Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • debunked
    • By debunked 30th Jan 18, 8:27 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    debunked
    Looking to buy a new executive company car
    • 30th Jan 18, 8:27 PM
    Looking to buy a new executive company car 30th Jan 18 at 8:27 PM
    Hi,
    I am in the market to look for a brand new executive company car and will be looking to finance. I do have disposable monies to pay in cash, but want would to invest else hence the (n my view) more flexible finance route. I want something fairly sporty, comfortable, swift and has a bit of luxury. I only want a petrol, so have narrowed my choices to either the Jaguar XE-S, Kia Stinger GT-S or the BMW 340i M Sport. The Kia may look a bit odd compared to the other two cars mentioned but it has raving reviews and also has a cheaper asking price by quite a margin.

The Kia is a good £5k cheaper, comes with a 7 year warranty but I expect it to depreciate more quickly than the Jag and BMW. The Jag looks interesting with its all aluminium chassis and would be nice to have a car that isn't as common as the BMW, although for that matter the Kia would be even more rare! The face lifted BMW, appears to have very positive reviews but it also seems to be the more 'sporty' and 'hard edged' than the other two, which is something I am not sure I want.

Does anyone have any experience that they could kindly share?
Page 4
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 3rd Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2,259 Posts
    • 3,739 Thanks
    k3lvc
    My BIL bought an ex demo 3.0d Portfolio a few months ago. Beautiful thing. He'll flog it when the warranty expires though.
    Originally posted by motorguy
    I've just done exactly the same on an XF3.0d Portfolio S - £15k from Jaguar Approved Used with 2yrs servicing/warranty included and cleared £10k on sale with another 30k miles/2 years ownership - it cost me fuel/insurance and under £1k on brakes/tyres for a 275bhp beast that left the Joneses wanting to keep up

Would I run one without a warranty - not a chance - it had a couple of expensive trips to dealer/MOT issues but all sorted by excellent Jaguar dealer network
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 3rd Feb 18, 7:28 PM
    • 9,232 Posts
    • 14,239 Thanks
    worried jim
    Hardly a direct comparison, given :-
    • Its a 6 year old car not a new one
    • Its two size points above the cars hes looking at (and in fact the LWB variant so bigger again)
    • Far more power than hes looking at
    • Could throw up a muti £,£££ bill at any point - its still got £120,000 car running costs
    • It'll still depreciate from that point like snow dropping off a ditch anyway.
    True, but the power!
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 3rd Feb 18, 11:13 PM
    • 4,574 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    used Tesla
    Dont worry, be happy
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 4th Feb 18, 11:57 AM
    • 16,774 Posts
    • 9,952 Thanks
    motorguy
    I've just done exactly the same on an XF3.0d Portfolio S - £15k from Jaguar Approved Used with 2yrs servicing/warranty included and cleared £10k on sale with another 30k miles/2 years ownership - it cost me fuel/insurance and under £1k on brakes/tyres for a 275bhp beast that left the Joneses wanting to keep up

Would I run one without a warranty - not a chance - it had a couple of expensive trips to dealer/MOT issues but all sorted by excellent Jaguar dealer network
    Originally posted by k3lvc
    yes, i think if i was running one, it'd have to be new or approved used.

His was just a couple of months old. Cancelled order that they then put on as a demo.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 4th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    • 16,774 Posts
    • 9,952 Thanks
    motorguy
    True, but the power!
    Originally posted by worried jim
    Indeed.

I prefer something a bit smaller and more agile personally, but that would be a weapon, yes.

Four door hyperfast saloon - i'd probably go for a C63 or E63 if the space in a C wasnt enough.

Three years younger, and Approved Used

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710310811046?sort=year-desc&body-type=Saloon&aggregatedTrim=C63&model=C%20CLASS&mak e=MERCEDES-BENZ&fuel-type=Petrol&price-from=35000&postcode=sw1a1aa&price-to=40000&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Near ly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&page=1
    Last edited by motorguy; 04-02-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 4th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 10,733 Posts
    • 8,985 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    used Tesla
    Originally posted by maxmycardagain
    Stepson has one, quieter than the proverbial Rolls-Royce
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 6th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 9,232 Posts
    • 14,239 Thanks
    worried jim
    Indeed.

I prefer something a bit smaller and more agile personally, but that would be a weapon, yes.

Four door hyperfast saloon - i'd probably go for a C63 or E63 if the space in a C wasnt enough.

Three years younger, and Approved Used

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710310811046?sort=year-desc&body-type=Saloon&aggregatedTrim=C63&model=C%20CLASS&mak e=MERCEDES-BENZ&fuel-type=Petrol&price-from=35000&postcode=sw1a1aa&price-to=40000&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Near ly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&page=1
    That looks stunning. Something to aspire to.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • debunked
    • By debunked 7th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    debunked
    Thank you all for your input. Sorry to make a complete U-turn on this thread, but I have decided to purchase the BMW M3. I test drove it and instantly fell in love. Not to state the obvious but yes, it's more expensive than the aforementioned cars, but BMW are offering a very good discount as part of their lease offer. Hopefully I won't look like a complete douche driving this car(!) but, the drive surpasses my negative perceptions ten fold!
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 7th Feb 18, 6:17 AM
    • 2,259 Posts
    • 3,739 Thanks
    k3lvc
    Time for the custard test
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 8th Feb 18, 12:41 AM
    • 1,090 Posts
    • 1,234 Thanks
    treboeth
    Time for the custard test
    Originally posted by k3lvc
    Completely ignored my post maybe he will respond to yours
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 8th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    • 16,774 Posts
    • 9,952 Thanks
    motorguy
    Thank you all for your input. Sorry to make a complete U-turn on this thread, but I have decided to purchase the BMW M3. I test drove it and instantly fell in love. Not to state the obvious but yes, it's more expensive than the aforementioned cars, but BMW are offering a very good discount as part of their lease offer. Hopefully I won't look like a complete douche driving this car(!) but, the drive surpasses my negative perceptions ten fold!
    Originally posted by debunked
    Great car
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 8th Feb 18, 11:22 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    Great car
    We might have to switch a light on, it's getting a bit dark in here, or does it not matter...
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 9th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 16,774 Posts
    • 9,952 Thanks
    motorguy
    We might have to switch a light on, it's getting a bit dark in here, or does it not matter...
    Originally posted by Mercdriver
    I am sure the O/P will keep us updated with pics and progress....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,691Posts Today

8,589Users online

Martin's Twitter