Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ironing? No idea what that is!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Afternoon Diary,

Apologies for not posting had a busy few days! DD had a competition Sunday and we didn't get in until 9pm :eek:. Still it was a NSD :D.
    Yesterday was first day back at work and it went well. Spent £10 on petrol and £6 on a few bits in Mr T's express. Ate healthily and then went spinning which I hated!!!

Today is a NSD (for now will explain in a min). Went to work as normal this morning but got a call at work after 1pm to go collect DD2 from school. She was totally fine when I dropped her at breakfast club but had become unwell and fallen asleep! Ive given her calpol and put her into bed but she's absolutely burning up. I hope the school passed on the message for DD1 to walk home or else she won't know whats going on! Were running a bit low on calpol but have loads of ibuprofen so will see how she goes but it may end up a spend day if I need to go and buy some. Will call it a NSD for now.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - nannas magic soup, wholemeal bread, grapes and penguin
    Tea - pasta bake and garlic bread
    Snacks - banana and crisps

Positives:
    * should be NSD6 of 8
    * the sun is shining (even had to open the windows as it was stifling in the living room!)
    * 6 days until payday :beer:

Redo and Beanie, I do like to keep up to my ironing if possible!!! I actually don't mind it if its under control :rotfl:.

Hope all ok x
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    Hope your DD is on the mend soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Afternoon Diary,

Another lovely bright day here. DD2 had a very unsettled night so is off school today. She hasnt had any medicine since first thing this morning and seems to be keeping the temperature down so hopefully she can be back to school tomorrow. She certainly looks a lot better this afternoon. Ive been to work this morning whilst DH worked from home and he's now gone in for the afternoon.
    I didn't buy any calpol, I tried her with 1/2 a paracetamol snapped into about 6 pieces and she managed it so will try with just this going forward as its sooo much cheaper and she is 9 now.

Popped into Mr T's exp on way home to buy some bread, butter, potatoes and crisps, it came to £5.95. Really fancied a cheese toastie for lunch so had that and it hit the spot!

Food:
    Breakfast - weetabix
    Lunch - cheese toastie and slice of toast
    Tea - roast beef (from freezer), yorkshire puddings, mash, carrots and peas
    Snack - penguin biscuit

Positives from today:
    * DD2 is feeling better
    * cashed out £1.58 from Quidc0 :money: every little helps

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Glad DD is feeling a bit better Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Glad that DD is on the mend.

• Afternoon Diary,

Just having 5 mins before getting the kitchen sorted out and getting ready for spinning. DD2 is at dancing and DD1 hasnt been in from after school football for long. DD2 is much better today so went back to school, thanks for your well wishes PLMBL and Beanie.

So today is NSD7 of 8 :D. There is no reason why I shouldn't reach my target before the 1st March.

Food:
    Breakfast - weetabix
    Lunch - pesto pasta, cucumber and sunbites
    Tea - bolognaise
    Snacks - grapes, crispy bun and cheese toastie :cool:
    Gym - spinning

Positives:
    * NSD
    * remembered to cancel sp0tify after my special offer otherwise would have been charged £9.99

Think thats about all really, hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad DD is feeling better :)

I'm also on NSD 7.

I love my Spotify and find it well worth £9.99 a month to be able to listen when offline. I have playlists I listen to when walking to and from work.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Think I am on NSD 17!!
    Amazing what being skint does!!

• Afternoon Diary,

Its turned out to be a lovely day here, cold but sunny :D.

Had a busy day, cracked straight on with the cleaning this morning and then DD2 and I went to Mr T's for a few things we can't get in Mr Al's.
    Had a couple of spends yesterday and today:
    £9 - in farmshop on pastys and sausages
    £65 - Mr Al's - feel stocked up again now :D
    £40 - petrol
    £11 - Mr T's on wrapping paper, kievs, fahita mix, fish, chocolate spread and deodorant

Just got home from 2 hours at the play gym for my nephews birthday. Sister sent me home with cake so just having that with a cuppa :D

Not too much to report really! Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport