Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Hillwalker, that's an amazing post :) I found myself nodding when I read what your son said, he's hit the nail right on the head (pardon the pun!). You've made me feel a lot more positive.

Today has been ok so far. Mr SA is still creeping and has thankfully gone for his nap now so I can have a bit of peace.

We took the dog on the park this morning and the council have cut a tree that fell during the snow into logs so Mr SA brought a couple back on his scooter. He's made one into a bird table, not sure what idea he's had but he's planning to bring back one a day.

I need to do the meal plan, make my soup and make a lentil loaf from a recipe I got from Redofromstart's diary. Now I'm back at goal my points have gone up but ideally I'd like to lose another 3lbs before holiday.

Today should be a NSD and tomorrow the new budgets start with Mr SA's money and DD's board arriving. Yet again I'll attempt to stick to plan. I'm determined to keep a tally of what I spend, I start off ok then forget to do it.

Next week I must sort out a quote for the dining room/hall floor. The place that came out over 6 months ago never got back with a quote so will probably try a bigger company. I know it won't be cheap as the floor needs boarding out first.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As I have said before I am so full of admiration.
    I really am.
    Sending bug hugs to you xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy mother's day SA. I'm sorry about the job but keep on applying and your turn will come.

:eek: to Mr SA wanting to go back to roofing and falling in the pond.

Have a lovely day :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi SunAddict

You do such an amazing job with the situation you are in. I am pretty sure most of us wouldn't be able to cope as well as you.

I hope you manage to find something more to support you. Would you be able to access some respite care to support you if you spoke to your doctor. I hope I am not out of line suggesting this but I am concerned this might not be sustainable longer term if you have to manage all this alone.

I have unbounded admiration of the way you approach your life.

Take care honey, have a great week
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SA you make me smile when I read the things Mr SA does and your sense of humour with it all. I am sure life is difficult sometimes , and as others have said you do an amazing job.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Excellent post Hillwalker :T.

Happy Mother’s Day SA Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • WelshSaver
    WelshSaver Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SA, happy mothers day for yesterday.

Like everyone else I have such admiration for you and don't think I could cope as well as you do. Look after yourself and try to get a night or a weekend away if you can :A
    Make £10 a day challenge - January 2023 = £292.89/£310 - Feb 2023 = £677.09/280 - March 2023 = £102.45/£310 - April = £300.12/300 - May 2023 = £306.80/£310 - June = £245.88/£150 - July = £295.45/£310 - August 2023 £51.56/£310
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2018 at 8:49PM
    Options
    Well that's Monday done.

Today has been a good day at work - got a small bonus of £100, will have to pay tax and NIC on it, but will be in March pay :) This is for helping organise a large event. Not told Mr SA as he'll think half is his.

On the Mr SA front, the worst thing DWP could've done was write to him and tell him he's got a £4 a week rise. It's highlighted to him how much he gets a week which he thinks should be his to spend. I soon put him straight by reminding him by the time he paid his share towards bills, food, beer, clothes and holidays he would be looking at a minus figure.

He's been better behaved since Saturday thankfully.

What a miserable day weather wise, it's rained here most of today.

Today has been a NSD but not an AFD as have some wine left over from the weekend. Went to the gym at lunchtime.

New budgets have started today and remain intact for now, tomorrow is another day.

Made my favourite butternut squash, chickpea and lime soup for work lunches. The lentil loaf I made yesterday was very tasty and have plenty left to freeze. Tonight I was on a use it up mission and made a Thai red curry from a kit I bought from Aldi ages ago which has made 2 portions, will have the rest tomorrow. Also used up the last pack of greens rice, won't be buying that again, it was ok but I wasn't keen, prefer the cauli rice.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the bonus :j :j

Dident know there was a greens rice!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback