Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 4,197Posts
    • 7,506Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 126
    • julicorn
    • By julicorn 9th Nov 18, 8:35 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    julicorn
    Understanding Pain Study - Part 1
    Hosted by abdn.ac.uk
    £0.50•5 minutes• £6.00/hr •111/945
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Current: £189,100
    • allison445
    • By allison445 9th Nov 18, 8:48 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    allison445
    Did anyone else complete the 3 studies on the 2nd November and get paid for them all 3 of mine are showing as returned and I never returned them.
    Can we trust the news? - Lab 0
    Can we trust the news? - Lab 1
    Can we trust the news? - Lab 2
    • Value
    • By Value 9th Nov 18, 9:00 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Value
    Did anyone else complete the 3 studies on the 2nd November and get paid for them all 3 of mine are showing as returned and I never returned them.
    Originally posted by allison445

I did Lab 1 and Lab 2. Just checked and both are showing as returned. I didn't return them either. Will start by sending a message to the researcher....might have to raise this with Prolific if the researcher is no help as completed these in good faith.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 9th Nov 18, 11:32 PM
    • 38,148 Posts
    • 160,402 Thanks
    silvercar
    Mine are labelled con 0, con 1 & con 2. Con 0 has paid but the other 2 are marked as returned.
    • Airthrey
    • By Airthrey 10th Nov 18, 12:43 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    Airthrey
    I did Can we trust the news? Lib Dem 2 and have been paid tor it.
    • Value
    • By Value 10th Nov 18, 6:31 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Value
    I did Lab 1 and Lab 2. Just checked and both are showing as returned. I didn't return them either. Will start by sending a message to the researcher....might have to raise this with Prolific if the researcher is no help as completed these in good faith.
    Originally posted by Value
    I messaged them and got this reply. Not sure whether to follow up further.

"Sorry for any inconvenience caused. But, your study was returned by prolific admin because of a duplication. I have spoke with the prolific team regarding this matter and they best advised that I should compensate for one of the surveys and the others will be returned. Sorry but, it was a system fault. You will be compensated for one of the survey's."
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Nov 18, 7:17 AM
    • 38,148 Posts
    • 160,402 Thanks
    silvercar
    The message I received was:

"Sorry for any inconvenience caused. But, your study was returned by prolific admin because of a duplication. We spoke with prolific regarding this system issue, and they best advised us to compensate one of the studies and return the others, as you would have noticed that all of the survey questions in all three surveys were the same. Hence, why you were compensated for one of the survey's."

Well I did notice that all 3 were the same, but I completed 3 because I was offered 3!
    • Value
    • By Value 10th Nov 18, 7:22 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Value
    The message I received was:

"Sorry for any inconvenience caused. But, your study was returned by prolific admin because of a duplication. We spoke with prolific regarding this system issue, and they best advised us to compensate one of the studies and return the others, as you would have noticed that all of the survey questions in all three surveys were the same. Hence, why you were compensated for one of the survey's."

Well I did notice that all 3 were the same, but I completed 3 because I was offered 3!
    Originally posted by silvercar

I only did 2 and neither have actually been paid. I've messaged back saying that they haven't actually paid me for either survey yet, I spent time on both and it's not my fault if they were duplicated. I've pointed out that they were named with different numbers. I've also said I'm going to check on this with Prolific myself because it's not my fault. Will wait and see if there is another response from them. They could also at least have been more upfront with people by messaging us rather than letting us just see the surveys are returned. I noticed my total money had gone down but hadn't realised why.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Nov 18, 7:33 AM
    • 38,148 Posts
    • 160,402 Thanks
    silvercar
    We don't really know if it was the researcher at fault or prolific. One of them clearly allowed 3 surveys to be offered to the same person.

Bottom line is they offered money to complete a survey, I accepted, did the work and now they are refusing payment.

I just don't want to be marked down as stroppy surveyor if that will limit future offerings.
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 10th Nov 18, 7:46 AM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 2,790 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    Wow, I've already done three studies this morning.
    Don't mess with pensioners.
    • allison445
    • By allison445 10th Nov 18, 11:29 AM
    • 298 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    allison445
    I messaged them and got this reply. Not sure whether to follow up further.

"Sorry for any inconvenience caused. But, your study was returned by prolific admin because of a duplication. I have spoke with the prolific team regarding this matter and they best advised that I should compensate for one of the surveys and the others will be returned. Sorry but, it was a system fault. You will be compensated for one of the survey's."
    Clearly not true as I was paid for none of them although as far as I was aware researchers can only reject not return them.
    • Merlin's Beard
    • By Merlin's Beard 10th Nov 18, 11:34 AM
    • 229 Posts
    • 1,909 Thanks
    Merlin's Beard
    Did anyone try and cash out for yesterday? Hasn't happened for me, hoping it's an everyone issue not a just-me one!
    • julicorn
    • By julicorn 10th Nov 18, 12:24 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    julicorn
    Q Research Study
    Hosted by Eugene Chan
    £0.50•5 minutes• £6.00/hr •500/500

Took significantly longer than stated. Would be nice if they could acknowledge that with a bonus payment. I've gotten those a few times in the past - do Prolific require researchers to pay more if the average completion time is significantly longer than stated?
    • Miró
    • By Miró 10th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    • 5,784 Posts
    • 25,059 Thanks
    Miró
    Q Research Study
    Hosted by Eugene Chan
    £0.50•5 minutes• £6.00/hr •500/500

Took significantly longer than stated. Would be nice if they could acknowledge that with a bonus payment. I've gotten those a few times in the past - do Prolific require researchers to pay more if the average completion time is significantly longer than stated?
    Originally posted by julicorn
    Just done that one myself and the 5 mins completion time is a joke!!!
    Remember how far you have come not how far you have to go
    • Ivana B Rich
    • By Ivana B Rich 10th Nov 18, 12:30 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    Ivana B Rich
    Did anyone try and cash out for yesterday? Hasn't happened for me, hoping it's an everyone issue not a just-me one!
    Originally posted by Merlin's Beard
    Yes, me too

I cashed out late on Thursday in anticipation of them paying yesterday. Not received anything so I assume they did not process it. If I don't get it on Tuesday I'll put in a support ticket
    • julicorn
    • By julicorn 10th Nov 18, 12:31 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    julicorn
    Aside from that, it was probably the most bizarre combination of tasks/questions I've completed on Prolific so far
    • elsien
    • By elsien 10th Nov 18, 12:39 PM
    • 17,572 Posts
    • 44,436 Thanks
    elsien
    Probabilities always fry my brain. Even more so when the survey questions appear to have been drawn out of a hat.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Value
    • By Value 10th Nov 18, 1:01 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Value
    Clearly not true as I was paid for none of them although as far as I was aware researchers can only reject not return them.

No, I've not been paid for even one of the two I did either. allison445, have you messaged the researcher too? She hasn't replied yet to my second message from early this morning. I think I'll be messaging Prolific anyway as I'm not convinced this was Prolific who advised that she took this approach.
    • allison445
    • By allison445 10th Nov 18, 2:35 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    allison445
    No, I've not been paid for even one of the two I did either. allison445, have you messaged the researcher too? She hasn't replied yet to my second message from early this morning. I think I'll be messaging Prolific anyway as I'm not convinced this was Prolific who advised that she took this approach.
    I have contacted both the researcher and prolific but no reply from either
    • Value
    • By Value 10th Nov 18, 2:45 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Value
    I have contacted both the researcher and prolific but no reply from either

I've just contacted Prolific as well. I got no reply from the researcher to my second message and she still hasn't paid me anything. Will let you know if I hear anything back from them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,595Posts Today

6,554Users online

Martin's Twitter