Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 30th Jan 18, 11:57 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    0 WOW
    Wish I had stayed with Expedia
    • 30th Jan 18, 11:57 PM
    0 WOW
    Wish I had stayed with Expedia 30th Jan 18 at 11:57 PM
    So. I was looking for a holiday in June for 4 family members in 2 x twin rooms
    Found one on Expedia just right
    My wife found the same hotel on JET2
    10% Off (and it was cheaper)
    Twin or Double - Only 3 rooms left!!!
    Jet 2 website said we could finalise room detail later
    Not wanting to miss out on this bargain I clicked through, paid deposit. Still no detail???
    Contacted the hotel directly to request 2 twins
    Hotel said they can't guarantee double or twins????
    Contacted JET2 to cancel where their "head of customer service" said I can cancel but I lose my deposit
    I explained that they didn't advertise the reservation clearly and the holiday is not until June and neither airline nor hotel have incurred any costs yet so why keep my money? I went on, In fact the hotel have not even reserved me any rooms of any kind (because they can't "guarantee" bed type?) and still advertising "3 rooms only left"
    Which met with embarrassing silence from JET2 HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICES

I guess JET2 have no legal obligation to advertise room types whether or not it causes distress. They have my 250 and that's all that matters

Wish I had stayed with Expedia who would have let me choose 2 TWIN beds
    Last edited by ChrisK.....; 31-01-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Page 2
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 6th Feb 18, 8:59 PM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    My argument wasn't that because it was legal, it was therefore good customer service. I can think of plenty of legal things a company could do that would be poor customer service. But asking that the customer lives up to their end of the bargain they agreed to is certainly not one of them.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 6th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 1,333 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    Westin
    So - what are you going to do ChrisK?
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 10th Feb 18, 3:08 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    So - what are you going to do ChrisK?
    Originally posted by Westin
    I have got 5 months to look forward to having a miserable holiday and not going to book JET2 again. Although they won't worry since its more cost effective to get money from 10 new punters than to get 5 repeat bookings from one happy customer
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 10th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 2,201 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    k3lvc
    I have got 5 months to look forward to having a miserable holiday
    Originally posted by ChrisK.....
    Excellent choice - your family must love you
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 10th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    Excellent choice - your family must love you
    Originally posted by k3lvc
    Yeap. Only the second time I've booked a holiday and making them share a bed will definitely get me off their Christmas list. Teach me to stick to Expedia for my holiday shopping in future. I have until March to pay the balance or I may just let JET2 keep the money and shop somewhere else
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 12th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Teach me to stick to Expedia for my holiday shopping in future.
    Originally posted by ChrisK.....
    Again., Expedia cannot guarantee a certain room type if the hotel itself cannot.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

338Posts Today

4,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin