Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 6,422Posts
    • 23,788Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)
    • 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2) 29th Jan 18 at 7:31 PM
    Hi, for those following my previous diary ď Back, still in debt, probably depressed and not a lot going right Ē, Iím not sure what happened to it. It just disappeared overnight. Iíve reported it but read a lot of threads are disappearing.

So if youíre new to my diary.... hello!! If you read my previous diary welcome back and thank you for trying to find me.

So today, I was telling my boss about my health. I thought he was going to cry and he asked me to send him an email confirming what I told him.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Page 7
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Mar 18, 10:59 AM
    • 53,979 Posts
    • 213,897 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the CC
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 3rd Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Going slightly stir crazy being in because of the snow and can't believe there might be more on the way. Realised last night car insurance is due but haven't had my renewal through. Anyone else ever had that? It's nots due up till next week thankfully so time to sort it out.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 3rd Mar 18, 12:26 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Right phoned car insurance and it's not due for 2 weeks. They said they'd had problems with the paper renewals, when I said I hadn't had my email but received other emails from them they looked into it. My renewal had been sent to my old email address! Yet I've received other emails. The price isnt too bad, I have saved up most of mine but OH will have to pay me (back) for his (multi car policy) but it's on my credit card . Not how I would have preferred it but at least its paid.

I have managed to get an appointment about the lump for next week. I have had to go private using medical insurance I have through work and yes it will cost me £100 excess but I dont think my sanity will take waiting any longer.

With he extra expenditure I need to up my efforts to clear whats been spent and help to clear the rest of my debt. Ive got my monthly direct debits down by £30 a month from next month.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Mar 18, 3:02 PM
    • 53,979 Posts
    • 213,897 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the appointment, well worth the 100 quid.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 3rd Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    I hope you have checked your car insurance on some of the comparison sites to make sure you are indeed being offered a good deal?

Fully understand about the lump - £100 is not much for the relief of knowing exactly what is causing it.
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 3rd Mar 18, 4:58 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    Mnd
    Defo go for the private insurance..I had prostate problems a few years ago and my wife added me to her works private insurance scheme
    For peace of mind it's worth it
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 3rd Mar 18, 10:03 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    I hope you have checked your car insurance on some of the comparison sites to make sure you are indeed being offered a good deal?

Fully understand about the lump - £100 is not much for the relief of knowing exactly what is causing it.
    Originally posted by CapricornLass
    I have yes, I normally run it at start of the year, same with ISA, savings etc and it's £30 cheaper than next best. £100 is a small price to pay for peace of mind, it is really playing on my mind
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 3rd Mar 18, 10:08 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Defo go for the private insurance..I had prostate problems a few years ago and my wife added me to her works private insurance scheme
    For peace of mind it's worth it
    Originally posted by Mnd
    Thanks Mnd, I am glad I took out the insurance with my work. When we were offered it there was a lot of people not wanting it even though work paid for each worker) instead wanting the money to use for their pension. I too chose to add my family and that I do have to pay for (£45 a month) but the offset the company paid us actually pays it and I still have the same wage as before. I didnt see the point in just myself having it. I cant believe how quickly the appointment has come through. Days vs nearly 2 months
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 4th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    Mnd
    What I found so good, was the certainty of same consultant and definate appointment times.as you say there is a cost involved but to us it has been worth ut
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 4th Mar 18, 4:06 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Today so far has not been a good day, OH trying to kick off an argument because he has lost something. LO should not be seeing behaviour like that and when I told him he is now sulking in another room watching YouTube
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 4th Mar 18, 4:23 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 31,767 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Let him sulk, any chance you can quietly fit a lock and seal him in there until he begins to act like an adult.

Neither you or LO should have to tolerate such behaviour from a grown man. Hopefully you can get this appointment done and dusted, deal with whatever it throws up and then find some way of minimising the upset he causes, dreadful memory here, do you have a property to sort out and sell?

Take care, chin up, you have lots of support here on your diary
    • Lilith1980
    • By Lilith1980 4th Mar 18, 4:36 PM
    • 1,791 Posts
    • 5,086 Thanks
    Lilith1980
    Sorry to hear about your OH.I think it's a good idea to leave him sulking, maybe he'll think it over and realise his behaviour isn't appropriate.

It sounds like the private healthcare was a good investment, and the £100 excess is worth your peace of mind. I really should look into it, although I did look a few years' ago and for me and my husband it was £90 per month (he's 16 years older than me). I can't afford that right now but will look into it once my salary increases (hopefully around June time!).
    My debt-free diary
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 4th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 12,130 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Let him sulk, any chance you can quietly fit a lock and seal him in there until he begins to act like an adult
    Harsh but I'm very much inclined to agree. It's a shame that you have to go privately and pay but I can totally understand that it's worth it to you. I hope you get an appointment very soon and that it's nothing to worry about.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Mar 18, 7:08 PM
    • 53,979 Posts
    • 213,897 Thanks
    beanielou
    Your OH sounds like a spoilt child who needs to grow up. Sorry.

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 4th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Your OH sounds like a spoilt child who needs to grow up. Sorry.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Dont be sorry, it's true and I appreciate the the support
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 53,979 Posts
    • 213,897 Thanks
    beanielou
    I had to have a wee chat with my DS about pulling his weight & helping out & not leaving everything to his GF.
    It was not how he was brought up.
    I so feel for you.

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 7th Mar 18, 6:16 AM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Sorry not been about. I cannot wait to see Hospital about my neck. Work is really busy and came home to a burst pipe. Temporarily fixed until Friday, electricity bill came in and my Mum paid it before I got to see it (one less thing to worry about she said). OH texted me yesterday while I was at work asking to borrow yet more money. Said he had direct debits to come out, told him that was his problem I had all the house bills to pay. Ended up giving him £50 and told him no more. His lastest hair brained scheme (nothing to do with the hair restorer!) he is spending money he doesn't have on a load of stuff he thinks will make him money! He seems to forget that I remember previous hobbies where he studies things to the finest detail and buys all the stuff but then barely does anything with it (French polishing, electronics repair etc etc).

I need to update my totals but I will do that later need to get ready for work. Hope everyone is ok
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 7th Mar 18, 7:16 AM
    • 503 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    Mnd
    Hair brained scheme
    That made me smile
    Have a good day
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Mar 18, 8:31 AM
    • 53,979 Posts
    • 213,897 Thanks
    beanielou
    Your OH would drive me to distraction & beyond
    So your mum helps you out paying a bill & then you have to bail him out. Really!!!

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 7th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 23,788 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    I know beanielou, it's awful. I would have more money if he would hurry up and finish the house so I can get it on the market. At the moment I am trying to pay 2 lots of bills, nursery fees and my debt. He pays one small bill (sub £20 which I have paid this month) that is part of the household, the rest is his day to spending and debt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

440Posts Today

5,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin