Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • talexuser
    • By talexuser 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 2,398Posts
    • 1,896Thanks
    talexuser
    Interactive Investor finally improves?
    • 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    Interactive Investor finally improves? 24th Jan 18 at 6:43 PM
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/isas/interactive-investor-customers-unable-trade-new-website/

Hmmmm.... anther 2000 post thread in the offing?
Page 5
    • TCA
    • By TCA 28th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    TCA
    I've started transferring my Interactive investor trading account to iWeb. Was going to do the ISA at the same time but this thread put me off.

I don't expect any issues when i'm paying 22.50 a quarter.
    Originally posted by inflationbuster
    It's an ISA transfer to iWeb that I'm holding off on given this thread. Any idea if you're still liable for the quarterly charge after initiating the transfer?
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 28th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 465 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    TBC15
    I am wondering what I'll do if they engineer a takeover of iWeb..
    Originally posted by xylophone
    I'm sure it will come.

I must admit I'm a bit slow, but did everyone else notice they also bought out the FT Trustnet platform back in December. I don't feel half as guilty now using their on line resource.
    Last edited by TBC15; 28-02-2018 at 5:05 PM. Reason: Grammar and probably a bit speeling later on.
    • adspence
    • By adspence 1st Mar 18, 10:23 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    adspence
    I'm sure it will come.

I must admit I'm a bit slow, but did everyone else notice they also bought out the FT Trustnet platform back in December. I don't feel half as guilty now using their on line resource.
    Originally posted by TBC15
    I certainly noticed given it happened to me, and it hasn't been a particularly smooth experience. They still don't have my payment date right for my ISA yet, taking it a day after the Investment Date for Regular Investments...which means my money languishes there for a month!
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 1st Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    LHW99
    I must admit I'm a bit slow, but did everyone else notice they also bought out the FT Trustnet platform back in December.
    I also noticed the website update last year, since when I cannot get the UT / OEIC part of the site to work.
    I have both of the "old versions" in my bookmarks, I can use the IT part with no problems, but whenever I try the OEIC part (old / new) as soon as I try and access individual fund details it tells me there is a problem and blanks the page.
    Anyone else found this, or have any suggestions?
    Last edited by LHW99; 01-03-2018 at 1:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    • aroominyork
    • By aroominyork 5th Mar 18, 3:30 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    aroominyork
    I am moving from HL to II. I rang II to ask if you can place 'switch' orders as with HL, where the buy trade is at made the next valuation point after the sell trade - or, if you are selling less than 90% of your holding, the buy and sell can happen at the same valuation point.

They said No, and in fact you have to wait a few days after a sell trade for them to confirm the exact price and to have the funds available for the buy trade.

That's a nuisance but I can put it down to 'you get what you pay for'. However it would be useful if all these vagaries were described somewhere.
    • ArchBair
    • By ArchBair 5th Mar 18, 5:35 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    ArchBair
    I am moving from HL to II.
    Originally posted by aroominyork
    Good luck with that. Most people on this thread are moving from II to iWeb because of cost and terrible service.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 5th Mar 18, 5:41 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 7,687 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    although, to be fair, most of the terrible service seems to be related to trying to leave. I was on my way in to ii when the takeover happened and it has been relatively painless to transfer 4 DC pensions in. The in specie ISA transfer is progressing slowly.
    • le loup
    • By le loup 5th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 3,808 Posts
    • 3,758 Thanks
    le loup
    Or getting dividends. Or switching funds. Or getting answers. Or answering the phone. Or answering messages. Or sorting out problems in general.
    • aroominyork
    • By aroominyork 5th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    aroominyork
    It's been smooth for me so far. In specie ISA transfer went through quickly, SIPP is in process (though they did initially say they couldn't take Fundsmith because they incorrectly thought I held a dirty fund) and I find them fast enough to answer the phone and (usually) reply to email queries.

iWeb may be cheaper than II for ISAs (though not if you fully use your II trading credits), but for SIPPs over 50k II is cheaper.
    • philng
    • By philng 6th Mar 18, 9:51 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    Finally escaped 5th March.

Started transfer to iweb 25th october and 131 days later my final pending dividend has now reached iweb after 5 telephone calls to chaee original credit made 2feb.

Sense of relief is in existence!
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 6th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 2,189 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    iWeb may be cheaper than II for ISAs (though not if you fully use your II trading credits), but for SIPPs over 50k II is cheaper, if you invest using OIECs.
    Corrected that for you
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 6th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    Sense of relief is in existence!
    Would that I could say the same!
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 6th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,790 Thanks
    Alexland
    iWeb may be cheaper than II for ISAs (though not if you fully use your II trading credits), but for SIPPs over 50k II is cheaper.
    It really depends on your circumstances. For my static OEIC holding the iWeb / Halifax SD 180 (144 after tax relief) is cheaper than paying II for 120 (96 after tax relief) + 90 (no tax relief) account fee. In terms of money leaving my bank account that's 42 per year cheaper
    Last edited by Alexland; 06-03-2018 at 2:22 PM.
    • aroominyork
    • By aroominyork 6th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    aroominyork
    It really depends on your circumstances. For my static OEIC holding the iWeb / Halifax SD 180 (144 after tax relief) is cheaper than paying II for 120 (96 after tax relief) + 90 (no tax relief) account fee. In terms of money leaving my bank account that's 42 per year cheaper
    Originally posted by Alexland
    Yes, I realised after posting that I'd got that wrong but by then my head was on the pillow. Thanks for correcting, Alex.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 6th Mar 18, 9:10 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 7,687 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Originally posted by Alexland
    Where does the tax relief come into things?
    • sam_scott
    • By sam_scott 21st Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sam_scott
    Still having issues logging into the app - every time I log in it asks me to put my username in, even if I tick the remember username box. Have emailed Interactive Investor to see what their response is. Anyone else had this issue?! TBH still the cheapest platform for my portfolio so I'm not really complaining...
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 21st Mar 18, 9:15 PM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    Have emailed Interactive Investor to see what their response is.
    You might have lost the will to live before they reply.

While the in specie transfer finally completed on 12 March ( around four months of delay/obfuscation/error) between iweb/II/their custodians/the fund houses) I still await a dividend paid on 26 January....

I'm not sure that I would ever again contemplate an in specie transfer, especially not of dividend paying funds.
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 21st Mar 18, 10:48 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    capital0ne
    Still having issues logging into the app - every time I log in it asks me to put my username in, even if I tick the remember username box. Have emailed Interactive Investor to see what their response is. Anyone else had this issue?! TBH still the cheapest platform for my portfolio so I'm not really complaining...
    Originally posted by sam_scott
    No issues logging on - what browser are you using?
    • inflationbuster
    • By inflationbuster 21st Mar 18, 10:57 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    inflationbuster
    Originally posted by sam_scott
    Try 'Clear browsing data' in your browser and clear your cookies as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,399Posts Today

7,992Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin