Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 31st Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 655Posts
    • 357Thanks
    Raxiel
    Markham Retail Park Chesterfield
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    Markham Retail Park Chesterfield 31st Jan 18 at 4:44 PM
    Hi, I have a thread over at the pepipoo, but I wanted to post here as well for more opinions.

The registered keeper received an NTK from Premier Park Ltd, claiming the Driver of their car had become liable for a charge after 'Parking and leaving site'.

The keeper was not the driver or a passenger on the occasion. I am not the driver.
    We are now at the POPLA stage.

This is the first PPC Invoice I've defended, although I've been reading threads like this one on and off for a few years.

I'll split the info over 3 posts to avoid 'wall of text' quotes.

TIA
Page 3
    • benjiplace
    • By benjiplace 12th Mar 18, 2:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    benjiplace
    Frustrated and stressed
    I was interested in reading all your submissions regarding Markham Retail Car Park as I too received a PCN 9 February 2018 having parked there previous Sunday 3 February 2018 and charged for allegingly leaving the site. I am in the delema of knowing whether to pay this charge or having read all your documentation to contest it, Iím not sure where to start or if I want all the stress, but why should these people be allowed to get away with these parking notices.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 12th Mar 18, 3:54 PM
    • 5,448 Posts
    • 5,553 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    If it is any reassurance, Debt Recovery Plus have now taken up the chasing of these for a few vehicles on my fleet.

I've made the same offer to them to discuss it in front of a District Judge.

Personally, I'd appeal to PP saying it was aliens or something, anything to get a POPLA code, then submit as generic appeal as possible, because it seems that PP are not contesting any of the tickets issued at this location, so POPLA won't even read your submissions.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 9:03 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I was interested in reading all your submissions regarding Markham Retail Car Park as I too received a PCN 9 February 2018 having parked there previous Sunday 3 February 2018 and charged for allegingly leaving the site.

I am in the delema of knowing whether to pay this charge or having read all your documentation to contest it, I!!!8217;m not sure where to start or if I want all the stress, but why should these people be allowed to get away with these parking notices.
    Originally posted by gmiddleton
    How is there a dilemma? Why are you not sure where to start?

No-one here pays Premier Park 'charges'.

You've found a thread that tells you how to win. You are on a forum where the sticky thread at the top of this forum gives you template appeals.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• benjiplace
    • By benjiplace 13th Mar 18, 12:05 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    benjiplace
    Thank you for the boost of confidence, I hate admitting this but my dilemma was due to being a senior citizen living on her own. Having now read and reread the NEWBIES FAQS will use the templates to proceed.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 18, 1:03 AM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Make sure the main thrust of the POPLA appeal is about PP not having any evidence that the occupants of the car left the site. Not much else wins v PP, but that can and does.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• benjiplace
    • By benjiplace 14th Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    benjiplace
    Sorry to be a 'numptie' just want to be sure I'm doing things right. I have received 2 emails from PP one saying my appeal is unjustified and the other requesting details of the driver by 10 April 2018, which I wont do as advised here. They said they will not reply until after 10 April 2018 and then the registered keeper will be held liable. Is it after this date that I will get a POPLA number? Not sure I totally understand the POPLA bit.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Mar 18, 9:24 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    Do nothing but wait patiently for your PoPLA code.

You could perhaps prepare yourself for PoPLA by reading post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 20th Mar 18, 2:52 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    Raxiel
    If it is any reassurance, Debt Recovery Plus have now taken up the chasing of these for a few vehicles on my fleet.

I've made the same offer to them to discuss it in front of a District Judge.

Personally, I'd appeal to PP saying it was aliens or something, anything to get a POPLA code, then submit as generic appeal as possible, because it seems that PP are not contesting any of the tickets issued at this location, so POPLA won't even read your submissions.
    Originally posted by StaffsSW
    I wouldn't want to take it for granted they'll keep rolling over. A weak enough POPLA submission might be enough to tempt them into responding.

Sorry to be a 'numptie' just want to be sure I'm doing things right. I have received 2 emails from PP one saying my appeal is unjustified and the other requesting details of the driver by 10 April 2018, which I wont do as advised here. They said they will not reply until after 10 April 2018 and then the registered keeper will be held liable. Is it after this date that I will get a POPLA number? Not sure I totally understand the POPLA bit.
    Originally posted by benjiplace
    Yes, you ignore their request for driver details, and the next letter will include a 10 digit POPLA code.
    You get a month from the code being generated to submit your appeal to POPLA, then the operator gets 21 days to submit a response, which you can then comment on and then the Independent adjudicator makes their decision.
    The operator has to pay a fee when it goes to the Adjudicator, so if they aren't confident about winning when they see your initial appeal, many just cut their losses and walk away at that point (After letting the timer run out because why not be spiteful and keep it hanging over your head as long as possible?).

You can see the text of my appeal for this site in this thread. The bit about the 'new' canvas signs won't apply to you, since they went up in January, but the rest of it would still stand.

Edit: Would be nice if the MSE forum software actually alerted me to new posts in this (subscribed) thread, if I'd not come back to it to check something else I'd never have known.
    Last edited by Raxiel; 20-03-2018 at 2:55 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Mar 18, 3:11 PM
    • 7,261 Posts
    • 6,782 Thanks
    KeithP
    Edit: Would be nice if the MSE forum software actually alerted me to new posts in this (subscribed) thread, if I'd not come back to it to check something else I'd never have known.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    It will if you change the Notification Type from No email notification to Instant notification by email.
    • benjiplace
    • By benjiplace 19th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    benjiplace
    Popla code stage
    Thanks for your advice I now have my Popla code and have gone through your text and will use it for my appeal not forgetting to adjust about the new canvas signs that were changed in January. Iíve used some of the photos but cannot find the one for the west entrance to SCS. Otherwise great thanks again
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 29th Apr 18, 10:46 AM
    • 655 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Sorry, just seen this. Pics of the west side from 6th Feb this year https://imgur.com/a/3hbjQfT
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Not seeing any t&cs!

• benjiplace
    • By benjiplace 14th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    benjiplace
    Popla appeal
    Thanks everyone for your help, a real boost of confidence, just to let you know Iíve won my appeal as PP donít want to contend it - thanks again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th May 18, 9:33 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,135 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done!

What did your POPLA appeal say?

• benjiplace
    • By benjiplace 15th May 18, 6:55 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    benjiplace
    Premier park have told us they do not wish to contest this appeal. This means your appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th May 18, 8:04 AM
    • 17,648 Posts
    • 27,902 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well done!

What did your POPLA appeal say?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Premier park have told us they do not wish to contest this appeal. This means your appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.
    Originally posted by benjiplace
    That was the POPLA notification of PP withdrawing. We are interested in what your appeal to POPLA said, through which we might be able to identify a key point(s) that may have caused PP to withdraw - which we might be able to use again in the future.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin