Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RiversTam
    • By RiversTam 29th Jan 18, 8:29 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 71Thanks
    RiversTam
    Builder has hidden poop in my floors!
    • 29th Jan 18, 8:29 PM
    Builder has hidden poop in my floors! 29th Jan 18 at 8:29 PM
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place - sorry if it needs moving!

Anyway, we have had a joiner and plasterer in for the last 4 weeks, and we discovered today that one of them has had a poop and hidden it under out kitchen floor! They even screwed the boards down to make sure it wasn't found - it was a fluke we even looked, as kitchen flooring was due to be fitted today.
    So we had the boards up Sat 20th, and we didn't screw them down, then it was noticed they had been screwed down Friday 26th, so it has happened between those dates.
    I have had the joiner back Monday 22nd as his work needed redoing - and the plasterer has been there during the week to finish little bits.
    I wasn't happy with the joiners work and had told him this at the weekend before he came back, and the boards have been screwed down with 4 inch nails and drilled right in, so I have a gut feeling it was him. I have spoke to the gaffer (the work is done through one man providing the workman etc) and he's been and seen the mess tonight, but his workers are denying it all (obviously).
    I have rang the police to report it and asked for all the time sheets from the gaffer (who is happy to help, cause he's worried about his reputation) - but is there anything I can actually do? They've put poo covered toilet roll and wood pieces down there, so all the wiring and pipes need cleaning, which will be my job no doubt, and now I'm having all the floor boards lifted tomorrow to check for more surprises.

TlR - builder left poo under floorboards, and screwed it all down knowing we were having flooring fitted today....is there anything I can do???
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Page 4
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 30th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 20,397 Posts
    • 12,627 Thanks
    dacouch
    I think it was the crapenter
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 11th Feb 18, 1:47 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    We had a phantom caca man at work a long time again.

He use to like to have a dump not flush and then wipe himself in the next cubicle. Its was he's signature......well he found it funny!
    • RiversTam
    • By RiversTam 11th Feb 18, 2:16 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    RiversTam
    Final update - police said it is criminal damage and were actually really helpful, but since he denied it to the police they couldn't do much more and I didn't expect them to. The police said due to it being malicious and needing cleaning up that they classed is as criminal damage (Just in case anyone else has this problem!)

Joiner admitted it was him to his boss and was sacked - and I heard through the grapevine that he had caused damage in other people's homes when told his work was poor (holes in carpets etc) so obviously was just a spiteful git.

I decided not to put any reviews online since the guy was sacked from the business, and I was given a discount as well as all my floorboards taken up and checked as an apology.
    So, lesson learned - don't leave workmen alone in the house!

If nothing else it has given everyone a good laugh #poogate
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 11th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 15,391 Posts
    • 42,878 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Glad to hear he's got his come-uppance and it's all worked out in the end.

Fair enough to let the firm as a whole off the hook - as they did take appropriate action.

Hopefully you've saved some other people from whatever stunt he might think up next - be it poo, damaging carpets or whatever else he might come up with.
    Fastest way to get a headache = try and make someone that thinks for themselves conform to local "group think"
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 11th Feb 18, 5:04 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    capital0ne
    Maybe it was a squatter (no pun intended) and not the builder, neveretheless the building company should ensure the site is secure overnight.
    • RiversTam
    • By RiversTam 11th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    RiversTam
    Maybe it was a squatter (no pun intended) and not the builder, neveretheless the building company should ensure the site is secure overnight.
    Originally posted by capital0ne
    We normally checked the house on a night, it was always secure, and I doubt a squatter would go to the effort of screwing the floorboards down after him especially when there was a toilet upstairs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,357Users online

Martin's Twitter