Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fazkhal
    • By fazkhal 23rd Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 5Thanks
    fazkhal
    ukpc ticket, Success
    • 23rd Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    ukpc ticket, Success 23rd Jan 18 at 2:39 PM
    Got a ticket on the 20/01/2018 at 21.09 in a retail park.
    Fine of 100, 60 if paid within 2 weeks,
    Reason : Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space.
    Evidence: 7 pictures showing the ticket on the windscreen, license plate, car parked not in a bay and picture of parking restrictions sign.
    I've read the newbies post, so to my understanding I need to use the blue template and appeal online around 26 days after I received the pcn So that would be the 15/02/2018? or some threads advise just to ignore all correspondence?

Any advice and comments on how to fight this are much appreciated.
    Last edited by fazkhal; 10-05-2018 at 3:45 PM.
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    • 9,206 Posts
    • 9,373 Thanks
    KeithP
    It is usually suggested here that it is best to send just one pdf document to PoPLA.

Can you not create a document with pictures embedded using your favourite word processor?
    Then just save it as a pdf?
    • fazkhal
    • By fazkhal 18th Apr 18, 9:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    fazkhal
    Sure I can do that. I don't see where the signage image is referenced in the template. But I can include it at the end of the document under 'Evidence...Image A (signage of carpark)' ?

Many thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    • 9,206 Posts
    • 9,373 Thanks
    KeithP
    Oh I see.

Well, does the UKPC supplied image help your case or not?
    If not, don't bother with the image. You do not have to supply UKPC's evidence for them.
    If it does help your case then obviously you must say how it helps you in you PoPLA appeal text.

Are you planning to sent the text shown here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71390497&postcount=3
    ...without any change?

You will at least need to change the occurrences of 'WEB LINK' with a real link or where possible with an embedded image.
    • fazkhal
    • By fazkhal 18th Apr 18, 9:25 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    fazkhal
    Thanks, I was planning to use the exact template and I had changed the 'WEB LINK' to the correct URLs. But I can embed the images.

So here's the sign : hxxps://i.imgur.com/YhItInO.png

I think it does help my case because to my understanding the Max Fine should be big and bold. Which I can't see on the sign.

many thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Apr 18, 9:54 PM
    • 9,206 Posts
    • 9,373 Thanks
    KeithP
    http://i.imgur.com/YhItInO.png

Yes, that sign probably does help your case, as apart from the reason you mentioned, it is actually a forbidding sign.

There is no way that a sign saying "NO UNAUTHORISED PARKING" in the biggest typeface on it can possible be the basis of forming a contract.

You at least need a paragraph or two in your PoPLA appeal saying that.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Apr 18, 9:59 PM
    • 61,458 Posts
    • 74,347 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It doesn't matter because with no NTK, they lose as long as the keeper raises that and the driver is never identified or implied.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fazkhal
    • By fazkhal 10th May 18, 3:45 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    fazkhal
    Update:

So I got the result of my POPLA appeal today and great success, my ticket has been cancelled
    Here's the link to UKPCs response.

hxxps://imgur.com/a/wUlmU1q

and I want to say a big thank you to all the members of this forum that gave me advice which made this appeal process so straight forward.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th May 18, 3:52 PM
    • 19,217 Posts
    • 24,411 Thanks
    Redx
    live link

https://imgur.com/a/wUlmU1q
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 1:13 AM
    • 61,458 Posts
    • 74,347 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Update:
    So I got the result of my POPLA appeal today and great success, my ticket has been cancelled
    Here's the link to UKPCs response.

hxxps://imgur.com/a/wUlmU1q

and I want to say a big thank you to all the members of this forum that gave me advice which made this appeal process so straight forward.
    Originally posted by fazkhal

Well done! UKPC have nothing better to do right now:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5835351

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-parking-control-dvla-suspension-misuse-of-data-a8325941.html

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,154Posts Today

8,482Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin