Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 6,422Posts
    • 23,788Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)
    • 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2) 29th Jan 18 at 7:31 PM
    Hi, for those following my previous diary ď Back, still in debt, probably depressed and not a lot going right Ē, Iím not sure what happened to it. It just disappeared overnight. Iíve reported it but read a lot of threads are disappearing.

So if youíre new to my diary.... hello!! If you read my previous diary welcome back and thank you for trying to find me.

So today, I was telling my boss about my health. I thought he was going to cry and he asked me to send him an email confirming what I told him.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Page 8
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Mar 18, 1:10 PM
    • 53,900 Posts
    • 213,190 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey, that is so so not fair.
    When do you hope to get the house on the market?
    Is there a lot to be done?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Jox
    • By Jox 7th Mar 18, 1:13 PM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 2,764 Thanks
    Jox
    Have you had an estate agent round to value the house as it is? Might be worth trying to sell it without doing the work?

Try not to bail hubby out anymore, he needs to learn the hard way!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 53,900 Posts
    • 213,190 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have you had an estate agent round to value the house as it is? Might be worth trying to sell it without doing the work?

Try not to bail hubby out anymore, he needs to learn the hard way!
    Originally posted by Jox
    I also agree with Jo & think you should get an estate agent round & see what they say.
    When the house next door went on the market they advised them what to do before it went on the market.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 7th Mar 18, 2:51 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 606 Thanks
    Mnd
    I tend to agree with this. TBH it don't sound as though it's ever going to get done, so why stress out over it
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 7th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 12,125 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I agree with this as well. It might be better just to put it on the market as it is. Depending on what needs done a buyer might prefer to do it themselves anyway.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 7th Mar 18, 4:54 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 31,766 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Uni, having spent the last 30 years of my working life involved either in property selling or buying I agree with what the others have said, at least get a couple of valuations as it stands and also if you are able to get the work done, as it really sounds if OH will not get around to it in a decent time scale.

Get through this medical stuff and then gear yourself up to take his tantrums and stop bailing him out.
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 7th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Have things been sorted out now at work? I know that things were a bit fraught there a while ago.
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Mar 18, 11:01 AM
    • 53,900 Posts
    • 213,190 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you got the result that you wanted last night.

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 8th Mar 18, 12:44 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Very quick update as I am at work (tea break):

House to be sold? Yes I got advice and got told to paint, change a few carpets etc as could make 20K difference as there are new houses at other end of the town so doing mine up would mean someone gets the same spec house with larger mature garden, larger driveway, fences (new ones don't have any) and walk in condition. New ones have no carpets, curtain poles,
    Light fittings etc.

Work - signed off my review yesterday!!

Hospital- tomorrow

LO - costume finished
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Mar 18, 1:46 PM
    • 53,900 Posts
    • 213,190 Thanks
    beanielou
    Very quick update as I am at work (tea break):

House to be sold? Yes I got advice and got told to paint, change a few carpets etc as could make 20K difference as there are new houses at other end of the town so doing mine up would mean someone gets the same spec house with larger mature garden, larger driveway, fences (new ones don't have any) and walk in condition. New ones have no carpets, curtain poles,
    Light fittings etc.

Work - signed off my review yesterday!!

Hospital- tomorrow

LO - costume finished
    Originally posted by Uniscots97
    Great advice then as that is a big price difference there.
    Good news on work review & hope that hospital goes well.

***Keep plodding***
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 8th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 9th Mar 18, 11:33 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Well I had my appointment and I cried, the consultant had to tell me the best to worst. Yes I have a tumour, it could be a cyst or benign or not. He's referring me for tests. He said that the majority of these (it's on my thyroid) are benign. Feel a bit weird
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 10th Mar 18, 12:38 AM
    • 1,600 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    badmemory
    He said that the majority of these (it's on my thyroid) are benign. Feel a bit weird
    Originally posted by Uniscots97
    And he is so right - the problem with the thyroid is that it controls so much of us & until it goes dodgy most of us have no idea it even exists. If it goes into overdrive then you are looking at weight loss, HR going so high it can cause angina. If it decides it is going to resign then you are looking at weight gain, depression (probably depressed !!!) & always feeling cold.

The really good news is that (& I am sure it is) if it is benign, even if they have to remove some then the worst outcome will be taking levothyroxine sodium for the rest of you life. Less side effects than just about any other medication available.

Time to start feeling really positive it isn't throat cancer.

• badmemory
    • By badmemory 10th Mar 18, 12:40 AM
    • 1,600 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    badmemory
    Sorry should have asked - how soon to your op?
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 10th Mar 18, 7:49 AM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 31,766 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Pleased that you have some answers, best to know what you are dealing with. Someone whose diary I read from time to time, in her 30's had the op, medication is sorted, runs park runs, cycles, stressful job is absolutely fine and I believe you get free prescriptions for life for everything.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 10th Mar 18, 8:07 AM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Thanks badmemory, theyve not ruled anything out at the moment until I have the tests. Just waiting to hear when they will be done.
    • Sugarcandy
    • By Sugarcandy 10th Mar 18, 8:44 AM
    • 380 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    Sugarcandy
    I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I've been through all this and I found the time leading up to the op so hard. Wishing you all the best xx
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 10th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    • 1,600 Posts
    • 2,098 Thanks
    badmemory
    I believe you get free prescriptions for life for everything.
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    Yes you do - 29 yrs & counting. To be honest I have never really understood why they should all be free but I suppose it would have been difficult to set up a system which charged for some & not for others.

Hope you get those tests very soon!
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 10th Mar 18, 9:22 AM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I've been through all this and I found the time leading up to the op so hard. Wishing you all the best xx
    Originally posted by Sugarcandy
    Mailbox emptied. Sorry
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 10th Mar 18, 11:38 AM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Just got the letter through for the re-arranged NHS appointment that they cancelled and it's not for another month. I'll phone on Monday and cancel the appointment.

I've added 60p to my total for bag savings.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,355Posts Today

5,745Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin