Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 3,154Posts
    • 6,258Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 4
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 2nd Feb 18, 12:58 PM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 6,258 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 30/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 12.15/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: 6.95/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 9mins
    Reward: 0.81

That was the food association study; anyone get a completion code for it? All I had was, "your response has been noted."
    Last edited by Smodlet; 02-02-2018 at 1:03 PM.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • zzzt
    • By zzzt 2nd Feb 18, 1:06 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    zzzt
    That was the food association study; anyone get a completion code for it? All I had was, "your response has been noted."
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Same. Study must be broken.
    • kayemm
    • By kayemm 2nd Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    kayemm
    Available Places : 30/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 12.15/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: 6.95/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 9mins
    Reward: 0.81

I did this survey and got a completion code but my response has been rejected because I completed it too quickly...I did it in 2 minutes and the researcher messaged me to say he doesn't believe it's possible to read the scenario and answer the questions that fast. Never had that happen before...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 2nd Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 6,258 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I did this survey and got a completion code but my response has been rejected because I completed it too quickly...I did it in 2 minutes and the researcher messaged me to say he doesn't believe it's possible to read the scenario and answer the questions that fast. Never had that happen before...
    Originally posted by kayemm

Then he is full of it, imo. I did it in about three and a half minutes and I was dawdling. Worth contacting PA, do you think?
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 2nd Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 371 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Study: Football Study. Avg completion time 3 mins- 1.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 2nd Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 77,440 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Football Study
    Available Places : 564/1000
    Avg. Completion Time : 3mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 20.00/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: 6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
    Reward: 1.00
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • zenshi
    • By zenshi 2nd Feb 18, 8:12 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 1,990 Thanks
    zenshi
    Odd survey just now. Survey requires a password. No indication at all of what password. Survey now gone
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 27,056. 10 creditors
    May 18......17,814.....7 creditors left 34% paid

26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away 22,893
    49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) 44,099
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 2nd Feb 18, 8:57 PM
    • 521 Posts
    • 1,057 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Odd survey just now. Survey requires a password. No indication at all of what password. Survey now gone
    Originally posted by zenshi
    this has come up before and it was aimed at a very small group of respondents who had been sent the password- begs the question why they didn't just pre select those people to get the survey in the first place so no one else sees it as you are not supposed to get stuff on prolific that you are not eligible for.
    • somsman
    • By somsman 2nd Feb 18, 10:20 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    somsman
    Originally posted by zenshi
    I just did one that required a password a couple of hours ago (Personality Study), the password was written on the pre-survey screen under 'Study Description'.
    • Value
    • By Value 2nd Feb 18, 11:05 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Value

I had this happen with a survey several months ago. The researcher said I'd taken 2 minutes and it should have been 5 so they weren't going to pay me. I'm a quick reader so I do tend to get through surveys quickly and I was a bit annoyed. I probably should have taken it up with PA but it was a 40p survey and in the end I had other stuff to do and didn't contact them.
    • twiglet98
    • By twiglet98 3rd Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 809 Posts
    • 3,808 Thanks
    twiglet98
    I signed up to Prolific three weeks ago, had five studies in the first two days earning a total of about 3, and nothing since, just more and more personal pre-screening questions. I'm tempted to delete all my answers and try entering them again... with tweaks!
    • ElefantEd
    • By ElefantEd 4th Feb 18, 2:28 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    ElefantEd
    I also read very quickly (c 2000 wpm) so often finish surveys much quicker than the stated average. I usually simply leave it for a few minutes to avoid any problems, until the submit time is close to the average. I don't feel I'm cheating anyone as I do take the surveys seriously but I can't be bothered to have to prove it.
    • Raffers
    • By Raffers 4th Feb 18, 3:50 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Raffers
    Survey on human actions 5 by Bartosz Ma!!!263;kiewicz Studies Survey on human actions 5
    Maximum Allowed Time : 25mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 4.64/hr

Can't seem to connect to the survey server page. It's a Polish domain. Have emailed the host but dunno how to secure my participation? It will expire in 15 mins.
    • kayemm
    • By kayemm 5th Feb 18, 10:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    kayemm
    Then he is full of it, imo. I did it in about three and a half minutes and I was dawdling. Worth contacting PA, do you think?
    He said it takes 30 seconds to read the scenario which means I only spent 1 minute 30 seconds answering questions... apparently one can't be a fast reader these days

I can't be bothered disputing it with PA for the sake of 81p. I think the average completion time was 4 minutes or something when I went back to look at it.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Feb 18, 11:09 AM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 6,258 Thanks
    Smodlet
    He said it takes 30 seconds to read the scenario which means I only spent 1 minute 30 seconds answering questions... apparently one can't be a fast reader these days

I can't be bothered disputing it with PA for the sake of 81p. I think the average completion time was 4 minutes or something when I went back to look at it.

He is probably one of those ignoramuses who think, because they can't do something/it has never happened to them that no-one can do it/it cannot happen. The world seems to be full of them, these days.
    • Goldiegirl
    • By Goldiegirl 5th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 8,330 Posts
    • 48,864 Thanks
    Goldiegirl
    Survey on human actions 5 by Bartosz Ma!!!263;kiewicz Studies Survey on human actions 5
    Maximum Allowed Time : 25mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 4.64/hr

Can't seem to connect to the survey server page. It's a Polish domain. Have emailed the host but dunno how to secure my participation? It will expire in 15 mins.
    Originally posted by Raffers
    That happened to me as well, when I was half way through the survey, so I had to give up.

It was my first survey since 26/01/2018, so I was quite excited. I joined Prolific on 10/12/2017, and made 20 in my first six weeks, which I thought was excellent, but it's been dead recently
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 5th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    MLE007
    One of your referrals is complete!
    Hi ******,

****** has cashed out for the first time. To thank you, we've credited your account with 21.18 !

Wow! Thank you to whoever it was that used my referral
    2018 in 2018 1759.53

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 5th Feb 18, 10:49 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 1,499 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    That's pretty impressive for a referral cashout!
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 5th Feb 18, 10:52 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    MLE007
    I know! Totally forgot about it as I posted it ages ago, I'm never normally this lucky!
    2018 in 2018 1759.53

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Feb 18, 10:53 PM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 6,258 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Wow and congrats, MLE007, if anyone deserves it, you do. I received 10 once, yours is more than double! Well done to whoever that was; they must have the patience of a saint.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,043Posts Today

8,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick #eng pre-match poll. What result do you predict?

• I agree this glitch wasn't flights for 1p it was flights for c. £200 - I think many would've expected that to be th? https://t.co/QUTnlBLPkj

• Was the BA fare glitch fair? Are you one of those let down by BA cancelling cheap flights to Tel Avivandr Dubai? H? https://t.co/PvN8Zaxbue

• Follow Martin