Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OLDFLYBYNIGHT
    • By OLDFLYBYNIGHT 26th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 7Thanks
    OLDFLYBYNIGHT
    ParkingEye 130+ days to send Notice to Keeper
    • 26th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    ParkingEye 130+ days to send Notice to Keeper 26th Jan 18 at 12:36 PM
    Hello,
    Just received a ParkingEye “Charge Notice” dated 23/01/18 about parking on 06/09/17.
    This for exceeding the free 2 hour parking period and then not paying, at a MOTO service station.

Times of photo of driving presumably into the service station area to photo of driving out of the service station area, approx. 3.40am to 6.30am, no advice whether parked for the duration, driving around the area trying to find the way out, getting petrol, etc.

I’m fairly certain this is a notice to keeper, but it doesn’t clearly say so.

It points me to an Appeals Procedure
    Online: appealpcn.co.uk - is this the proper place to appeal?
    Post: Appeals Dept, POB 3573, Barnet, EN5 9QA – same question.

They say “Where our client’s property … England … should your appeal be rejected, we will provide you with full details of how to appeal your notice through POPLA …”

Can I start the appeal with the time lapse between alleged contravention and the notice to keeper being too long?

Thanks
    PS. Staggered at the attention and time given by advisors, to ‘normal’ people like me. Thanks again!
Page 2
    • OLDFLYBYNIGHT
    • By OLDFLYBYNIGHT 17th Apr 18, 1:15 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    OLDFLYBYNIGHT
    Your PCN has been cancelled

Thanks everyone ...

But can I still complain to BPS?
    Can I do more to highlight anything else, so others can see?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 19,507 Posts
    • 30,864 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    But can I still complain to BPS?
    Why not, but it would be better if you complained to the BPA.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • OLDFLYBYNIGHT
    • By OLDFLYBYNIGHT 17th Apr 18, 1:36 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    OLDFLYBYNIGHT
    You're right, my plumber prides himself on not getting complaints ...

I'll add to the BPA email that CP Plus have cancelled it, but by not advising me, it has prolonged the stress.

And, just to alleviate the last remnants of worry, they cannot resurrect it can they, as they haven't formally advised me that it has been cancelled?

Thanks again to all contributors / advisors.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • 19,507 Posts
    • 30,864 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    And, just to alleviate the last remnants of worry, they cannot resurrect it can they, as they haven't formally advised me that it has been cancelled?
    Take a screen grab of the cancellation from their website.

This is a totally unregulated sector where nothing should surprise you. But there is no evidence that PPCs resurrect charges once they've been cancelled. There might be odd cases somewhere - but nothing to keep you awake at night. Don't worry about it.

The screen grab is your ace card.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,157Users online

Martin's Twitter