Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 123tylerjames
    • By 123tylerjames 23rd Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 11Thanks
    123tylerjames
    ukpc have cancelled my parking charge
    • 23rd Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    ukpc have cancelled my parking charge 23rd Jan 18 at 1:29 PM
    parking charge date was the 12 dec 2017
    100 pound parking fine letter recieved 11 jan 2018
    reason for fine vehile owner / driver left site
    location solatron retail park Farnborough gu14 7ql
    should I appeal or pay the fine ??? visited shops on retail park then went offsite for 20 minutes to asda picked up a few items brought nothing at retail park as didn't see anything that I wanted too buy lots of people have said ignore all letters from ukpc is the right thing to ?
    been on there website also to look at the pictures of my car the notice charge was three quarters up the window well as the picture show this but I did not see this until I used my wipers and they must have moved the notice after picture was taken to put the charge notice under my wiper so I did not receive the original notice that was first put on my car , so the only letter ive received is the one that was delivered to my house any help on this matter will be much appreciated ...thankyou
    Last edited by 123tylerjames; 28-03-2018 at 6:43 PM. Reason: update thread
Page 3
    • 123tylerjames
    • By 123tylerjames 7th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    123tylerjames
    thanks everyone ill wait for the POPLA verification code ,just abit concerned by it all but with all your help on this forum ill be lead in the right direction and this will get sorted all this hassle in parking in a free car park
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 7th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 2,997 Posts
    • 4,559 Thanks
    fisherjim
    I can't understand why anyone would consider paying this ridiculous made up scam charge!

If leaving site is so detrimental to the profitability of this site why did the scammers muppet, watch you do it, let you do it, and not stop you?

One reason only to scam you of cash!

Have a chuckle at this, one PPC did try court and in return was sent off with their tail between their legs:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231
    • 123tylerjames
    • By 123tylerjames 7th Mar 18, 7:13 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    123tylerjames
    that's what exactly happened they must have seen me pop off site was only gone for about 20 minutes crafty !!!!!!s anything to get money out of people shouldn't be allowed
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    • 17,982 Posts
    • 28,463 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Have a chuckle at this, one PPC did try court and in return was sent off with their tail between their legs:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231
    And a toothbrush up their jacksie!

No 'leaving the site' case has ever been chanced in the county court (to our knowledge) anywhere in the country since.

Please don't run away scared and capitulate now - you're so near to winning this!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • 123tylerjames
    • By 123tylerjames 8th Mar 18, 6:01 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    123tylerjames
    no I wont thanks all once again in changing my mind will wait for POPLA code ill update post once received it must be due soon
    • 123tylerjames
    • By 123tylerjames 28th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    123tylerjames
    just received letter bacj from ukpc and its good news....

says

thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above parking charge. we appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration when enforcing our clients parking regulations.

We have investigated the appeal based on the information you have submitted and confirm that in this instance the parking charge has been cancelled.

We strive to deliver high quality service that enhances the existing quality standards insisted upon by our client and ensure our wardens are stringently trained to meet these expected standards.

On behalf of ourselves and our client we apologise for any inconvenience
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Mar 18, 7:00 PM
    • 17,982 Posts
    • 28,463 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    There you go. You didn't wobble and eventually got them to capitulate. Well done you,
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 28th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 7,512 Posts
    • 10,004 Thanks
    beamerguy
    just received letter bacj from ukpc and its good news....

says

thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above parking charge. we appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration when enforcing our clients parking regulations.

We have investigated the appeal based on the information you have submitted and confirm that in this instance the parking charge has been cancelled.

We strive to deliver high quality service that enhances the existing quality standards insisted upon by our client and ensure our wardens are stringently trained to meet these expected standards.

On behalf of ourselves and our client we apologise for any inconvenience
    Originally posted by 123tylerjames
    WOW, are UKPC trying to impress government or has
    someone stepped on their toes
    Especially the rubbish they have been sending you ??
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 28th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 2,647 Posts
    • 3,324 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    well done .....

so

after all this have you seen the MP debate ?

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

and read some of the comments ?

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

and complained re your treatment ?

Ralph
    • 123tylerjames
    • By 123tylerjames 29th Mar 18, 4:49 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    123tylerjames
    id just like to thanks everyone that has commented on my thread all the advice and support you have given is most appreciated and glad it has gone to POPLA but I no we all your help it would have eventually come to this decision many thanks again lets hope more people will have the charges cancelled and these !!!!!!!! companies will cease to exist robbing !!!!!!!s that they are....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,305Posts Today

7,916Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin