Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 22nd Jan 18, 9:52 AM
    • 1,162Posts
    • 386Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Tesco pay + prepaid
    • 22nd Jan 18, 9:52 AM
    Tesco pay + prepaid 22nd Jan 18 at 9:52 AM
    Looks like Tesco have a scheme where you can prepay onto a Clubcard for spending ( old Tesco plus ? )

They calling it Tesco prepay +. But appears itís either not available yet or Iím in a very long waiting list..

Anybody got on it yet
Page 1
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 22nd Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    20aday
    • 22nd Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    I work for Tesco and I've not even heard of this; where did you first hear of this scheme?

Thanks.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 22nd Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    • 22nd Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    Tesco used to have a scheme called Clubcard plus which was a prepaid account that you used in store.

This seemed to have resurfaced as Tesco prepay +

In the Tesco pay+ app in you scroll right it it gives info about it
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 22nd Jan 18, 12:02 PM
    • 3,517 Posts
    • 1,697 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 22nd Jan 18, 12:02 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 12:02 PM
    I have an app Tesco Pay+, I think it debits from my Tesco Bank card. I don't remember too well, maybe it was offered to me somehow, around September, supposed to give extra points when used. I tried it once and the checkout girl knew what to do, scanning it from a distance to better capture the generated Qcode. There was something wrong and it gave me no points, I emailed to enquire and they quickly credited them to me, but I haven't bothered with it since.

Edit: now I realise, what I describe is already well known and you are referring to a new prepaid version...
    Last edited by eDicky; 22-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 22nd Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,585 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 22nd Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    https://www.tesco.com/pay-plus/
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 22nd Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 826 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 22nd Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    I can see the new prepay facility advertised but I can't see why anyone would want to use it... Am I missing something? There don't appear to be any benefits / bonuses etc.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 23rd Jan 18, 7:21 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    • 23rd Jan 18, 7:21 AM
    • 23rd Jan 18, 7:21 AM
    I can see the new prepay facility advertised but I can't see why anyone would want to use it... Am I missing something? There don't appear to be any benefits / bonuses etc.
    Originally posted by dj1471
    Just wondering that....with the Tesco pay + there was a small extra benefit of Clubcard points.

However from a budgeting point of view if me and wife can set up a standing order each for a set amount then thatís good for us.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 7th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    any info on the launch of this
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 7th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    • 645 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    any info on the launch of this
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Nope. Looks like it's just a waiting list in the Pay+ app.

Unless they offer a discount or bonus clubcard points it will be pointless, much like Tesco Pay+.

I'm only using the Tesco Pay+ because of the bonus points - it's horrible to use and simply tapping with my Tesco Debit Card is quicker and easier. Once the promo ends, back to easier transactions
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 12th Feb 18, 8:01 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    I have now signed up for this and it appears so far that there is no extra Clubcard points for doing so
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 12th Feb 18, 9:40 PM
    • 3,301 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    I have now signed up for this and it appears so far that there is no extra Clubcard points for doing so
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Tesco is losing interest in Clubcard.

One of the main drivers behind the introduction of Clubcard was the massive collection of data about customers:

The first response from the board came from Tesco's then chairman Lord MacLaurin, who said, "What scares me about this is that you know more about my customers after three months than I know after 30 years.
    Time marches on. People shop around more now. Many of us shop online and Tesco can now obtain data from our online shopping habits for free.

I've used the Tesco Pay+ (and it's forerunner) app to get a few free points. I can't think of any reason I would want to pre-load the app with money, rather than pay with my credit card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,326Posts Today

7,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin