Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnS123
    • By JohnS123 30th Jan 18, 7:50 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JohnS123
    Remortgaging shared ownership property
    • 30th Jan 18, 7:50 AM
    Remortgaging shared ownership property 30th Jan 18 at 7:50 AM
    Having a look on the in Mortgages > Best buys (on this website, sorry is not letting me post a link) there are some great deals available. What I mean by a great deal is a mortgage on a Variable rate at a low interest rate (currently showing as 1.64%). There is also no expire date which means there is no follow-up rate at the end of term to worry about as those are much higher such as 2.99%.

As a sharedownership owner, I donít seem to be free to select any lender as I want to fit my needs. After calling few and mentioning sharedownership, they say that they can not offer me a mortgage. I seem to be stuck with just Barclays, HSBC, NatWest or Santander.

It seems that if I want to keep a low interest rate, I will have to pay £999 product fee every two years. All mortgages offered to me have a good rate for two years and then it goes substantially higher, so I will have to change the mortgage again.

My goal is to payoff the mortgage as soon as possible so variable rate mortgage with no overpayments limits seems right.

Please, share your experience with me and any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • simond83
    • By simond83 17th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    simond83
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    http://www.legalandgeneral.com/files/mortgageclub/_pdfs/government-housing-schemes-matrix040118.pdf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,613Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin