Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kimbersshells
    • By Kimbersshells 30th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kimbersshells
    Allay claims PPI
    • 30th Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    Allay claims PPI 30th Jan 18 at 8:51 AM
    My mum was contacted by phone by Allay claims about PPI. She has previously had an IVA so I am assuming they have gained her details from that. They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is 4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced. I do feel like they pushed her into something she didn't have a clue about.
Page 2
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 26th Mar 19, 10:38 AM
    • 98,249 Posts
    • 66,463 Thanks
    dunstonh
    My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.
    Allay seems to be a hard sell uncaring organisation and I suggest it is removed from the MSE site.
    Originally posted by trishandmichael
    Where have you seen a reference to MSE recommending Allay claims (or any other CMC)?

As mentioned above, MSE do not recommend any CMC. So, either she has been scammed by the claims company or she is mistaken.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 26th Mar 19, 10:51 AM
    • 23,592 Posts
    • 12,931 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    They are all hard sell uncaring organisations.
    Originally posted by -taff
    I agree.
    This is why this site does not recommend their use, nor advertise any individual firms..
    • deecusally
    • By deecusally 9th May 19, 12:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    deecusally
    Hi I am using another claims company but have been phoned so many times by Ally re "my claim" cottoned on they were fishing for more info each tome and denying I had sent paperwork back to them . I rang the company I am dealing with and they are still processing my case . I rang back Allaye on a different number from the most recent call from them it is the same female who recognised my phone number although I had rung a different number from them - this seems very fishy. She did say she would remove me from their system but I am still concerned about how they got my info and why the constant calls.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th May 19, 1:05 PM
    • 22,026 Posts
    • 24,012 Thanks
    zx81
    I am still concerned about how they got my info and why the constant calls.
    Originally posted by deecusally
    Once you sign up to a claims company, particularly in pre-GDPR days, you generally get added to a 'suckers list' of people who are likely to buy anything.

You'll just have to ask them all to remove your details.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th May 19, 1:12 PM
    • 23,592 Posts
    • 12,931 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    She did say she would remove me from their system
    Originally posted by deecusally
    I think you'll need to write to them formally requesting that they delete any records they have on you.
    • Biffa Beer Can
    • By Biffa Beer Can 16th May 19, 6:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Biffa Beer Can
    I do not appreciate being called a liar Nasqueron and would hope you'd take that back and apologise.
    Did you read my post properly or did you just go off on your snidey search of my record on here. I don't post on here normally because I can usually find the advice I need from friendly helpful people.

Here are the facts:
    1. I reclaimed almost 15000 from Barclays myself
    2. I thought I'd claimed everything I was due to
    3. For 5 minutes filling a form in it was worth a try in case I'd missed something.
    4. They found something I'd never heard of i.e. Money paid to Barclays by the insurance company for the business put their way
    5. I wouldn't have had that 24% in my wallet as I had no clue about the point above.
    6. I can send you the correspondence from the firm if you're still convinced I'm a liar but I'm a decent person who gets quite upset about being labelled badly by someone who clearly doesn't know me.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th May 19, 9:12 AM
    • 7,369 Posts
    • 4,640 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    I do not appreciate being called a liar Nasqueron and would hope you'd take that back and apologise.
    Did you read my post properly or did you just go off on your snidey search of my record on here. I don't post on here normally because I can usually find the advice I need from friendly helpful people.

Here are the facts:
    1. I reclaimed almost 15000 from Barclays myself
    2. I thought I'd claimed everything I was due to
    3. For 5 minutes filling a form in it was worth a try in case I'd missed something.
    4. They found something I'd never heard of i.e. Money paid to Barclays by the insurance company for the business put their way
    5. I wouldn't have had that 24% in my wallet as I had no clue about the point above.
    6. I can send you the correspondence from the firm if you're still convinced I'm a liar but I'm a decent person who gets quite upset about being labelled badly by someone who clearly doesn't know me.
    Originally posted by Biffa Beer Can

I didn't say you were a liar, I pointed out that you have not posted on here for 7 years but suddenly came in and posted to promote a claims firm.

Points 2/3/4 are irrelevant - you could have done this yourself simply by asking the bank, the claims firm didn't find out anything special, they just sent speculative letters out which you could have done for the price of a stamp. For the time you spent with the claims firm, all you needed to do was speak to the bank
    • -taff
    • By -taff 18th May 19, 5:58 AM
    • 10,061 Posts
    • 13,329 Thanks
    -taff
    Originally posted by Biffa Beer Can

That's a Plevin payout then, which all frims have to consider in light of the PLevin ruling. They would have got round to you eventually without the CMC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,713Posts Today

7,026Users online

Martin's Twitter