Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alfa123
    • By alfa123 31st Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    alfa123
    NTC - Reply from appeal
    • 31st Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    NTC - Reply from appeal 31st Jan 18 at 1:34 PM
    Good afternoon, I'm after some help. I have appealed a parking charge notice from NTC on the back of a "notice to keeper". I used the template from this forum, I didn't add anything just a copy and paste job....I have received a response from NTC but not really sure how to take it?!? What should I do next, any help would be most appreciated. reply pasted below......

"

Dear Mr B*****,

Re: Parking Charge Notice Number 4******* (Vehicle: E*****)

Site: JARROLDS - ST***********

Issue date: 22/12/2017

We are in receipt of your purported appeal and confirm it will not be processed as it is out of time.

We are also aware of it being a copy from the Internet and has the usual inaccuracies therein.

We have reviewed your purported Section 10 DPA request and confirm that the data is being processed lawfully under contractual obligations.

Additionally the request does nto comply with the requirements of such a request.

Normal recovery of this charge will continue and despite your assertions we will rely on keeper liability as permitted in law.

Regards

NTC

Page 1
    • Castle
    • By Castle 31st Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,299 Thanks
    Castle
    • 31st Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    Was there a NTD left on the vehicle?
    • alfa123
    • By alfa123 31st Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alfa123
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    Hey Castle, thanks for reply. There was a "parking charge notice" left on the passenger side window.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 12:41 AM
    • 57,392 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st Feb 18, 12:41 AM
    • 1st Feb 18, 12:41 AM
    Norwich Traffic Control?

No need for a thread, nothing to say really, ignore them then.

They are an IPC member, same as all the rest. No appeal would work anyway and no-one pays this lot. Same as every other IPC thread (read any at all!) and all explained in the NEWBIES thread. Ignore, except if you move house, in which case, write to tell them the new address and keep proof of posting (not signed-for) or email the new address to them. Keep proof, in case you need it later.

Come back if they try a small claim, and we'll help you defend. 99% of newbies won in 2017, when they came here and stayed around throughout, from defence right through to hearing/discontinuance.

That's hundreds who won, and just two lost, based on our coached cases. No big deal, those two then paid and the scam was over anyway, no CCJ, no effect on them and they cost the scammers more.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 01-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• alfa123
    • By alfa123 1st Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alfa123
    • 1st Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 1st Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    Coupon-mad, thanks for your advice, you sound confident so I will sit tight and wait.......will update as and when.

Thanks.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 35,573 Posts
    • 19,789 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    It is futile to appeal.

See the Newbies FAQ thread for an explanation of the futility of appeals to IPC companies

(Don't ignore a lbcca or Court correspondence)

(Assuming you are dealing with the same PPC as the OP)

You need to start your own thread if you need more advice not available in the Newbies FAQ
    Last edited by Quentin; 16-02-2018 at 3:33 PM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    "Purported" (twice) surely not.

As for using internet fora, nowt wrong with them, as long as you delete the "usual inaccuracies". If I received such an insulting, ill informed letter I would be howling for blood.

Please read this and take action as requested.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences. Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, who have also been reported to the regulatory authority.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 16-02-2018 at 3:42 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 57,392 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    Firstly appologies for jumping into this link just got a Ticket/Invoice what ever you want to call it on Delft Way with a lot of other people .

There are a lot of signs up some under bushes some high up which lead you to believe that the parking restriction is for the car park in front of the relative business as Delft Way is a privet road.

are you sure ignoring these people is the correct course of action.
    Originally posted by James Jobson
    No, and it's not what this forum tells you in the NEWBIES FAQS thread. See below, where to click.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 35,573 Posts
    • 19,789 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    The Sig at the bottom of the post you quoted shows the way to the FAQ
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Feb 18, 7:00 PM
    • 57,392 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What does 'see below' mean...look at my posting signature under everything I say.

I will NOT provide a link to the NEWBIES thread. Never do, I don't need to. My signature tells you.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-02-2018 at 7:38 PM.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Feb 18, 7:38 PM
    • 57,392 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That's why my signature has the information you keep asking for...it's why you don't need a link.

• alfa123
    • By alfa123 10th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alfa123
    Good evening all.........don't want to start a new thread for this query, I have received a letter from debt recovery company and I am keen on sending them a stern letter however I cant find a e-mail address to send it to so it looks like I will be posting one which im not to keen on, how would you recommend sending it? recorded? The company is dcbl

Thanks in advance.....
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    • 17,571 Posts
    • 27,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I am keen on sending them a stern letter
    How 'stern' can you go? What are you hoping to achieve?

how would you recommend sending it? recorded?
    Presume you mean 'Signed For'? Again for what purpose? Think about it, what if they refuse to accept it - many of these outfits refuse 'Signed For' mail - where does that leave you? Many have a PO box/mail drop address - no one can sign for anything there.

Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 about dealing with debt collectors.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • alfa123
    • By alfa123 11th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alfa123
    Hey Umkomaas, thanks for reply. I have read NEWBIES FAQ and recommendation is to send letter and there are suggested templates. Am I taking the wrong route? Where possible I would like to respond to letters that have been sent but if advice is not to then I'm happy to follow this but would appreciate some guidance and reasoning.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 6,644 Thanks
    KeithP
    Alfa123, did you read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread?

The guidance there seems to me to be pretty conclusive - ignore debt collector's letters.

The first line of that post is: 'IGNORE THE DEBT COLLECTORS' STAGE
    • alfa123
    • By alfa123 11th Mar 18, 10:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alfa123
    Thanks KeithP, ah ok I see, I made the mistake of clicking and reading one of the links in #4 which recommends sending a letter and also suggests templates. I will ignore as advised......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

80Posts Today

2,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin