Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TZR123
    • By TZR123 28th Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    TZR123
    MyParkingCharge at a train station
    • 28th Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    MyParkingCharge at a train station 28th Jan 18 at 3:19 PM
    Hi everyone newbie here, I have read the newbie thread and have a few questions.
    The driver parked at a train station car park (which is free to park in) in a hatched area (white lines if it matters) and when returning had a MyParkingCharge notice on the car windscreen .
    I believe VCS (Vehicle control services) are the rodents to look after this car park.
    I imagine a notice to keeper letter will soon arrive through the post, does this notice that was left on the windscreen count as a ticket? as if this does not count as a windscreen ticket then I believe that the NTK must arrive within 14 days. Or it must arrive between days 29 and 57 if this was a windscreen PCN.
    I have also been reading that most train stations are governed by byelaw and have read that this could be a criminal offence and I could go to prison if they take court action within 6 months. I hope this isnít true and is a load of nonsense.
    If/when the NTK arrives in the post I intend to appeal as keeper, without revealing driver using the template in the newbies thread, and then onto the IAS as POPLA is not offered by this company as they are not a member of the BPA anymore.

Thanks for reading and any advice is very much appreciated.
Page 2
    • financerulez
    • By financerulez 12th Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    financerulez
    Sounds like you're in a similar situation to me, although the driver in my case was ANPR'd and in your case was given a windscreen notice. Follow the advice of the above - these guys know their stuff.

You're foccussing on POFA quite a lot, when it does not apply to byelaw governed land. First port of call is to establish whether byelaws govern - and in most railway cases, they do. If you confirm they do, don't worry about POFA, your goal is simply to waste 6 months in ping pong letters so the deadline for a prosecution expires (6 months).

If all that they have is the Keeper, they don't have much chance of doing anything. Keeper has no liability on byelaw governed land. And so long as the Keeper doesn't reveal the identity of the driver/owner, then they'll have trouble finding out. Also note as PG says, they can't pass on even their Keeper data to the Train Company, who would be the ones to bring the prosecution. (In theory anyone can, but can you see them forking out the £5k of private prosecution costs as a favour to the train company? Especially when they don't know who the driver or owner is!)

I would avoid contacting the train company and revealing any details of this if I were you, as it's the train company who are more likely to bring a prosecution.

Also note there are no prison sentences for this type of criminal law. Unless you accidentally sent them a letter saying you were the driver, AND they decided to pay for the prosecution, THEN the fine would likely be 50% of your weekly earnings, or maybe even less if you plead. I think I read about one case 4 years ago where it got to Mag and they ended up pleading and had to pay about £250. (In that case they had admitted to being driver I think, and also the initial notice and management was handled directly by the Train company - not this private parking scam who can't pass data.)
    • TZR123
    • By TZR123 12th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TZR123
    I was recently looking at VCS website and noticed on the bottom it still says that they are a member of the BPA (which they clearly are not). Is it worth contacting the DVLA and/or the BPA about this?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 56,325 Posts
    • 69,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Q - ''My PCN is from UKCPM, or UKCPS, or Millennium (etc.) and it/the signs say they are both BPA & IPC members?''
    See that question in the NEWBIES thread, answered near the top.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,158Posts Today

8,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin