New diary

Comments

• Can't believe it's been 5days since I last posted...where had the time gone?! Managed some more overtime, which will give my wage a nice boost this month. A few hours here and there adds up.

Hoping to get the debt down more this month: it's currently sits at-£3,459. I want it less than £2,600 this month. This will take a lot more work and budgeting than last month, but I'm wanting this gone as soon as possible and every penny I've earnt as overtime is going towards the debt as its money I hand budgeted for.

I still can't believe how my mind has changed on how I view money. I don't ever want to owe money again, the feelings linked with owing money are just not worth it:anxiety, stress, sleepless nights, worry etc-not worth it!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    That will be an amazing achievement, and if you keep up this momentum you're going to smash this in no time.

Are you reducing the overdraft each month or keeping it available until you've built up an emergency fund?
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• 1st March 2018.
    My debt now stands at £2600! It's going to be a VERY tight month, but I will make it! I've stocked up on cheap foods etc and very little planned for the month ahead.
    I obviously wish I did have things planned, but I can't as that is a want not a need. I've put on my calendar for a take away treat on pay day (March) as a reward. I probably shouldn't, but it won't cost anymore than £10. I want this debt gone as fast as possible, been too many years!

I'm hoping for lots more overtime this month, even if my eyes are tired, I need to do it. My overtime from the past couple of months have knocked this debt down by a lot, so so glad I didn't use it as 'extra' spending money (done this in the past!) and used it towards the debt!

Going to do a new plan for next month with my debt now at £2600. To see if I can get it paid off quicker!

It's my birthday next week, so I've asked for money. I've spoken to family about how they'd feel if I used that money to pay towards debt and thankfully they 100% agree. When they asked what I wanted for my b-day, I said to be nearer being debt free and pressure free; they agree and say what ever makes me happy. It's better than wasting it on a night out with only a hangover to show-usually what I do!

I need it gone, had enough! To even look at a credit card make me want to vomit!!

I was speaking to my friends the other day, I know she has a lot of debt; always has. However, I think it's getting to the point of red letter time, I've spoken to her and she knows my situation and how I've been paying this debt down for over 2years. She knows I've had to say no to a lot of things, but I explained that was my fault for getting in the mess in the first place. Sadly, she isn't at the 'light bulb moment' yet and doesn't seem to want to deal with this head on, but to bury her head! I've explained about this site and they are people to talk to, free of charge etc but seemed to fall on deaf ears. I will keep trying and stand by for hopefully the lightbulb moment!

Happy Thursday!
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    well done on your savings etc and being nearly debt free, think ive got a bit of time before mine this year will be scrimping to pay them , glad your phone is out of contract everytime mine has done that my phone broke,
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • Hey Fatrab, how are things?

Reducing chunks monthly, but not all (just incase) I'm hoping by April to have it completely paid and gone with £400/£500 saved.

I won't know what to do with my wage when I get a full wage-I'll feel rich! However, I always have plans in place to start all my savings pots and I'm still going to pay the amount I pay out now, but give myself and extra £100 to play with. I'll build up £1000-£2000 emergency fund first.

Then look at savings 6months worth of expenses etc.

I just can't wait to get rid of my OD completely! Never again!!

Hope is going well for you.
  • 4th March. I've had a very productive day so far, although I must admit that I was tempted to stay in bed and do nothing! (Sick of the weather now!)
    However, I forced myself out and to get a few essentials and walked so I didn't use petrol, so a good 1 1/2 walk, some fresh air and only £4.94 spent as I forced myself to shop around!

Next on the list it to make lunches for this week and get clothes organised (ironed etc) I do think if you start a Monday on a positive and organised, you can handle the week that little bit better. (In my head anyway)

Changed bedding, shower and wash hair (I hate it-hairs too long!) Then read a couple more chapters of my book with the candles lit and under my big blanket-bliss!

Will do another money plan at some point this week, usually do this every few days to keep track.

Happy Sunday!
  • 5th March.
    Great, productive day today.! Got so much done! Got up early, did 45mins exercise before work (wakes me up) walked to work, went for a quick 20 min power walk at lunch and walked home. Got lots done at work, and super organised. Amazing how much a good sleep can focus you for the day-love it!

Tonight's jobs- prepare lunch for tomorrow, shower, read another two chapters of book, switch TV off by 9pm (I'm terrible for falling asleep with it on!) and have a good sleep.

Jobs for tomorrow-up early again for exercise, walk to work, pop to chemist for blood pressure check and flu jab, prepare Weds lunch, ask about overtime and what ever else pops up.

Happy Monday!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Hi, good to hear that you're making a big dent in things!

I like those days when you get things done, they help get you into a better frame of mind and keep the momentum going.

Hope you have a great Birthday when it comes! Best wishes :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Thank you, Fatrab.

Glad it's Friday-exhausted, but in a good way.

Will update later when not so rushed for time.

Happy Friday!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Almost there now :).

Believe me you will have no problem with allocating your wage once you have no debt. Note I say allocating, not spending so the money is there for things you want to do now or in the future and not paying for past mistakes.

Good idea to give yourself a bit more spending money although I am not one for spending money for the sake of it, not being a great lover of shopping.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure