Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 26th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 888Posts
    • 457Thanks
    docmatt
    Barclays won’t let me pay cash in without a card anymore.
    • 26th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    Barclays won’t let me pay cash in without a card anymore. 26th Jan 18 at 7:32 PM
    My brother lives in Wales, I’m in the midlands. He’s unemployed and receives a little benefit due to his arthritis. He just gets by.

IF I do a job for a customer and I get a decent tip or I have a good week, I’ll put 100 to one side and when I’m next in town I pay it into his Barclays account quoting his name and sort code and account number. I bank with HSBC.

It might be every two weeks, maybe once a month. It just helps him out.

Anyway I haven’t been into the bank for a month and I had 150 in cash and when I went to pay it in they refused saying things have changed and the only way I can pay it in is with his card but he lives miles away and there is no way I can get his card off him, he needs it!

Is this just a Barclays thing or are all the banks doing it? I posted the money special delivery instead but it was a ball ache going to the post office the other side of the town.
Page 2
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 14th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 830 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    How did you come to have no bank accounts yourself?

Can she get you a credit book for her account?

To be honest though, your wife's bank changing their deposit policy sounds like the least of your problems. I wish you the best of luck getting back on your feet.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 14th Mar 18, 11:10 PM
    • 25,318 Posts
    • 12,548 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    I regularly pay into my lovely E-Wifes account, i pay cash into the bank to her Barclays account..Now I cant do this anymore.

Im homeless, I dont have a bank account anymore, she got the house, the cars, the kids etc...I got all the debts which I struggled to pay. I ended up jobless and homeless.... I do however still try and pay maintenance when ever I get some cash..

But now I cant even do that. I have no chance of opening an account .. god I have tried, but no chance without proper documentation. I cant even change my driving licence into a friends address because DVLC don't believe I liver their, they say I have to prove I live their by having bills in my name?? Bills like phone bills or utility bills..I have none of these, I explained I don't live their, but do stay on occasions....I'm rambling..sorry.

So, I cant give my kids any money unless I walk the 125 miles to see them and give it to them in hard cash...I don't want to give money to my friend to go thru his bank account..its personal to me.
    !!!! you barclays.

Life is so hard anyway without this mush .

Im sure all those politicians and other rich sods are creaming money all over the world to offshore accounts,, but its the little people like me that get the blame and end up destitute and lost in this world.
    Originally posted by Another nobody
    Yet you are able to access the internet??
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 15th Mar 18, 8:00 AM
    • 3,272 Posts
    • 2,132 Thanks
    Robin9
    Yet you are able to access the internet??
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever

Possibly at Libraries ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 15th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    • 5,457 Posts
    • 4,103 Thanks
    sheramber
    You can buy a postal order at the Post Office and post it to the other person.
    • faddy
    • By faddy 10th Nov 18, 6:04 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    faddy
    You should be careful paying money into someones account on benefits, if the DWP ever ask for bank statements and he has never declared it, you could get your brother sanctioned and investigated. Doesnt seem like a lot Ł100 here and there but to DWP it could be. If he can not work is he on ESA support group ? or even applying for PIP if he is struggling financially which I can imagine many people on benefits are, at least make sure he is claiming everything he is entitled to. Last thing you want is a fraud investigation on his claim.
    Originally posted by Hoogle

"Any income you receive from voluntary sources - such as from friends and family or from charities - is disregarded completely when calculating benefits. This means the amount of benefit you are entitled to is not affected by this kind of income." (from https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/benefits-charity)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,217Users online

Martin's Twitter