Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 29th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 6,183Posts
    • 22,712Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route
    • 29th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route 29th Jan 18 at 8:49 PM
    Evening Diary,

Well there seems to be so many diaries being deleted at the moment I have decided to start a new one to try and preserve my history on here.

My first diary can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2311479&page=265

So I started in March 2010 and it hasn't always been an easy route but weve managed to pay off quite a bit of our debt and we stand at £6069.37 today. We probably could have paid the debt off my now but we are enjoying our life (taking the scenic route) with our two girls (now aged 11 and 9). They are growing up too fast before my eyes, wish time would slow down a bit.

So feel free to join my ramblings... usually about my MSE ways, what I eat and the all important pegging out in the summer .

Mummytogirls xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £5419.83 - 08/04/18 - 76.61% paid off
Page 7
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 8th Mar 18, 4:48 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Afternoon Diary,

OMG what a day! Had another snow day today! Woke up to a light dusting and half an hour later it was like Narnia! The roads round here were totally gridlocked and it took DH over an hour to move half a mile so he turned round and came back. I set off with the girls and was going to be collected by someone from work and they never made it to me. Our Head rung and told me to go back home and send some texts as she was closing our school. Have worked at home today as loads to do and its getting a bit tedious now!
    Did bring my nail appointment forward to earlier in the day since I was at home though . First time I've had them done since January so really enjoyed having them done again. This was budgeted from my own spending money. Other spends today were £3 in the coop on milk and cookies.

Food:
    Breakfast - usual!
    Brunch - crumpets
    Snack - crackers and butter
    Tea - jacket potato topped with chilli and cheese
    Gym - spinning

Not the healthiest of days!! Havent really eaten much to be fair. I did take some curry and rice out of the freezer for my lunch but ended up putting it back!

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Mar 18, 8:49 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sometimes its lovely to have a wee treat.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 8th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    • 5,832 Posts
    • 38,536 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Oh no to more snow Hope it's short lived.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £296.07
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £2000/£10,000
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 10th Mar 18, 6:17 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Wow Saturday evening already! The snow was short lived SA, it was pretty much gone on the roads by the end of the day. We still have a biggish patch in the garden where the girls have been making a igloo! Its slowly going with the rain now.

So last night I went out with work for one of the girls hen do. Wow what a funny night, spent just over £30 so not too bad. Ive been suffering today, not like my usual hangover but really tired. Managed to get DD to dancing before 9 too! Luckily I could walk as I wouldn't have been able to drive.

Other than that I've made us a roast chicken for tea. Going to have to be washing and ironing on Mothers Day as I've not done any since mid week and its overflowing. DH would usually do it but he's pulled his back and is in absolute agony .

Today has been NSD4 of 10

Happy Saturday night all xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 10th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Also just got round to updating my signature too xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 10th Mar 18, 8:09 PM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 10,738 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Hope you feel better in the morning, poor OH and his back too.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    Fab new signature

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 11th Mar 18, 3:20 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Afternoon Diary,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUMS

Quite a chilled out day here, did the rounds with my mum and MIL this morning. Came home and DH cooked a bacon sandwich which was delicious. The girls made me some lovely cards and bought some chocolates and an orchid since I overwatered my last one .

Small spend of £4 in Mr T's on ice cream and lemonade for after our tea tonight. We are having a takeaway pizza since we haven't had one in like forever! Cant actually wait to stuff my face haha!

DH is still struggling with his back, although it has eased since we sprayed on some deep heat at MIL's.

Think thats about all. Hope everyones enjoying their day xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • moneyonmymindsam
    • By moneyonmymindsam 11th Mar 18, 4:12 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 4,291 Thanks
    moneyonmymindsam
    WOW your signature is looking great
    Emergency Fund Challenge
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 11th Mar 18, 4:32 PM
    • 4,426 Posts
    • 30,685 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Happy mother's day MTG, chocs and an orchid sound great .

Congrats on your new signature . I hope DH's back improves (so he can do the ironing ).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 11th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 10,738 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Hope the pizza is lovely
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 12th Mar 18, 8:54 PM
    • 5,832 Posts
    • 38,536 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad you had a nice day - I got an orchid from my DD too, it's surprising how long they last if you look after them (LOL).
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £296.07
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £2000/£10,000
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 12th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 14,087 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope the takeaway was good and you had a lovely evening

Loving the new sig

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 13th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Evening Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up whilst catching up with some TV.

Thank you for your all your lovely messages, our take away was delicious! Been back on it since though.

Yesterday was NSD5 of 10, really pleased I'm nearly half way to target and its not quite half way through the month yet.

Today has been a spend day. £21 on a top up of petrol and £3 in Mr Al's on milk and juice as couldn't wait until Friday.

Had a busy day with work, Mr Al's and then DD's swimming lesson. DD's cooked the tea again tonight which was delicious again, although they had gone a bit wild with the old chillies .

Tomorrow the weather is looking nice here so I have got my washing loaded up to go out on the patio on the airer. Cant get the proper line out yet as the garden is far too boggy down at the bottom. It won't fully dry but even if I only put it in the dryer for 30 mins its a lot less than over an hour. Pegging out has begun .

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 16th Mar 18, 2:11 PM
    • 4,426 Posts
    • 30,685 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    How lovely to be able to put washing outside . Our weather has been pretty good since the snow melted, apart from the odd day of rain. I'm not looking forward to it getting colder again at the weekend though .

Have a lovely Friday .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 16th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Afternoon Diary,

Wow Friday its been a long week since I've not done a full one for a few weeks ha!!!

Absolutely shattered today and not feeling 100%, not poorly just tired I think, was in bed for 7.30 last night.

So today is NSD7 , probably won't have one for a couple of days now though (maybe could get one tomorrow).

DD's both not in the best of moods since coming home from school. DD2 was absolutely raging that she hasnt been given a handwriting pen even though she was almost promised one by the teacher. I explained maybe her writing wasn't quite there yet which obviously went down like a lead balloon . Just leaving them to their own devices for the moment as don't want it carrying on into the weekend.

So HHOD my washing actually fully dried the other day! I just put it on the radiators for half an hour to make doubly sure but it was all ironed and put back away that night.

Its been so damp and foggy here for a couple of days with snow forecast again overnight. Ive parked my car off the street in preparation as I need to get DD to her competition on Saturday and I've no chance if its parked on the street.

Think thats all. Happy Friday all xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 17th Mar 18, 1:38 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Afternoon Diary,

The snow is back here , really wish it would just do one now! Its really windy too.

So today, well I won't be leaving the house as I'm not even dressed . Decided I might aswell just cook tea now and then get showered as I can't stand food smell on me! Should be a NSD no 8 of 10 .

Im just on my 3rd load of washing today and I've been ironing as its been coming out of the dryer.

The battle with DD1 continues! She has one job to do for her phone which is unloading the dishwasher. She's asked us to stop nagging at her so weve agreed previously thats fine and she needs to do it off her own back. This hasnt worked so I've just said fine me and Dad will do it and I've taken the phone back! Im sick of the kitchen being a mess with dishes and plates all over the place. This one is almost definitely going to have to learn the hard way. If she was older I think id have to ask her to move out .

Think thats all really. DD2 and I are out at a competition tomorrow so thats a full day out. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 17th Mar 18, 2:01 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 22,712 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    DD1 has just been telling DH that were the worst parents as none of her friends have to work for phones/spending money. Q 2 of her friends knocking on the door so I did a quick poll
    They both agreed yes they do and one of the boys said he cleans and hoovers. In your face DD1 xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • louby40
    • By louby40 17th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 3,694 Thanks
    louby40
    Lol! Kids - who'd have them eh! My youngest son is not doing his homework, he's in Y10 so GCSE stuff. I've told him when he comes home from his dads on Sunday afternoon his PS4 will be missing until the homework is done!

Mean but needs must!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 55,015 Posts
    • 219,637 Thanks
    beanielou
    More snow here too.

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin