Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 3,011Posts
    • 6,048Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 10
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 5th Mar 18, 6:40 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 1,696 Thanks
    MLE007
    Oooh PA must've stuck my name back in the hat today as I've had 4 studies!
    2018 in 2018 1536.82

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 5th Mar 18, 7:00 PM
    • 454 Posts
    • 773 Thanks
    mikep22
    Oooh PA must've stuck my name back in the hat today as I've had 4 studies!
    Originally posted by MLE007
    Don't tell Smodlet....

But in all seriousness, we are now approaching the time of year where we do tend to get a lot of studies. Between now and July is prime period for making hay.

Well, not hay, that would be disappointing. Money would be better.
    Debt: May 15: 17335 Jul 16: 13874 Jan 17: 11,606
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Mar 18, 7:16 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,048 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I clicked on the im finished button after not hearing from the survey creator and they've created me the 3.50 so I won't complain
    Originally posted by abba1772
    Damn! I, like a fool, returned it. G-nash, g-nash. Well done, abba1772.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Mar 18, 7:19 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,048 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Don't tell Smodlet....

But in all seriousness, we are now approaching the time of year where we do tend to get a lot of studies. Between now and July is prime period for making hay.

Well, not hay, that would be disappointing. Money would be better.
    Originally posted by mikep22

Do you ever bother reading even one page back, mikep? I have had six today (including the one that would not work which abba1772 has been paid for, good for them) Six, I tell you so nyeeeuuurgh!
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Mar 18, 9:04 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,048 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 20/400
    Avg. Completion Time : 3mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 10mins
    Reward: 0.30

Make that seven, now.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 05-03-2018 at 9:10 PM.
    • riotlady
    • By riotlady 5th Mar 18, 11:43 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    riotlady
    I just started today and had 9, I take it they!!!8217;re not usually that... prolific?
    Make 2018 in 2018 challenge-
    509/2018
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 6th Mar 18, 7:58 AM
    • 454 Posts
    • 773 Thanks
    mikep22
    Do you ever bother reading even one page back, mikep? I have had six today (including the one that would not work which abba1772 has been paid for, good for them) Six, I tell you so nyeeeuuurgh!
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Sometimes, depends on my mood and how much coffee is available at any given point...

And yes 9 is a lot in one day!

Speak of the devil, I have just got one
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 6th Mar 18, 7:59 AM
    • 454 Posts
    • 773 Thanks
    mikep22
    Or not...."Survey not currently active" good work.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 6th Mar 18, 8:23 AM
    • 7,612 Posts
    • 5,011 Thanks
    Biggles
    We also discuss issues with studies, which you would know if you had bothered to read even a couple of pages of this thread. Occasionally we advise each other as to how we would deal with an issue. I would not have found out about Circle without the help of these posters. You are under no obligation to be here.
    I understand that, Smodlet, and have discussed issues myself already, which you would know if you had bothered to read a few pages back (sorry, couldn't resist!).

It was just the particular value of listing studies that may not be there any longer, or open to my particular profile, that I was wondering about. If someone was seeking a study, wouldn't they first of all go to their a/c on the PA website?

I'm only asking the question, I want to use PA in the most profitable way I can, just as everyone does.
    • thisone
    • By thisone 6th Mar 18, 8:53 AM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 38,727 Thanks
    thisone
    I understand that, Smodlet, and have discussed issues myself already, which you would know if you had bothered to read a few pages back (sorry, couldn't resist!).

It was just the particular value of listing studies that may not be there any longer, or open to my particular profile, that I was wondering about. If someone was seeking a study, wouldn't they first of all go to their a/c on the PA website?

I'm only asking the question, I want to use PA in the most profitable way I can, just as everyone does.
    Originally posted by Biggles
    As someone newish to this thread I can answer for you. It's been very helpful to me. I'm doing other things and to get an alert that surveys are available on PA has given things I would have otherwise missed, though I only get offered a few, I think I only saw one or two yesterday. Still much better than seeing no surveys available everytime I check.A big Thank You to the posters, even if I don't get the specific survey mentioned,so I don't press thanks for that survey, it has helped.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Mar 18, 8:58 AM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,048 Thanks
    Smodlet

Touche! As has been advised, quite a few of us seem to get the same ones, if not all at the same time and some find it a useful "heads up" to be on the look out. I find the pop up alert unreliable and quite often the alert on here beats the Prolific Assistant to it. OK?
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 6th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 7,612 Posts
    • 5,011 Thanks
    Biggles
    Touche! As has been advised, quite a few of us seem to get the same ones, if not all at the same time and some find it a useful "heads up" to be on the look out. I find the pop up alert unreliable and quite often the alert on here beats the Prolific Assistant to it. OK?
    Fair do's, Smodlet. I was only seeking knowledge. Well, knowledge and cash.

Pop-up alert? Prolific Assistant? I must look more closely at their website.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,048 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Ah. Don't think it is on there, for all it is called "Prolific Assistant". It was someone on here (or more likely a previous incarnation of this thread) who brought it to our collective attention. This thread rocks at times.

I don't have a link to it but am sure someone will know how to find it. GreyAndGold is really good at this stuff but then, mikep is an IT lecturer (or so I believe) so perhaps he can help, if he can get his face out of his beloved budget noodles for long enough.
    • Farmers-wife
    • By Farmers-wife 6th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,311 Thanks
    Farmers-wife
    Maximum Allowed Time : 45mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 7mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : 14.40/hr

Views on Local Government (1000 places)
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 6th Mar 18, 1:32 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 1,051 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I just started today and had 9, I take it they!!!8217;re not usually that... prolific?
    Originally posted by riotlady

It does seem that you get more when you start but as others say its getting back to the time of year when more are about. I have done as many as 10 in a day back in June last year but they have been much thinner on the ground since.
    I've had none of the ones you lot seem to have had yesterday and today. I tell a lie I did one yesterday but that was the only one this month so far.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Mar 18, 2:56 PM
    • 4,135 Posts
    • 77,072 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Fair do's, Smodlet. I was only seeking knowledge. Well, knowledge and cash.

Pop-up alert? Prolific Assistant? I must look more closely at their website.
    It's a Chrome extension Biggles.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/prolific%20assistant?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 6th Mar 18, 2:58 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 4,522 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Available Places : 409/1100
    • Avg. Completion Time : 7mins
    • Avg. Reward Per Hour : 14.40/hr
    • Maximum Allowed Time : 45mins
    • Reward: 1.68
    (Edit - sorry think this might be the same as the one above!)
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 6th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 6,048 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Told ya; we rock. Thank you, Chrisv.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 6th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 454 Posts
    • 773 Thanks
    mikep22
    Told ya; we rock. Thank you, Chrisv.
    Smodlet rocks. I prefer to quaff lager, drinking in an orange sunset.....errrr....

I think people putting studies up also is evidence that there are some out there! I only had one today Still one is better then none...
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 7th Mar 18, 8:28 AM
    • 464 Posts
    • 4,522 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Eating behaviour

• Available Places : 253/256
    • Avg. Completion Time : 15mins
    • Avg. Reward Per Hour : 6.00/hr
    • Maximum Allowed Time : 37mins
    • Reward: 1.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5Posts Today

3,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin