
    Pixi Lift Max Sheen in Honey 1g - GA
    Smashbox Drawn In Decked Out Be Legendary Lipstick Set
    Soap & Glory SEXY MOTHER PUCKER Lip Gloss in Plums Up 7ml x 2
    Stila Stay all Day in Perla 1.5ml - GA

Mascara
    Diego Dalla Palma Ciglione Mascara (full size)
    Doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara - Black
    Eyeko Black Magic Mascara 4ml
    Kiko 30 days extension mascara
    Kiko Smart Colour Mascara - Shade 01
    Kiko Smart Colour Mascara - Shade 02
    Lancôme Cils Booster XL 5.5ml x 3
    Lancôme Cils Booster Mascara 5.5ml - IN
    Lancôme Hypnose Mascara 2ml x 3
    Lancôme Hypnose Mascara 6.2ml
    Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara 1.5ml
    Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara 2ml - IN
    Lancôme Volume a Porter Mascara 6.5ml
    Natural Collection Clear Mascara 9ml
    Soap & Glory THICK & FAST HD MASCARA in Black 10ml x 2

Nails
    Avon Gel finish nail enamel 10ml - Envy
    Avon Nailwear Pro+ - Decadence
    ImPress Press On Nails - Natural
    Lancôme Vernis in Love Nail Polish 6ml - Madame Tulipe 179M
    Lancôme Vernis in Love Nail Polish 6ml - Rose Boudoir 375B
    Leighton Denny Crystal finish quick dry top coat 12ml
    Leighton Denny Glitter Nail Polish 12ml

Nails Inc.
    Air Street Oxygen Base Coat 10ml, Albert Bridge Top Coat 10ml, Albert Place 10ml, Aspen 10ml
    Baker Street 10ml, Belsize Park 10ml, Bling it on Glitter Pot - Emerald, Bling it on Glitter Pot - Glitterball, Bright Street Illuminator 14ml
    Cheyne Walk 10ml, China town 10ml
    Electric Lane 10ml
    Hampstead Grove 14ml, Harley Street Ridge Filler 10ml, Haymarket 10ml
    Kensington Caviar Base Coat 10ml, Kensington Caviar Top Coat - Gel 10ml x 2, Kensington Caviar Top Coat 10ml x 2, Kings Road 10ml
    Lowndes Court 10ml
    Marylebone Road 10ml, Montpellier Square 10ml
    NailKale Superfood Base Coat 14ml
    Oakley Gardens 10ml
    Princes Street 10ml
    Seven dials 10ml, St James 10ml, St James Park 10ml, St Martin!!!8217;s Lane 10ml, Swiss Cottage 10ml, Symons Street 10ml
    Tate 10ml, The Mall 10ml, Trafalgar Crescent 10ml
    Victoria 10ml
    Wardour Mews 10ml, Westminster Abbey 10ml, Whitechapel 14ml, Winter Mews 14ml

TOTAL 679 Items
    Last edited by kadison; 27-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 5th Feb 18, 10:48 PM
    • 4,257 Posts
    • 11,109 Thanks
    asajj
    Wow kadison what a stash
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • kadison
    • By kadison 5th Feb 18, 11:28 PM
    • 3,465 Posts
    • 55,661 Thanks
    kadison
    Wow kadison what a stash
    Originally posted by asajj
    Yes, I'm a bit proud of it but also a bit overwhelmed!
    • VALM
    • By VALM 6th Feb 18, 5:03 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    I have found a new FB group which may help me to destash (and, unfortunately restash!). It's called List it .... Gift it. Items are offered up for the price of postage and people who want the items post a comment requesting the same. Each poster is assigned a concurrent number. After 24 hours the post is closed and the recipient 's number chosen randomly. I've "applied" for some items and have offered a Laura Geller blush that I'm posting today. Might be worth other forumites posting on there to get rid of older items. I would not have offered the blush up for sale because I don't know it's age and I picked it up second hand myself but for the cost of just postage it won't really matter to someone if they get it and don't like it, I suppose?

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 6th Feb 18, 9:23 AM
    • 3,795 Posts
    • 35,259 Thanks
    dolly84
    I have found a new FB group which may help me to destash (and, unfortunately restash!). It's called List it .... Gift it. Items are offered up for the price of postage and people who want the items post a comment requesting the same. Each poster is assigned a concurrent number. After 24 hours the post is closed and the recipient 's number chosen randomly. I've "applied" for some items and have offered a Laura Geller blush that I'm posting today. Might be worth other forumites posting on there to get rid of older items. I would not have offered the blush up for sale because I don't know it's age and I picked it up second hand myself but for the cost of just postage it won't really matter to someone if they get it and don't like it, I suppose?
    Originally posted by VALM
    That sounds like a good idea, better than throwing things away.
    Total Debt 01/14 £13043.00, now £0 debt free date Dec 2016, actually July 2016.
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 6th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    • 3,795 Posts
    • 35,259 Thanks
    dolly84
    I have gathered together all my already used eyeliners and I am testing them out one day at a time and if they don't make the grade I am getting rid. I hate to do it but the damage was done long ago. The first one to go was

byTerry Bronze Generation - this was a full size eyeliner which came in a beauty box and I was pretty excited to try it, I did and didn't like it so it has been sat around for a long time so I tried it again. It is a greeny bronze colour and very creamy - a bit too creamy and intense for me, by the end of the day there is nothing left on the lash line (I only used it on lower lash line) all the colour has migrated down in a smudgy, glittery mess. For the price of this brand I would expect way more so out it goes.

I have cut open my small tube of 8hr cream so that should be finished in the next 5 years. My shampoo, conditioner and an eyeshadow are almost done too.
    Total Debt 01/14 £13043.00, now £0 debt free date Dec 2016, actually July 2016.
    • VALM
    • By VALM 6th Feb 18, 10:36 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    That sounds like a good idea, better than throwing things away.
    Originally posted by dolly84
    I know, I thought so too.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • VALM
    • By VALM 6th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    I have gathered together all my already used eyeliners and I am testing them out one day at a time and if they don't make the grade I am getting rid. I hate to do it but the damage was done long ago. The first one to go was

byTerry Bronze Generation - this was a full size eyeliner which came in a beauty box and I was pretty excited to try it, I did and didn't like it so it has been sat around for a long time so I tried it again. It is a greeny bronze colour and very creamy - a bit too creamy and intense for me, by the end of the day there is nothing left on the lash line (I only used it on lower lash line) all the colour has migrated down in a smudgy, glittery mess. For the price of this brand I would expect way more so out it goes.

I have cut open my small tube of 8hr cream so that should be finished in the next 5 years. My shampoo, conditioner and an eyeshadow are almost done too.
    Originally posted by dolly84
    I only use the Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper on my upper lid nowadays. Love it and don't feel dressed without it.

The Bath & Body Works Pumpkin hand wash is UU. It stopped pumping so I tipped the last of it onto my bath lily this morning in the shower.

Have decanted an Avon Winter Dreamland shower gel into a pump dispenser to use as handwash in the kitchen in it's place.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 6th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    • 4,737 Posts
    • 47,173 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Nothing much to report here. Aldi have some Beauty Specialbuys coming up at the weekend - Sunday. There is no eye cream on offer, I had hoped they would bring the soya one back, but I do have plenty, anyway. I ordered some micellar water, as I am trying to use fewer wipes, and use cotton wool pads instead. Free postage.

Val used the phrase 'body lily', I knew exactly what she meant, I've seen them called so many things, though:

Body puff
    Shower puff
    Body lily
    Shower lily
    Body mop
    Shower mop
    Body rose
    Shower/bath scrunchie
    Pouf loofah
    Bath/shower (mesh) ball
    Mesh sponge
    Bath/shower buffer
    Loofah ball

So, definitely, nobody can agree what these items are ..

Edit, I looked to see if there were any I hadn't thought of and came across this

"Whether you call it a luffa, loofa, loufa, loofah, lufa, pouf, or something else entirely, our mesh bath and shower sponge will keep your skin healthy and smooth like never before.."

It's not a loofah, though, those are these
    Last edited by mcculloch29; 06-02-2018 at 2:58 PM.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • VALM
    • By VALM 6th Feb 18, 7:36 PM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    Nothing much to report here. Aldi have some Beauty Specialbuys coming up at the weekend - Sunday. There is no eye cream on offer, I had hoped they would bring the soya one back, but I do have plenty, anyway. I ordered some micellar water, as I am trying to use fewer wipes, and use cotton wool pads instead. Free postage.

Val used the phrase 'body lily', I knew exactly what she meant, I've seen them called so many things, though:

Body puff
    Shower puff
    Body lily
    Shower lily
    Body mop
    Shower mop
    Body rose
    Shower/bath scrunchie
    Pouf loofah
    Bath/shower (mesh) ball
    Mesh sponge
    Bath/shower buffer
    Loofah ball

Edit, I looked to see if there were any I hadn't thought of and came across this

"Whether you call it a luffa, loofa, loufa, loofah, lufa, pouf, or something else entirely, our mesh bath and shower sponge will keep your skin healthy and smooth like never before.."

Originally posted by mcculloch29
    Love your post. I only called it a lily because that's what it said on the Sainsburys label. To me the word lily sounds like lady parts! I usually call it a puff x

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • lynseydee
    • By lynseydee 6th Feb 18, 9:20 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 7,598 Thanks
    lynseydee

Body puff
    Shower puff
    Body lily
    Shower lily
    Body mop
    Shower mop
    Body rose
    Shower/bath scrunchie
    Pouf loofah
    Bath/shower (mesh) ball
    Mesh sponge
    Bath/shower buffer
    Loofah ball

Originally posted by mcculloch29
    I call mine a scrunchie
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off

Owe Virgin £5,950.00 at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC £5,460.78 2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
    • lucia22
    • By lucia22 6th Feb 18, 9:26 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 2,299 Thanks
    lucia22
    UU

Sanctuary Spa Wet Skin Moisture Miracle 50ml
    - Got this at Christmas in a gift set. Really nice - love the scent of Sanctuary Spa products. WMB but plenty of lotions left to use!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 (Total 2016 UU - 211|Total 2017 UU - 114)
    Toiletries Total UU to end of March - 24
    |Apr - 4|Makeup Total UU to end of March - 1
    • InaPickle
    • By InaPickle 6th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 5,913 Posts
    • 32,882 Thanks
    InaPickle
    Hello ladies!

kaidson
    *goggles enviously then faints*

Right, so I have many (alas boring ins this weekend) and a few outs. All were bought on special offer and many earned me lots of points at the B00ts special event. And we all know what points make, don't we? That's right...-70% sale purchases next year!

OUT:

1 x Mitchum deodorant: have bought again. HG product.
    1 x Corsodyl daily mouthwash: have bought again - dentist makes this a HG product.

IN:

(BTW, did I mention that I was gifted a bottle of perfume for Christmas and a perfume and moisturizer set for Christmas? Both very nice and one has become my day perfume and the other has joined my evening perfumes.)
    3 x Mitchum deodorant: was a decent price
    6 x Corsodyl Daily: was a decent price and got me lots of B00ts points!
    2 x Sooperdrug own brand dry shampoos: on offer. I'll give them a go.

Right, those are my confessions for now. Happy using up!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• sstevo19
    • By sstevo19 6th Feb 18, 9:57 PM
    • 601 Posts
    • 4,051 Thanks
    sstevo19
    A few INs today:

Etude House Sunprise Must Daily Lotion SPF50+ 50g
    Etude House Sunprise Airy Finish SPF50 55ml
    Skinfood Beauty in a Food Sheet Mask

I placed an order at the end of last month for some Asian skincare products. I had ordered something else as well, but they cancelled it because they couldn't get any stock from their suppliers, and they refunded the money for that item, which is good of them. The sheet mask is a GWP I'm excited to try these sunscreens, Asian sunscreens are more cosmetically elegant than most Western ones
    • VALM
    • By VALM 7th Feb 18, 5:13 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    Hello ladies!

kaidson
    *goggles enviously then faints*

Right, so I have many (alas boring ins this weekend) and a few outs. All were bought on special offer and many earned me lots of points at the B00ts special event. And we all know what points make, don't we? That's right...-70% sale purchases next year!

OUT:

1 x Mitchum deodorant: have bought again. HG product.
    1 x Corsodyl daily mouthwash: have bought again - dentist makes this a HG product.

IN:

(BTW, did I mention that I was gifted a bottle of perfume for Christmas and a perfume and moisturizer set for Christmas? Both very nice and one has become my day perfume and the other has joined my evening perfumes.)
    3 x Mitchum deodorant: was a decent price
    6 x Corsodyl Daily: was a decent price and got me lots of B00ts points!
    2 x Sooperdrug own brand dry shampoos: on offer. I'll give them a go.

Right, those are my confessions for now. Happy using up!
    Originally posted by InaPickle
    What perfumes did you get, Pickle?

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • VALM
    • By VALM 7th Feb 18, 5:25 AM
    • 4,119 Posts
    • 37,531 Thanks
    VALM
    I have some INs.

Flores Mare eye cream. Looking forward to trying this.

My Feelunique order came but I may be returning something as I am in dispute with them. The free gift that I spent an allocated amount for which to qualify appeared in the Shopping Bag but not at Checkout. I continued with the order thinking that it was excluded from Checkout as it was not something for which I was paying hence why it did not appear. I emailed them immediately stating it had been in SB and could they ensure it was sent. Got a blunt generic email telling me the item was never in my SB as they were out of stock and the offer over. Further m that they would not offer a replacement but I could have a 20% off code instead. I was livid to say the least and have emailed them stating their site did not advise me of the unavailability of the item and demanding a replacement. If I don't get a reasonable response (which I don't think I will) I'm returning the Elemis kit. So INs so far:-

L'Occitane oil make up remover.

The other items ordered were for MRM and Emma.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

2,695Users online

Martin's Twitter