Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hubblebubble
    • By hubblebubble 25th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 304Posts
    • 321Thanks
    hubblebubble
    Newbie advice required please
    • 25th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    Newbie advice required please 25th Jan 18 at 3:38 PM
    Today I received a NTRK letter from MET Parking Services re a parking charge at Southgate park, Stansted (aka Starbucks/McDonalds/BP services) which took place on Dec17th
    It states the reason for issuing the charge notice is: Left the premises (SPC)

On its website it has 10 camera pictures of a car parking in the Starbucks car park at 1300hrs and leaving at 1340hrs (so well within the 60min max allowed) It also showed a 'person' exiting the car and walking to the neighbouring mcdonalds (a mere 60ft away)

I wish to contest the charge,

I have read the newbies sticky Thread and think I understand the process.

As I understand it I need to appeal and get a POPLA reference and then send a longer appeal once I have received it.
    The newbie advice is to appeal via the website where poss, and not to reveal the driver. However, the MET appeal website has dropdown boxes which require you to state DRIVER or KEEPER etc
    How do folks get around this requirement?

And if someone is able to advise how to get around submitting the info they state i must submit, do I just cut and paste the standard wording as below?:
    Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Thanks for advice. I want to make sure I am doing the right thing before sending the initial appeal....
    `Save a little money each month, and at the end of the year, you'll be suprised at how little you have. :confused:
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,754 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Cheers Crabman. What's happened to the edit function is the 30 second thing sorted yet?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hubblebubble
    • By hubblebubble 29th Jan 18, 11:06 AM
    • 304 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    hubblebubble
    Should I upload my appeal to POPLA now, or wait until closer to the 28day limit? Is there any benefit in waiting to lodge the appeal later rather than sooner?

Thanks
    `Save a little money each month, and at the end of the year, you'll be suprised at how little you have. :confused:
    • Barneytron2018
    • By Barneytron2018 29th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barneytron2018
    Advice needed please pcn to reg keeper received
    Please help!!

I received a pcn from pcn admin centre on the 26th Jan for a parking on private land to a homeware store on the 20th December. The company claims to be registered with the BPA.

I have sent through an appeal as registered keeper not as driver and their response as per the below:

Our client has not met the timescales for The Protection of Freedoms Act to apply on these occasions, however, this does not invalidate the Parking Charge Notices.

The parking attendant on site on the dates in question observed the driver on each occasion not adhering to the terms and conditions of the location by not entering the Homezone situated onsite.

Signage situated at the location is approved by the British Parking Association and all sites are audited to ensure compliance with the British Parking Association's Code of Practice.

The Protection of Freedom's Act 2012 does not apply in this instance, however, as we work solely on the instruction of our client, do not have the authority to cancel the PCN's. Our client wishes for us to pursue payment of the outstanding balance, therefore, are not looking to cancel this.

We are treating your email as a formal section 10 Notice (“the Notice”) under the Data Protection Act (“the Act”).

Please accept this email as our formal acknowledgement and response to the Notice.

You have provided no justification for the Notice. The processing of your data is warranted.

In any event, section 10(1) of the Act does not apply in circumstances where Schedule 2, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the Act are met, accordingly we are permitted to continue to process your data at this stage.

I previously asked for a POPLA number to which they haven't sent with the rejection. I have replied advising that I will be submitting no payment as registered keeper and that they need to provide a POPLA number.

Is there anything else I can do?
    • hubblebubble
    • By hubblebubble 29th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    hubblebubble
    Should I upload my appeal to POPLA now, or wait until closer to the 28day limit? Is there any benefit in waiting to lodge the appeal later rather than sooner?

Thanks
    Originally posted by hubblebubble
    Any thoughts before I upload appeal anyone?......
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Jan 18, 3:46 PM
    • 6,578 Posts
    • 5,742 Thanks
    KeithP

Thanks
    No benefit in waiting.

Once you are sure of the content, send it.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 29th Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 2,543 Posts
    • 1,390 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Please help!!

I received a pcn ........
    Originally posted by Barneytron2018
    You can find all the help you need in the NEWBIES thread at the top of the Parking Tickets, Fines and Parking sub-forum. Read that and then start your own thread. It is not wise to hi-jack someone else's thread as confusing/incorrect advice might be given.
    • hubblebubble
    • By hubblebubble 29th Jan 18, 5:18 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    hubblebubble
    Ok. Thanks.

Am trying to navigate POPLA website now.
    Do I go for OTHER GROUNDS FOR APPEAL?......as all the other 3 options suggest that I am appealing as the driver etc..
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    • 6,578 Posts
    • 5,742 Thanks
    KeithP
    Do I go for OTHER GROUNDS FOR APPEAL?......as all the other 3 options suggest that I am appealing as the driver etc..
    Then you know the answer, don't you?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jan 18, 5:42 PM
    • 56,085 Posts
    • 69,754 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ok. Thanks.

Am trying to navigate POPLA website now.
    I hoped post #3 of the NEWBIES thread made this clear? Please check it...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hubblebubble
    • By hubblebubble 5th Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    hubblebubble
    Received notice today that MET Parking do not wish to contest the Appeal, so my appeal was successful :-)
    Will post in the POPLA decision thread the full details.
    Thank you to all on here who helped me in drafting the appeal.
    Most grateful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,282Posts Today

5,783Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin