Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mine tiger
    • By mine tiger 25th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mine tiger
    VIP Meet & Greet parking
    • 25th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    VIP Meet & Greet parking 25th Jan 18 at 12:00 PM
    I booked parking at manchester airport with VIP Meet & Greet parking via Looking4parking
    on clollecting my car I have damage to items in my car that had been stowed under the passenger seat. My dashcam had been disconected and there is evidence that my car has been driven eratically and been carrying passengers. on contacting looking4parking they have told me that they are only a comparison site and my contract is with VIP parking. I have contacted VIP parking who have not replied back. As I booked and paid for my parking directly with looking4parking is my contract with them or as they suggedt with VIP parking
Page 1
    • savvy
    • By savvy 25th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    • 29,768 Posts
    • 45,401 Thanks
    savvy
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:49 PM
    I booked parking at manchester airport with VIP Meet & Greet parking via Looking4parking
    on clollecting my car I have damage to items in my car that had been stowed under the passenger seat. My dashcam had been disconected and there is evidence that my car has been driven eratically and been carrying passengers. on contacting looking4parking they have told me that they are only a comparison site and my contract is with VIP parking. I have contacted VIP parking who have not replied back. As I booked and paid for my parking directly with looking4parking is my contract with them or as they suggedt with VIP parking
    Originally posted by mine tiger
    You will probably get better guidance posting this on the Consumers Rights Board. I'll move this post over there for you
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

• BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 25th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 3,064 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 25th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    What evidence shows a car has been driven erratically?

Did you note your mileage when you dropped it off?
    • lammy82
    • By lammy82 25th Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    lammy82
    • 25th Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 6:05 PM
    It's clear from their site T&Cs that Looking4parking act only as agent:

As a booking agent for the service provider the company is liable to the customer only for losses directly arising from any negligence of the company in processing a booking. Any claims by the customer in respect of the delivery of the car parking services must be made against the service provider and subject to its terms and conditions.
    Source

As far as I know this is legally valid. They didn't mess up your booking, so as far as your complaints go, they are with VIP Parking.
    • Blondetotty
    • By Blondetotty 31st Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Blondetotty
    • 31st Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    This isn't much help to you OP but we had a similar problem last year using the VIP meet and greet service that we booked direct with.

On picking the car back up my partner went to load the boot with our cases and found all the belongings that had been neatly packed in nets in the side of the boot scattered all over the boot floor. Now he drives fast and furious sometimes but we've never had to repack the boot before. There were also well over 16 extra miles on the clock!

He has an AMG CL63 so we are pretty much certain that someone though woo hoo sports car and booted it around the airport roads having fun but complaints to them on site at nearly midnight and then followed up in writing produced nothing more than we were mistaken; cars are treated and driven well and slowly and the miles could be because the cars are moved from carpark to carpark grounds within the airport! I wanted to ask whether he meant from Manchester International to City airport via the M60 but refrained from sarcasm that late at night.

I really wouldn't expect much from them if I'm honest, they refused to look at the CCTV and were generally obstructive because all we had was a mental note of the mileage (and my partner is really red hot on that but mental notes don't constitute proof) and a messy boot. We just won't ever use them again.

Good luck :-)
    • baza52
    • By baza52 31st Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 2,139 Posts
    • 2,210 Thanks
    baza52
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    This isn't much help to you OP but we had a similar problem last year using the VIP meet and greet service that we booked direct with.

On picking the car back up my partner went to load the boot with our cases and found all the belongings that had been neatly packed in nets in the side of the boot scattered all over the boot floor. Now he drives fast and furious sometimes but we've never had to repack the boot before. There were also well over 16 extra miles on the clock!

He has an AMG CL63 so we are pretty much certain that someone though woo hoo sports car and booted it around the airport roads having fun but complaints to them on site at nearly midnight and then followed up in writing produced nothing more than we were mistaken; cars are treated and driven well and slowly and the miles could be because the cars are moved from carpark to carpark grounds within the airport! I wanted to ask whether he meant from Manchester International to City airport via the M60 but refrained from sarcasm that late at night.

I really wouldn't expect much from them if I'm honest, they refused to look at the CCTV and were generally obstructive because all we had was a mental note of the mileage (and my partner is really red hot on that but mental notes don't constitute proof) and a messy boot. We just won't ever use them again.

Good luck :-)
    Originally posted by Blondetotty
    They HAVE to drive your car to get to their carpark and back again.
    Quoted from their website,
    Please call the car park when you are 10-15 minutes away from Manchester airport to confirm the arrival time to the driver. Head to the terminal where VIP Parking full uniformed driver will meet you and give a full receipt for your vehicle.

Average mileage expected to be done on your car is 6 miles, no more than 15 miles.
    • Blondetotty
    • By Blondetotty 31st Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Blondetotty
    • 31st Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 31st Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    We fully expected some miles on it, I'm aware they move cars around but 16 miles is pushing it in my opinion. That's a trip into Central Manchester and back again with some extra for sightseeing.
    • mine tiger
    • By mine tiger 6th Feb 18, 12:03 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mine tiger
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:03 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:03 PM
    What evidence shows a car has been driven erratically?

Did you note your mileage when you dropped it off?
    Originally posted by BoGoF
    My sat nav that had been stowed under the passenger seat had been stood on and then replaced back under the seat there is a foot print on the sat nav that looks like a boot print and does not match any shoes that both my husband or myself have. for the sat nav to have come from under the seat shows the car must have been driven erratically and for it to have been stood on show that an unauthorised passenger has been in the car and for it to have been replaced they someone knows they have done it.
    as regards the mileage the person who picked up the car wrote the mileage on the sheet but to be honest he rushed so much on taking the car we never checked it we didnít even get chance to take the documentation out of the car and had to rely on our phone with the last number we had called to be able to phone the company on our return. From the mileage he wrote it suggests that they have only done about 10 miles in the car however they had used 1/4 of a tank of fuel. When the car was returned he literally said your keys are in the car and went no checks or chance for us to check anything.
    • mine tiger
    • By mine tiger 6th Feb 18, 12:15 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mine tiger
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:15 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:15 PM
    So far I have left 3 reviews on VIP Parking yes negative but 100% truthful and not one of them have appeared on the review site. It does say that they check them before publishing them but if they only allow positive reviews it makes you wonder how many more people have had issues it also would suggest that they are a dishonest company. We have now contacted Manchester police who surprisingly have had several reports about this company.
    • baza52
    • By baza52 6th Feb 18, 1:01 PM
    • 2,139 Posts
    • 2,210 Thanks
    baza52
    what outcome are you looking for?
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 6th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 2,062 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    SuperHan
    If there's no quantifiable damage, I would think you are just unlucky.

With regard to the miles, it's not unbelievable that they would use a compound up to ten miles away. It's also not unreasonable that they would use your vehicle to transport drivers to and from the airport (for example, if they're bringing your car back for drop off and they have two cars to pick up, it'd make sense that they used your car to bring the other person back).

While I agree it's poor service, I'm not sure you'll get much out of a complaint.
    • mine tiger
    • By mine tiger 6th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mine tiger
    what outcome are you looking for?
    Originally posted by baza52
    I at least want the sat nav replacing or the cost of the sat nav as the screen of the stat nav is broken and unusable
    • mine tiger
    • By mine tiger 6th Feb 18, 4:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mine tiger
    If there's no quantifiable damage, I would think you are just unlucky.

With regard to the miles, it's not unbelievable that they would use a compound up to ten miles away. It's also not unreasonable that they would use your vehicle to transport drivers to and from the airport (for example, if they're bringing your car back for drop off and they have two cars to pick up, it'd make sense that they used your car to bring the other person back).

While I agree it's poor service, I'm not sure you'll get much out of a complaint.
    Originally posted by SuperHan
    There is damage to my sat nav the screen is broken and is now unusable
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 6th Feb 18, 8:21 PM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 1,941 Thanks
    Ectophile
    They will probably just say that the sat nav wasn't stowed properly. It rolled around until it got caught under someone's foot.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • mine tiger
    • By mine tiger 6th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mine tiger
    They will probably just say that the sat nav wasn't stowed properly. It rolled around until it got caught under someone's foot.
    Originally posted by Ectophile
    They wont even reply to the complaint
    • takman
    • By takman 6th Feb 18, 11:26 PM
    • 3,266 Posts
    • 2,862 Thanks
    takman
    My sat nav that had been stowed under the passenger seat had been stood on and then replaced back under the seat there is a foot print on the sat nav that looks like a boot print and does not match any shoes that both my husband or myself have. for the sat nav to have come from under the seat shows the car must have been driven erratically and for it to have been stood on show that an unauthorised passenger has been in the car and for it to have been replaced they someone knows they have done it.
    as regards the mileage the person who picked up the car wrote the mileage on the sheet but to be honest he rushed so much on taking the car we never checked it we didnít even get chance to take the documentation out of the car and had to rely on our phone with the last number we had called to be able to phone the company on our return. From the mileage he wrote it suggests that they have only done about 10 miles in the car however they had used 1/4 of a tank of fuel. When the car was returned he literally said your keys are in the car and went no checks or chance for us to check anything.
    Originally posted by mine tiger
    Why would you keep something you didn't want broken under the seat on the floor?.

Also what car do you have that could possibly use a 1/4 of a tank for 10 miles?. Even if you only had a 45 litre tank that means they would have to average 4 Mpg over those 10 miles. I'm not surprised they wouldn't reply to the complaint it sounds like a joke if you included the bit about the fuel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

4,776Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Follow Martin