Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 26th Jan 18, 12:44 PM
    • 402Posts
    • 268Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Testable - Academic Research studies
    • 26th Jan 18, 12:44 PM
    Testable - Academic Research studies 26th Jan 18 at 12:44 PM
    There is a new site Testable Minds that is similar to Prolific. They haven't added any studies yet, but something you may want to keep tabs on.

https://minds.testable.org
Page 3
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 23rd Jun 18, 1:32 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    Finding the site Okay as it pays better than some but I haven't received any notifications I have just stumbled across the studies by accident or noticing someone posting on FB.

I tried the $7 survey but computer got security alert and it wouldn't let me restart in a different browser.

Worth being a member, might just be a slow burner but pays okay so worth having.
    • allison445
    • By allison445 2nd Jul 18, 10:43 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    allison445
    Personality and Philosophy
    Category: Experimental Philosophy
    2/163 minds tested
    8 min. (max. 20 min.)
    $0.80
    • allison445
    • By allison445 9th Aug 18, 9:38 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    allison445
    Normative Survey
    10 min. (max. 20 min.)
    Category: Cognition
    8/100 minds tested
    $1.50
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    • 4,523 Posts
    • 79,141 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Normative Survey
    10 min. (max. 20 min.)
    Category: Cognition
    8/100 minds tested
    $1.50
    Originally posted by allison445
    Thanks Allison, just completed it

Did you get a notification for it, mine must have stopped working.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • allison445
    • By allison445 9th Aug 18, 10:03 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    allison445
    Thanks Allison, just completed it

Did you get a notification for it, mine must have stopped working.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Yes I got a notification from visalping
    • Viksnco
    • By Viksnco 23rd Aug 18, 8:03 AM
    • 315 Posts
    • 1,827 Thanks
    Viksnco
    I can't get onto the site since last night. Is anybody else having a problem? I just get an error message saying "Whoops something went wrong"
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 23rd Aug 18, 8:20 AM
    • 450 Posts
    • 1,110 Thanks
    SSDD23
    I can't get onto the site since last night. Is anybody else having a problem? I just get an error message saying "Whoops something went wrong"
    Originally posted by Viksnco
    Same here..
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 23rd Aug 18, 9:49 AM
    • 4,523 Posts
    • 79,141 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Seems fine for me now - no new surveys though.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 23rd Aug 18, 10:53 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Spendingqueen
    I have 17.40 and haven't had survey opportunities for the last 3 weeks now. Not the best.
    • sebloak
    • By sebloak 23rd Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    sebloak
    Haven't had any since beginning of July.
    • Tombo
    • By Tombo 23rd Aug 18, 2:14 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 800 Thanks
    Tombo
    I'll sign up, it sounds interesting.

Shame about the lack of studies though
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), 50 of Odeon vouchers
    2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
    Debt-Free Wannabe!!
    • allison445
    • By allison445 31st Aug 18, 10:56 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    allison445
    Just a heads up to people about testables new verification process Its not mandatory but according to the email I received there basically saying you won't get as many studies if you don't as there studies haven't been that regular I for 1 won't be bothering
    email details read

The academic community using Testable Minds and other similar platforms to collect data online has recently expressed valid concerns about some participants in academic studies. Whereas the vast majority of you are well-meaning, hard-working, reliable individuals who help push science forward, there is a small minority who muddle the data by creating multiple accounts with false identities or by providing nonsensical, careless answers.

To ensure the highest quality of data collected on Testable Minds, we are excited to announce the next step in our quest to become the best and most reliable subject pool: an optional identity verification process with many other great benefits!

What do you need to do?

1) Verify your phone. You must provide a valid mobile number, registered in the country where you are located.

2) Verify your identity. You must upload an official ID document, together with a clear picture of your face from a live camera (webcam). We will verify that your full name, date of birth, and sex match the information we have on file, and we will verify that your photo on the ID document matches the photo taken with your live camera. We have state-of-the-art security protocols in place and your name, photo, ID document, and phone number are for verification purposes only. We will not share this information with anyone, ever. Furthermore, we delete the ID document that you've sent to us after we've confirmed your identity.

3) Create a Revolut account and order your card (free for you). We have convinced the amazing people at Revolut to partner with us and offer all Testable Minds a free physical card (value $7). You must use the link we give you to create an account with Revolut. We will process all payments to you through Revolut, at no extra fees for you. (Tip: You can share the link with your friends. They will also get a free physical card from Revolut). Note that Revolut is not yet available in all countries, but will be there very soon.

The verification process is optional, but we strongly recommend that you verify your account now. More and more researchers will restrict their studies to verified minds, so if you don’t verify your identity you are likely to miss on many studies. There are other benefits as well.

What are the benefits for you?
    Access to more studies, with larger payments

Free, faster and automatic cash-outs. When you reach the withdrawal threshold, we will automatically transfer your balance to your Revolut account, free of charge.

Chance to win $20 every month. On the 31st of each month, we will organise the “Pick a mind” lottery giving $20 to one lucky mind per every 1,000 verified minds who login at least once during that month. For example, if at the end of this month we will have 1,800 verified minds, we will offer two prizes of $20 each.

A free physical card from Revolut worth $7.

$1 bonus paid immediately to your Revolut account.

Trust and data quality are crucial for the success of Testable Minds. Now we have a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate to all researchers why our community is the best! Verify your account now and get priority access to future studies on Testable Minds.
    • allison445
    • By allison445 8th Oct 18, 5:09 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    allison445
    Social Psychology
    Classification of words
    6/150 minds tested
    12 min
    $1

First survey for a while
    • Viksnco
    • By Viksnco 8th Oct 18, 8:43 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 1,827 Thanks
    Viksnco
    Predicting faces from voices
    1/60 minds tested
    15 minutes
    $2

I couldnt get it to verify my identity on this despite having already verified it with Testable Minds This could be why only 1/60 minds have been tested!
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 30th Oct 18, 1:18 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 1,955 Thanks
    MLE007
    National Lottery survey $2.50

Opportunity to also refer friends for an extra $1 if they also complete it and sign up to Testable. Haven't a clue how many places left sorry
    2019 in 2019 0
    2018 in 2018 3480.32
    2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 30th Oct 18, 5:12 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 1,110 Thanks
    SSDD23
    Just did that one too, also just noticed there's no minimum to withdraw anymore. I clicked on studies and it's asked me to verify things to be an elite mind?! Perhaps there would be more studies then
    Money made in December: 6.07/100.00 // December NSDs: 3/15 SPC #029
    Debt-busting
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 31st Oct 18, 4:00 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    just noticed there's no minimum to withdraw anymore.
    Originally posted by SSDD23
    That's good to know, with so few studies I've a long way to go to $20.

I'm refusing the verification, for me it's too intrusive so I'm expecting my studies/earnings to be limited.
    • wjr4
    • By wjr4 31st Oct 18, 4:44 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    wjr4
    I just withdrew $2.50 as it said it was the most I could withdraw and now it says I need $20 or more to withdraw, argh!
    • wjr4
    • By wjr4 9th Nov 18, 10:43 AM
    • 440 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    wjr4
    & they charged me to accept the money via paypal!
    • Cybi-Ping
    • By Cybi-Ping 25th Nov 18, 2:00 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    Cybi-Ping
    I tried to withdraw $5.50 and it said I could only withdraw $2.50 at a time so I withdrew $2.50 with the intention of immediately withdrawing another $2.50 but the minimum withdrawal limit jumped up to $10. My first $2.50 is still pending after a week.

This site is tedious with constant identity checks even after you've become a verified user and it's probably not worth the hassle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,475Users online

Martin's Twitter