Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 6,423Posts
    • 23,806Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)
    • 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2) 29th Jan 18 at 7:31 PM
    Hi, for those following my previous diary ď Back, still in debt, probably depressed and not a lot going right Ē, Iím not sure what happened to it. It just disappeared overnight. Iíve reported it but read a lot of threads are disappearing.

So if youíre new to my diary.... hello!! If you read my previous diary welcome back and thank you for trying to find me.

So today, I was telling my boss about my health. I thought he was going to cry and he asked me to send him an email confirming what I told him.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Page 13
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 4th May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    How is everyone? I need some advice. My parents want a face to face chat. My Mum is reasonable, my Dad could likely say told you so etc, or question me to death. I know they are looking to part me from OH but not sure what I want, I seriously just want to hide. OH asked me for more money and needed it the day he asked. Not told my parents. OH said if you can transfer the money you can use my credit card, tried to explain that dd's can't be paid by credit card. What do I do? I'm so confused, tired, upset and as I said I just want to hide.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
    • Moneywhizz
    • By Moneywhizz 4th May 18, 6:57 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 586 Thanks
    Moneywhizz
    HI, I have been reading your diary for a while and like others who have commented it seems that your OH is causing you a lot of problems and only adding stress to your life, rather than support. It is easy for outsiders to say these things though, only you know if this is really the case. If it is then you really need to think if there is any way things are going to improve for you as a couple, or if you would be better off on your own. Apart from everything else he seems to be a constant drain on your finances, when you are working hard to get yourself into a better position. I hope you can work out what you really want and what would be better for you and your little one. At least you have the support of your parents if you do decide to separate.
    • runninglea
    • By runninglea 4th May 18, 7:22 PM
    • 876 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    runninglea
    Nothing wrong to have a talk with your mum and dad. I'm sure your dad wont say I told you so. Not so easy to give up on your OH whatever they do or don't do.
    You cant go on giving/ spending money willy nilly though. If he cant understand that then it is a difficult situation as you will never ever get financially sorted.
    Year 2018 (8,500/£17000mortgage repayment)Overall mortgage (64,600/165568) (39
    .0%) (38/100) payments made. Total paid 2018 year £8,500

Total paid 2017 year £15,300Total paid 2018 year £8,500
    • RhiBi
    • By RhiBi 4th May 18, 7:54 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 1,756 Thanks
    RhiBi
    I hope it all goes well and has a positive outcome. You can't keep going on as you are, it's totally unfair to you and you LO. Xxxx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 #7 £297/£350

1 debt vs 100 days £323.72/£1000
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th May 18, 8:23 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,031 Thanks
    beanielou
    Your parents will be worried about you & LO.
    JUst like you worry about LO.

I suppose you need to think about what you get out of the relationship with your OH. Only you know & if it is worth it.

Take care of you
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 4th May 18, 9:46 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Thank you all xx
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 9th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Hope today wasn't too bad for you. Love and hugs xxx
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th May 18, 10:16 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,031 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope that you are ok.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 16th May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    I'm getting a bit concerned that we haven't heard from you for a while. I hope you and LO are both ok.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 9:30 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,031 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have to say I am also worried.
    I dident realise it had been so long.
    Hope you are ok.

***Keep plodding***
    • RhiBi
    • By RhiBi 16th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 1,756 Thanks
    RhiBi
    I was hoping to see an update from Uniscot too. Hope you manage to get on here soon to let us know how you are xxxx

• Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 2nd Jun 18, 8:25 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Hi, really sorry I've not been about. I really needed a bit of time to get my head together. OH? He's still here and I stupidly thought he'd changed realising what he's been doing to me but his true colours reared the other day with a comment, we had a small row and he tried to make out it's my fault and he's a complete saint! We're not really speaking at the moment and I can't wait to get the house sold as it's more and more money. He's dragging his heels about selling his stuff that's in the garage (he doesn't need it) thinking I can't sell with the stuff there. Decided it's going on the market with the stuff in the garage. He's also let slip that's he's managed to pay off one of his credit cards, yet I'm the one lending him money to pay his bills! He's also insisted on putting up one of those video doorbells, which yes we had bother with cars getting broken into (which we believe was down to an estranged family member of his) but not at new house. It's good on one hand but feels like he's watching me and watching who comes to the house (we've both got access to the video).
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 2nd Jun 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,975 Posts
    • 2,723 Thanks
    badmemory
    Would he notice if you ebayed some of the stuff in the garage? Is it just there as a form of control? Does he actually even know what is in the garage?

Re the credit card - you now know not to give in to the "I need money" thing it is obviously not true. Keep strong!
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 7th Jun 18, 8:30 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    Sounds like a good idea to me. He's got two options then, hasn't he, clear it or leave it behind.

Or flog some of it on Ebay and keep the proceeds to clear your debts. He owes you enough, and its what baliffs would do after all. He probably thinks that if you are still in debt up to your eye-balls then you won't leave because you can't afford it. Its another form of abuse.

Or when he next comes begging for money, tell him he's got a garage full of junk and he can put it on Ebay himself and get money that way.

Take care of yourself, and LO. Love and Hugs x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Jun 18, 8:46 PM
    • 56,796 Posts
    • 231,031 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are ok.

***Keep plodding***
    • anita55
    • By anita55 7th Jun 18, 10:22 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    anita55
    subscribed x
    • RhiBi
    • By RhiBi 7th Jun 18, 10:37 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 1,756 Thanks
    RhiBi
    Good to see you posting Uniscots but I'm sorry things are still so difficult for you xxxx

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

148Posts Today

1,804Users online

Martin's Twitter