Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 6,423Posts
    • 23,806Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2)
    • 29th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    Back, still in debt, probably depressed (Take 2) 29th Jan 18 at 7:31 PM
    Hi, for those following my previous diary ď Back, still in debt, probably depressed and not a lot going right Ē, Iím not sure what happened to it. It just disappeared overnight. Iíve reported it but read a lot of threads are disappearing.

So if youíre new to my diary.... hello!! If you read my previous diary welcome back and thank you for trying to find me.

So today, I was telling my boss about my health. I thought he was going to cry and he asked me to send him an email confirming what I told him.
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Page 11
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 31st Mar 18, 8:09 PM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 32,993 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Great deal on the carpets. Not done much, nice day yesterday so spent some time in the garden which I enjoyed even though the soil is too wet to do very much. Hoping to pop and see my DM tomorrow she lives about 30 mins drive away. Forecast for Monday is dire so we have earmarked this to de-frost the freezer, need to get this done before we go off to visit your lovely country for 3 weeks at the end of April
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
    • CapricornLass
    • By CapricornLass 1st Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    CapricornLass
    I've just finally sat down after just clearing up. Family get together today, so dinner for 11 and tea for 10! I seemed to spend all my time bouncing up and down getting bits for people. Still it was nice to see everyone again.

Good for you on getting such a good deal on the carpet.
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 265.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 2nd Apr 18, 10:05 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Chores for today, clearing stuff out of the house and prepping for the carpets. Also got to drop cleared out shoes (a lot never worn but unable to wear heels now) to a friend. Texted her but not heard back, that could mean she has no credit in her phone!
    I've kept a couple of pairs of special heels for LO when she's older, my wedding shoes, a pair of hand embroidered silk heels I bought and a lovely pair of designer sandals. Seriously though when I see how much stuff I'm clearing I really have wasted a lot of money over the years on stuff I've not really used. Before I met OH I was quite bad for buying a new outfit etc for each occasion.

On the subject of OH, he asked me for a loan of money. I said no way just can't do it as got fitter to pay and paid for carpets, car stuff etc all in last few weeks. He went in the huff and said he'd have to get an advance on his wages as he couldn't afford to get to work (he asked me for £200). So I said getting to work doesn't cost you £200. He's suddenly gone quiet about it. One thing I did notice when I was at other house on Friday was 2 plates, 2 forks etc and remnants of similar style meal. Now either he hasn't washed any dishes or he's had company. My Mum thinks I should ask him. Honestly I can't face it at the moment I just want the house sold. He acted very odd yesterday, pretended he was busy when he was supposed to be taking LO and me to a party (one of LO's friends). So I drove my car. Then going down to the shop for fizzy stuff because there was none in the house and to the shops later because he fancied a snack that we didn't have in (even though there was lots of other things).

Clearing the house has taught me a few things:

1) I don't need as much stuff
    2) I have loads of clothes, I just need to lose a little weight to fit them/look better in them again
    3) sentimental stuff stays, just because OH doesn't have anything from his childhood/growing up doesn't mean I need to feel guilty about condensing and keeping mine
    4) found more stuff I can sell (stuff with labels etc!!)
    CC2 = £8687.86 (£10000 )CC1 = £0 (£9983 ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 2nd Apr 18, 9:53 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Saw friend and gave her 20 pairs of shoes......yes....20! I think you now see why I said I don't need as much stuff! But I can't believe how much money I've wasted over the years on tat. It has to stop (well my spending habits have changed considerably since having LO).

OH is asleep after moaning for most of the evening that this isn't good enough and that isn't good enough etc.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Apr 18, 9:58 PM
    • 56,788 Posts
    • 231,024 Thanks
    beanielou
    You have way more patience with your OH than I would.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 56,788 Posts
    • 231,024 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hate to ask but does your OH gamble?

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 3rd Apr 18, 10:46 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    My patience is wearing thin Beanielou. As far as I know no he doesn't but things aren't adding up and I don't just mean the sums. The disappearing acts out of the house etc, multiple plates in the sink
    • RhiBi
    • By RhiBi 3rd Apr 18, 11:32 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 1,756 Thanks
    RhiBi
    I'm so sorry you have this added stress with everything else you're dealing with. Are you able to talk to him about it?

Xxxx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 #7 £297/£350

1 debt vs 100 days £323.72/£1000
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 5th Apr 18, 8:24 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Thanks RhiBi I've tried talking to him many times, he either doesn't get it, says I'm the problem that he's depressed or claims he doesn't remember me talking to him about it before
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 8th Apr 18, 8:02 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Well it's been a difficult few days. OH kicked off on Friday, he was upset with one of his adult kids but decided to bring up the celebration dinner he ruined yet again. He still doesn't get it was his fault and says it was my parents fault. What would you do in their position, sit back and say nothing? Told him I'm fed up with his attitude it just seems to be getting worse. He tried starting it all again on Saturday in front of LO, told him he was out of order. He tried saying sorry, but I didn't want to hear it. When we got back LO was ready for a nap, he asked if he could take us out I said I wasn't feeling well and was going to have a nap with LO. He then wondered why I pushed him away when he tried to hug me later. He seems to have a problem with everyone (and it feels like he's now trying to separate me from my family). He's also been spending yet more money he doesn't have (and wonders why I keep my finances separate).

On a more positive note the carpets are fitted, although money will be a little tight until I get paid in just over a week. At least it's completely paid. Just have to be careful. My Mum also got me lots of packs of nappies for LO. Paying a quarter of their normal price.

Off to try a rescue some whites that have ended up grey due to a rogue sock.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 56,788 Posts
    • 231,024 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry that it has been a difficult few days L(
    Keep plodding.

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 10th Apr 18, 6:06 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Looking forward to getting paid so I can make some more debt payments. I sold another item so once that clears I'll add that too, roughly £5. Might see what else I can sell.
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 13th Apr 18, 3:06 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Sorry not been about, not too well at the moment
    • runninglea
    • By runninglea 13th Apr 18, 7:15 PM
    • 876 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    runninglea
    Hope you are feeling better soon
    Year 2018 (8,500/£17000mortgage repayment)Overall mortgage (64,600/165568) (39
    .0%) (38/100) payments made. Total paid 2018 year £8,500

Total paid 2017 year £15,300Total paid 2018 year £8,500
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Apr 18, 8:32 PM
    • 56,788 Posts
    • 231,024 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are on the mend soon.

***Keep plodding***
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 14th Apr 18, 9:20 AM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Thank you, got some sort of stomach bug. I need to update my totals and my bag savings
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 14th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Updated my bag saving totals, can't believe how much I would have spent on bags for shopping. I've been putting the money in a tin and won't open it till the end of the year.

OH and I still aren't getting on but he does acknowledge he's got an issue with remembering things but we've still had rows and he's still spending money (that he doesn't have) like water and not moving quick enough to help me get the house sold. He's off for a few days but done nothing but moan about the place being messy yet won't lift the stuff he uses.

Seen some toys that LO would love at a ridiculously low price and tempted to get them and put them away for birthday or Christmas
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 17th Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    Mnd
    Just saying hello, are you OK? M
    • Uniscots97
    • By Uniscots97 20th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 6,423 Posts
    • 23,806 Thanks
    Uniscots97
    Hi All, not been great. Sorry not been about. Really not been well and OH just not helping. Everything is always someone else's or my fault not his. I'm pretty much worn out.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 20th Apr 18, 4:02 PM
    • 3,613 Posts
    • 32,993 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Oh Uni I wish that there was something that I could do or say that would help, it sounds like OH is just not partner material, whether because he is just immature and rather selfish or has even deeper issues.

I hope that you feel better soon and are able to get a little rest over the weekend, I hope that little one is OK.

Take care
    MM x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,962Posts Today

8,714Users online

Martin's Twitter