Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 27th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 7,131Posts
    • 52,260Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Things can only get better
    • 27th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    Things can only get better 27th Jan 18 at 8:50 PM
    Unbelievably my very long running diary of 5 years seems to have been deleted Not happy about this to say the least

Not sure what to do about it. Need my diary to keep me sane and on track.

Had to swiftly come up with a new title, had been meaning to start a new diary but not this way.

Anyway, in brief for those who don't know, my life changed drastically 5 years ago when my OH got Lymphoma in his brain, nearly lost his life but miraculously survived, although he has permanent brain damage and is disabled. So we lost his wage and I'm now the sole breadwinner. At its highest debt was around £5k but paid off thankfully.

I try to keep as normal a life as I can.

Still really angry my old diary has gone
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2019 £251.96
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
    Emergency Fund £3260/£10,000
Page 128
    • milann
    • By milann 16th May 19, 7:48 PM
    • 2,510 Posts
    • 14,373 Thanks
    milann
    Iím pleased itís not what Mr. S thought it was going to be. He might even stick to the drinking regime as itís given him a bit of a shock and wake up call again. Fingers crossed. Could you buy his beer and squirrel it away just putting a couple of cans out a day ?

Will you get chance for a mooch around Birmingham when you go or will it be all work.

Do you still manage your secret outings?
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 16th May 19, 8:02 PM
    • 9,706 Posts
    • 60,937 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Really pleased it was good news at the Consultant Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 16th May 19, 10:54 PM
    • 4,684 Posts
    • 14,418 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Glad to heat the good news SA.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 17th May 19, 8:21 PM
    • 7,131 Posts
    • 52,260 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Hello folks, happy Friday

Thank you all so much for your lovely cooments, much appreciated xx

He will never turn into a health nut I'm afraid. Unbelievably DS has given him the idea of if he can only drink 2 cans a night he may as well get stronger beer Well thanks for that DS

Birmingham next week - I will be taking the morning off to look round the shops as the meeting is in the afternoon. Looking forward to that. I've got £18 in M&S vouchers so might have a mooch in there. I just enjoy pottering around and going for a coffee, not bothered about buying anything really.

Had a lovely catch up with work friend this lunchtime.

No particular plans for this weekend, just WW tomorrow then the usual cleaning, etc. No GKs this weekend.

My dog was a bit off yesterday but thankfully is back to normal today. DD bought her a huge bone back from work and I think it upset her tummy.
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 19, 8:31 PM
    • 63,171 Posts
    • 277,691 Thanks
    beanielou
    So glad that you had a lovely catch up.
    Enjoy your weekend xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 17th May 19, 9:02 PM
    • 15,622 Posts
    • 53,541 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    *much eye rolling at DS*

all sounding good re quiet weekend and Birmingham.

XXX
    Sealed Pot 12 - 008, 365, 1p a day, 1%, 100 days, Saving to be out of debt!
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 19th May 19, 7:24 AM
    • 7,131 Posts
    • 52,260 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Morning folks Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.

Just done finances - will just about scrape through to the end of the month, taken my eye off the ball again I'm afraid, overspent on the "other" spends budget by £32 already, have bought loads of plants for the garden though plus had to buy a new lock for the shed. Groceries budget should be on target, have been sent loads of money off online vouchers from Mr S and Mr O which will help keep me on track.

Went to WW yesterday and have stayed the same. Happy about this as I'm still 2.5lbs under goal. Need to get back on track properly though, trying to maintain now.

I've gone to pot since I came back from holiday, struggling to get back into a routine.

Not a lot on the agenda for today - meal planning, Aldi trip, do online Mr O shop for Thursday when I'm working from home. They sent me a £15 off £60 spend voucher, although might struggle to get it to £60 now Mr SA has cut down on the beer.

Have a fab day folks
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

358Posts Today

3,613Users online

Martin's Twitter