Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 24th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 40Thanks
    Mummy2211
    POPLA on hold due to BYLAW
    • 24th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    POPLA on hold due to BYLAW 24th Jan 18 at 12:28 PM
    I'm having problems with Either POPLA or the Department of Transport.

Over view of the case

I parked in the train station carpark (never used it before) I entered my registration, paid the fee by my bank card, It said payment accepted and that was the end of that.

I got on the train.

However - on return 4 hours later I had a parking fine, of non display of payment, Confused I called INDIGO and asked what it was, and they advised it was because I did not have a ticket on the car, I explained that the machine did not give me a ticket, and advised I put my registration into the machine and thought this was an AMPR parking due to adding my reg into the machine.
    They told me that I should have called and explained I didn't get a ticket, and should have fully read the TC on the board.

I appealed to them it got rejected - I am now in the appeal with POPLA, But after 8 months I have not heard anything, I called them today and they have said that my case is on hold with the Department of Transport because if some law on the parking, and that it may have to go to court?

I called D.O.T and they said they are unable to help me as they don't know who would deal with such thing.

What they hell is going on..

Ive sent the proff in that i had actually paid the parking via my card.
Page 3
    • waamo
    • By waamo 2nd Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    Also complain to your MP. Parking companies and the BPA are very much in the spotlight at the moment.
    This space for hire.
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 2nd Feb 18, 5:47 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    I hadn't asked them about the parking ticket, I just asked for the correct email address for me to be able to send a complaint into them.

I dont know why they said they are unable to cancel the tickets, as i wasnt asking that lol.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 2nd Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    It!!!8217;s their standard response. When there is a clear breach of their code they get tickets cancelled rather than give sanction points. Makes a mockery of the system really.
    This space for hire.
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 2nd Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    Thank you Waamo - Would it be the my local MP or the MP for the town this happened in? I will write to them tonight, because I have had enough of this now. Its clear that no one really knows what they are doing.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 2nd Feb 18, 5:57 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    both towns , in fact get the directory out and write to them all!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • waamo
    • By waamo 2nd Feb 18, 6:00 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    Your local one is the one who will deal with it (you are their constituent) but as PG says copy in the other one as they will have an interest in local affairs.
    This space for hire.
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 2nd Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    Haha Good Idea Pappa Golf,

I will be sure to write to both of them (As it was only 8miles away from where I live.)

I am on a roll today with writing to people so I will go and find the details that I need and get one sent off to them.

I spoke to my Dad about this the other day - But he actually couldnt remeber me getting the ticket until a couple of days later when he said he suddenly remeberd it! This is why i was so angry that ZZPS approched my dad again, Even when i told them not to because my dad was elderly and this had and will cause him stress.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 2nd Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    in that case the BPA should sanction indigo for sending follow up mail

have you any letters (begging) after the date the appeal was placed?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 2nd Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    There was one letter that was sent from ZZPS which is who my parents paid, But we are unable to locate this paperwork now - They keep everything, Well everything that has been paid they keep it, But there are a few that are missing now, and this being one of them. I only have an email that my mum sent to them to say that the payment has been made. and to stop the demanding letters.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 2nd Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    Don!!!8217;t worry too much. The BPA can tell them to hand over all the paperwork. I suspect they might want it to go away rather than investigate though.
    This space for hire.
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 2nd Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    Ok that's great. I have sent an email to my MP and copied in the MP for the area that covers the train station, I have attached my Bank statement with the payment on there, and my emails sent to POPLA
    and Indigo.

Next stop BPA - With how Indigo have acted .
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Feb 18, 10:30 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The British Parking Association considered the situation unsustainable because, if motorists felt they could park with impunity, it would make parking management very difficult. Therefore, the British Parking Association took the decision to remove the requirement for parking operators to signpost motorists to POPLA for parking charges or penalty charges issued under byelaws from 18 September 2017.
    The BPA should be deeply ashamed of their own conduct, as well as the despicable begging letter demands of ZZPS and Indigo.

''Unsustainable''. Good, let Indigo go under then. Who gives a stuff if life is unsustainable for such cowboys, parasites on Society (the words of MPs on Parliament in several debates).

Good, I hope life is unsustainable for such scum very soon. Hate companies who rip people off.

What the BPA said equates to: ''waaah, not fair, if we can't win appeals, we won't offer appeals at all''. Astonishing this is legal; the BPA suits should having their heads in shame for thinking that it's OK to exempt a fake penalty-issuer from POPLA and let them ride roughshod over the rights of consumers.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 02-02-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• waamo
    • By waamo 2nd Feb 18, 11:20 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    The BPA should be deeply ashamed of their own conduct, as well as the despicable begging letter demands of ZZPS and Indigo.

''Unsustainable''. Good, let Indigo go under then. Who gives a stuff if life is unsustainable for such cowboys, parasites on Society (the words of MPs on Parliament in several debates).

Good, I hope life is unsustainable for such scum very soon. Hate companies who rip people off.

What the BPA said equates to: ''waaah, not fair, if we can't win appeals, we won't offer appeals at all''. Astonishing this is legal; the BPA suits should having their heads in shame for thinking that it's OK to exempt a fake penalty-issuer from POPLA and let them ride roughshod over the rights of consumers.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    It would make somebody’s job “very difficult “. My heart bleeds. Come and do my job and I will show you very difficult.
    This space for hire.
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 6th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    So below is the reply from INDGIO - Clearly have no idea what they are on about. I had appealed hence why I was able to go to POPLA! Interesting that they said about getting my fathers details from DVLA, I didn't think DVLA where able to give out personal information?

Good morning.

The penalty notice has been correctly issued in accordance with the railway byelaws. We have authorisation from the railway company to act on the behalf by enforcing the car park.

It is stated on the back of the penalty notice you received that customers are given 28 days in which to appeal their notice. As we received no appeal or payment for the notice within this time frame, it passed over to our debt collection agency, ZZPS. When this is done customers' details are attained from the DVLA.

As the notice has passed over to ZZPS all correspondence must now go through them directly.

Kind regards,

Tasha Hawthorn

!!!8211; !!!8211; !!!8211; !!!8211; !!!8211; !!!8211; !!!8211;
    Indigo Park Services
    Tel: +44 (0)3301235247
    Customersupport.uk@parkindigo.com
    www.parkindigo.co.uk - www.parkindigo.com
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    what they smokin ! , you did appeal , and you recieved a POPLa code

PS passedd over to ZZPS , they never saw it ZZPS did the back office , dvla search etc from the start
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 6th Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    LOL i was thinking the same thing. I sent them a qoute to say that they are unable to inforce the byelaw, thats down to the trian station.

What information are the DVLA allowed to give out? it was sent to my dad in his name - There was never anything for him to send back to say he was not the driver at the time.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Feb 18, 10:19 AM
    • 2,252 Posts
    • 3,994 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    What information are the DVLA allowed to give out? it was sent to my dad in his name - There was never anything for him to send back to say he was not the driver at the time.
    POPLA is not available when it is a rail "penalty" under Regulation 14. The owner or driver may be liable to the Train Operating Company and never Indigo nor ZZPS. It will time out in 6 months so chill.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 10:27 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    this was quite a while ago when popla where still young and naive the stoppage came later when they had complaints , cant remember the beginning , but was this a WH cockup?, recent pics of dvla access show DRP with a case of RAILWAY BYLAW

letter before claim for the money back , maybe spend £25 on the claim , indigo will not like this in court
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Mummy2211
    • By Mummy2211 6th Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mummy2211
    Just a thought, Would it be an idea to contact ZZPS - And advise then that they have bullied my father into paying with the less than legal letters, and also while the "fine" was in appeal stage? I
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 11:39 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I thought you were advised to tell the BPA that in order to get them sanctioned

any letters to zzps will go in the bin unread , you have paid up , case closed

there was a case of a motorist who was charged going to get money back via CC , I think they simply paid up
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,358Users online

Martin's Twitter