Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • talexuser
    • By talexuser 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 2,396Posts
    • 1,896Thanks
    talexuser
    Interactive Investor finally improves?
    • 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    Interactive Investor finally improves? 24th Jan 18 at 6:43 PM
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/isas/interactive-investor-customers-unable-trade-new-website/

Hmmmm.... anther 2000 post thread in the offing?
Page 3
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 9th Feb 18, 5:24 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    It certainly is.
    Have you had some humour bypass surgery?
    I can understand the lack of humour with the poor s0ds who are still stuck with III
    Originally posted by le loup
    No. I thought it might be an oxymoron but then thought it is the opposite of an oxymoron so I was then intrigued as to what was the opposite of an oxymoron, and having never used the term 'tautology' before took the opportunity.

I left TD Direct shortly after II indicated that they would adopt their own charging structure (sad to leave TD, glad to get away from II).
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • grey gym sock
    • By grey gym sock 9th Feb 18, 5:31 PM
    • 4,328 Posts
    • 3,850 Thanks
    grey gym sock
    you could also call it pleonasm.

or tautologous pleonasm.
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 9th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    • 2,599 Posts
    • 2,414 Thanks
    JohnRo
    Received another response today, detailing the dividend credited to the GIA.. it's progress of sorts.

Just a shame it is not what I've ever asked for, is for the wrong account and doesn't do anything to address the issue.

It's turning into something akin to a Monty Python sketch.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    I feel for your plight and my own...."misery loves company"....

You might find the link in post 38 of interest.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 9th Feb 18, 6:28 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    you could also call it pleonasm.

or tautologous pleonasm.
    Originally posted by grey gym sock
    Now you're just showing off.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • le loup
    • By le loup 9th Feb 18, 10:09 PM
    • 3,807 Posts
    • 3,756 Thanks
    le loup
    Now you're just showing off.
    Originally posted by cloud_dog
    I had to look it up. I suspect old grey whistle test was a teacher wot knows stuff.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 13th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    One more fund has now appeared....

just one to go (and the effort to get my dividends out of II)....

Please (pretty please) release me, let me go......
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 13th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 2,599 Posts
    • 2,414 Thanks
    JohnRo
    I've now been given the dividend transaction information I requested for December, albeit in a jumbled, messy cut and paste job, then again this is II so no surprises there.
    It took me a couple of minutes or so to tease out the relevant dates, entries and corresponding values, it was that bad, but finally have the confirmation I was seeking.

Alongside this was a standard apology for the number of times I've had to ask for this information without an appropriate response. (7 times)

The message also confirmed there will be no official record of these transactions provided to me until the end/start of the tax year in April.

I'm finally done with them, notwithstanding the closing statement due in April.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 13th Feb 18, 3:24 PM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    I'm finally done with them,
    I'm green with envy....
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 13th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    TBC15
    Is it only people who rely on dividends who are experiencing problems ?
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 13th Feb 18, 7:36 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    LHW99
    Nailed to the perch, (not quite) ex-account .........

I seem (on the whole) to get dividends somewhere around where I would expect them, and as I am not drawing down yet, that's OK.
    The site works for me, and I haven't (yet) tried to transfer an account in or out - that seems to have been II's "area of challenge" ever since at least the date of RDR.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 13th Feb 18, 9:17 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    So far I have only been transferring in to a new SIPP - a process I had just started a couple of weeks before the merger was announced. It has actually been a fairly painless process - any delays have been the fault of the various outgoing providers.
    I am also transferring my ISA but it is early days on that one.
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 13th Feb 18, 11:15 PM
    • 3,096 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    greenglide
    Originally posted by TBC15
    My investments with II are all ITs which are held for dividends.

Since the II takeover I continue to receive the dividends exactly as before but I am an ex TD customer but I wouldn't think that would be any different which the II accounts were moved over to the TD platform.
    • philng
    • By philng 14th Feb 18, 9:01 AM
    • 601 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    philng
    The problems will start if you try & transfer away:

1) unwarranted delays
    2) lies blaming new provider for delay
    3) constant telephone calls to chase up why transfer is taking so long (adding to their already stretched workload).
    4) and then when your transfer has gone through EVERY dividend that has gone EX DIV whilst your account is still with III will continue to be paid to III and NOT your new provider. These will not as you would expect be automatically transferred to your new provider even when your III account is closed-they will just sit in some type of suspense requiring you to telephone EACH TIME to request transfer of EACH dividend
    5) commenced transfer to IWEB 25/10/17 and transfer was completed just before XMAS BUT as at 14/2/18 (some 112 days later) STILL having to chase up dividends held at III as per (4) above (again adding to their telephone workload)

IN summary SHOCKING service.
    • philng
    • By philng 14th Feb 18, 9:13 AM
    • 601 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    philng
    To further add to my above comment:

Vodafone dividend paid to III chased up 5/2/18 & requested transfer to IWEB by telephone.

14/2/18 Still no receipt of Vodafone dividend at IWEB-Yet another telephone call to III who say they have chased up but delay due to backlog in transfers team & CANNOT give me a timescale when it will be received at IWEB.

Unbelievable!
    • jon-w
    • By jon-w 14th Feb 18, 9:56 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    jon-w
    I wonder what the outcome would be when moving an account from any provider while waiting for dividends, tax relief etc. It's for this reason i'm waiting till all my text relief arrives in my HL account before i move my SIPP.

I transfered my ISA from Charles Stanley to iii just before the move to the new platform and have had no issues at all and it all occured on time and with plenty of messages to say what was happening.
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 14th Feb 18, 10:13 AM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    LHW99
    The problems will start if you try & transfer away
    To be truthful, I had all 4 of those when trying to transfer a SIPP TO II from HL around the time of RDR.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 14th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    I only have Acc funds at the moment to I guess that has made transfers simpler
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 14th Feb 18, 11:16 AM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    Obfuscation and delay sums up my experience - it is more than time that the FCA stopped mouthing their weak platitudes and got a handle on this whole process, requiring firms to transfer in specie within a specific time period.

09 May, 2013

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is concerned platforms are struggling to get to grips with re-registration and many cannot move assets within a reasonable time frame.

David Geale, FCA head of investment policy, said the regulator was worried by the lack of consistency between platform providers over how long it took to re-register assets.

‘In-specie transfers [are a concern]. In some cases it takes days and in some others it takes some multiple weeks or months. That doesn't seem reasonable,’ he said.

Existing FCA rules require that a re-registration
    request should be executed within a reasonable
    time and in an efficient manner, but do not set
    a hard statutory limit for the timeliness of these
    processes.

And as for getting dividends paid to II during the reregistration process....
    • diveleader
    • By diveleader 17th Feb 18, 3:10 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    diveleader
    I have a question that will probably be a III grumble ref their new platform.

I was looking at my trading account, as i was looking to sell a little to utilise some of my CGT allowance.

However, if you choose a fund or share and look at its transaction history it just states 'transfer in' with a December date.

So it looks like all my previous purchases amounts and dates for a fund (or share) have now disappeared.

How can I calculate a potential CGT liability when I come to sell anything?

secure message sent, but am I perhaps just looking in the wrong place?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

4,354Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin