Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 27th Jan 18, 9:30 PM
    • 8,535Posts
    • 6,442Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    Anyone thinking of buying an Apple Homepod?
    • 27th Jan 18, 9:30 PM
    Anyone thinking of buying an Apple Homepod? 27th Jan 18 at 9:30 PM
    I won't , at 319 too rich for me https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-homepod/homepod?cid=CDM-EU-4705&cp=em-P0018242-393094&sr=em
Page 2
    • woolythoughts
    • By woolythoughts 26th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    woolythoughts
    I'm an apple user and have been since the early nineties.

Currenty have two imacs, a macbook pro, ipad pro, ipad air, three iphone X's and airpods

Won't be getting the speaker - more than happy with my Alexa.

Main issue for me is I have a hive system in the house and hive is not supported by apple.
    • darzel
    • By darzel 16th Apr 18, 9:17 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    darzel
    Hi All,

I am planning on buying HomePod,I was trying to find more information about it online.I found more information in devicebase.net/en/product/apple-homepod-speaker/99990090 .

However,I would like to know more from your personal experience. Is it better than the Google Home Mini? And is it worth it?

Thank you in advance
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 16th Apr 18, 11:28 AM
    • 2,196 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    20aday
    Hi All,

I am planning on buying HomePod,I was trying to find more information about it online.I found more information in devicebase.net/en/product/apple-homepod-speaker/99990090 .

However,I would like to know more from your personal experience. Is it better than the Google Home Mini? And is it worth it?

Thank you in advance
    Originally posted by darzel
    Hello there.

From what I've read online the HomePod is best suited to people who are very heavily integrated into Apple's ecosystem, use Apple Music and don't mind Siri's limitations.

You can use AirPlay in a supported app e.g. Spotify (Premium) but you wouldn't be able to say: "Hey Siri, skip to the next track" as it only works with Apple Music.

If you prefer a more pro-active 'smart assistant' Amazon's Alexa and Google's Assistant are going to be far ahead of Apple's Siri; whilst Apple favour privacy over practicality it does come with it's own limitations.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • john22
    • By john22 16th Apr 18, 5:29 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    john22
    Hi All,

Thank you in advance
    Originally posted by darzel
    Won't tell you what to buy but will only give my advice based on owning a Homepod since it came out.

I have not had any serious audio equipment for years as I could not be bothered with the clutter of equipment and CD's. I get all my music through Apple music so is a perfect fit for the Homepod.

The speaker itself is un-intrusive and design wise is well made. The sound quality is excellent and all my music is played through the Homepod rather than my Mac. The only smart features (i.e voice commands) I use on the Homepod is to play my music playlists and to turn on/off electronic devices around the house when they are connected to a smartplug which is set up through homekit. I just tell the Homepod to turn on/off whatever device and it works instantly with no lag or errors.

I do not use any of the other smart features like getting the news, using the timer etc etc as they do not fit my needs. The small footprint of the Homepod, sound quality and controlling other devices around the house is perfect for me.
    • jackyyyy
    • By jackyyyy 2nd May 18, 3:06 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jackyyyy
    Newly brought the Apple HomePod, now I can enjoy Apple Music with my HomePod for playing instead of iPhone. Besides, for those I am fond of, I add the iCloud Music Library and then I can use TuneFab Apple Music Converter for converting Apple Music and hence I can send it to my girlfriend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,101Posts Today

6,762Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin