Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 2,925Posts
    • 5,922Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 5
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 5th Feb 18, 11:05 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    MLE007
    Aww cheers Smodlet, I had 12 sign up to my referral and one cashed out ages ago and I got 55p and I was happy with that. I thought the others didn't get on with the site (which is understandable at times!). Yes I remember you got a good one too, I am not sure I would be brave enough to stash 200 quid in a survey account but I'm grateful they did!
    2018 in 2018 1152.08

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    You are very welcome, MLE007. Imho and fwiw, you are one of the kindest people on this board.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 6th Feb 18, 8:10 AM
    • 382 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    mikep22
    I signed up to Prolific three weeks ago, had five studies in the first two days earning a total of about 3, and nothing since, just more and more personal pre-screening questions. I'm tempted to delete all my answers and try entering them again... with tweaks!
    Originally posted by twiglet98
    Only ever be honest with your prescreeners. People are trying to get data for studies - for real life things like masters and doctorates (I am doing one myself right now). Youd be mortified to spend your own money only for people to effectively cheat you.
    Im a big believer that people doing research want others from all walks of life, it might be quiet right now (it happens) but it will pick up, and it tends to be ripe between March-June.
    Always remember this is not your standard survey site...if you want one of those then Swagbucks, GlobalTestMarket et al are you places to visit.
    Debt: May 15: 17335 Jul 16: 13874 Jan 17: 11,606
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 446/470
    Avg. Completion Time : 2mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 15mins
    Reward: 0.20

Part 2 of one a week ago.

ETA: No completion code received but had one for the first part. WTH, it's only a poxy 20p.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 06-02-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 6th Feb 18, 11:34 AM
    • 19,121 Posts
    • 86,647 Thanks
    LadyMorticia

ETA: No completion code received but had one for the first part. WTH, it's only a poxy 20p.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Same happened to me!

At the end it asked for an ID, I put my Prolific ID in and then it said I had taken the survey but this was the first time taking part 2!
    January wins: *4 piece bamboo towel bale* *Winter Wonderland break*
    Win 2018 in 2018: 816.26/2018
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    • 4,058 Posts
    • 76,608 Thanks
    Chrisv

No completion code here either, but it's already been approved
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Feb 18, 12:03 PM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Yep, been paid so no harm, no foul, right? Would love to know how they think they are going to send a picture when they have no email address but I don't want it anyway so what the heck?
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 6th Feb 18, 12:19 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    MLE007
    Another weird and wonderful one, you could right click on the image to save it if you wanted to
    2018 in 2018 1152.08

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Feb 18, 12:22 PM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I purposely did not do that, MLE007... They kept on about "sending" it.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 6th Feb 18, 12:27 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    MLE007
    Ah I must've missed that! They can send the bonus though, that will be nice
    2018 in 2018 1152.08

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Feb 18, 12:56 PM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Well, your luck seems to be going that way; mine sure as hell is not.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 6th Feb 18, 1:00 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Yep, been paid so no harm, no foul, right? Would love to know how they think they are going to send a picture when they have no email address but I don't want it anyway so what the heck?

In theory they could email to your Prolific email I suppose. I'm sure I have ben promised pictures by other surveys and never got them though. I quite liked part 1 - ice cream and pretty pictures, what's not to like.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Feb 18, 5:43 PM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Has anyone had the survey about refugees, paying 1.50? At the end it told you to click on a link but the link didn't work, so I clicked on the 'Next' arrow beside it. I got a couple of meaningless questions, then it said it was an unfinished survey.

Looks like I should have typed the link URL into the address bar - was that just a trick to get my answers without paying out?
    Originally posted by Biggles

Je ne sais pas (dunno) You can either ask if anyone on here received a completion code (didn't get that one myself or I would give you the code) or wait and see if you are paid or contact the researcher to ask if you need a code for this particular survey (not all do)

If it gets to 22 days and you have not been paid or the researcher tells you they will not pay because you lack a code, that is probably the time to contact PA as this, apparently, is not a valid reason for non-payment. HTH.

ETA: OK, that's weird, Biggles' post appears to have disappeared. Weird.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 6th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    mikep22
    Another weird and wonderful one, you could right click on the image to save it if you wanted to
    Originally posted by MLE007
    To be fair they quite clearly said on the post before you needed to right click and choose "save as"....wonder if theres some kind of count for people who didnt do it as part of their survey?

I mailed them right away about the completion link etc and they said it wasnt a problem. No big. As long as I get the 13 bonus, else there will be severe trouble....
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Feb 18, 11:02 PM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Only one person will get that... If anyone does.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 7th Feb 18, 11:22 AM
    • 382 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    mikep22
    Only one person will get that... If anyone does.
    They have to....

Im well are only one person will get it, the point is that it should be me, else I will be chasing after them with a USB filled with Nickelback songs and will play it to them on repeat all for a year. Rargh.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 7th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I can think of a gazillion more deserving people myself and Nickelback? Blah! That god-awful, thumping hip hop rubbish, that's what I would use, provided I were at least a mile away at the time.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 07-02-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 7th Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    • 7,612 Posts
    • 5,011 Thanks
    Biggles
    ETA: OK, that's weird, Biggles' post appears to have disappeared. Weird.
    Only a few moments later, the surveyer replied to my message, apologising, and said it was his error and that I would be paid in full, so I deleted the post. Just too late, it now seems! Sorry.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 7th Feb 18, 11:40 AM
    • 2,925 Posts
    • 5,922 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Glad you were paid, Biggles.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 7th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 382 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    mikep22
    I can think of a gazillion more deserving people myself and Nickelback? Blah! That god-awful, thumping hip hop rubbish, that's what I would use, provided I was at least a mile away at the time.
    That maybe true, however as I dont know any of their names I wouldnt know what to look for......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

3,796Users online

Martin's Twitter