Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 21st Jan 18, 5:47 PM
    • 638Posts
    • 2,106Thanks
    dustydigger
    Dusty's Frugal Fortnights
    • 21st Jan 18, 5:47 PM
    Dusty's Frugal Fortnights 21st Jan 18 at 5:47 PM
    I love MSE,so much wisdom and practical advice for someone seeking to improve not just finances but the quality of life. However it is surely a time eater,and being frugal with my time is certainly a high priority on my agenda! I spend way to much time online these days,and frequenting MSE has added another hour to the total!
    So I thought it wiser for now to have a diary where I can post my thoughts and plans,rather than posting - however much fun it is - on lots of threads.
    I will be 70 end of a,Mr Dusty is 78. We live on the guaranteed minimum income pension,and need to live frugally,because with 4 children,5 granddaughters,a great granddaughter with a great grandson due in March,plus various partners making a grand total of 14 people to buy for at Xmas and birthdays I definitely need to keep control of my finances. Plus of course saving for household needs,and all the normal expenses of running a home.
    For years there was always at least one child in dire financial straits,but things thankfully have stabilized,they have jobs and are settled,and at last I can get my finances firmly under control.I have one more arg*s payment and then I am totally debt free
    I have my bills on direct debit,and this month have set up several bank accounts for different purpose,and am starting this new year with eagerness for once (more later on various woes).Mr Dusty saves for himself,but he has family in Africa where life is extremely hard and he has constant drains on his finances.All the bills and running the house come out of my part of our income,and we arrange our affairs on a fortnightly basis. I hope keeping track of all my affairs in a mindful manner will lead to a feeling of financial security and stability - and its quite fun too challenging myself to live in a frugal way. A new fortnight starts tomorrow
    I also hope to add posts about decluttering and organizing the home,about my Slimming World continuing challenges,recycling,and also about the Sealed Pot challenge,surveys,hobbies etc,and anything really that comes into my head!
    Looking forward to improving many parts of my life!
    Last edited by dustydigger; 16-05-2018 at 11:28 AM.

SPC 2018 # 012 -
    2 Savers 2018 #19 178 Tesc* Xmas Savers 61.56
    Icel@nd bonus card 14 House & Home Fund 2018 - 322 (plus 174 from 2017 = 496)
    weight loss : 0/7lb AF Mar-Sep 208 days+ Oct 13/24 Books read Oct 4/8 Prolific 12.25

Page 29
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 30th Sep 18, 11:07 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Wow,a full week since I was on here. One reason is my computer keeps crashing,every few minutes sometimes.I am wondering if my microfilters are no longer working,I've had them since 2012. Or if its something to do with firefox itself.I am trying out Opera right now,certainly seems faster than fire fox,but I'm not comfortable with the layout yet,and then there are all my dozens of bookmarks on fire fox which need moving across. All very tedious,there may be some quick method but I am still new here on Opera and havent a clue where to look for things. I have been on here for 20 minutes without crashing,which is the longest for many days. I was on the point of earning 4 on Prolific when I crashed and couldnt complete.Not amused.
    Also Mr Dusty has been dogging my footsteps all week. He starts on the court case stuff at breakfast,and is still ranting at supper. I am apparently a traitor,cant support my husband etc etc. Now he has taken against the girls in Africa,that they are not carrying out his wishes or lodging an appeal,or doing anything. He says he is on the point of cutting them off altogether he will get our son in America to do it all instead.He has spent 112 on his mobile phone calls this month. He never checks carefully if he is on whatsapp before phoning,and just goes on his general contacts list instead of going onto the whatsapp site.My family have tried repeatedly to teach him how to use the smartphone but he is just hopeless,he forgets again and again.My son has now capped his phone to not allow international calls at all,he has to use phone cards on the landline

SPC 2018 # 012 -
    weight loss : 0/7lb AF Mar-Sep 208 days+ Oct 13/24 Books read Oct 4/8 Prolific 12.25

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 30th Sep 18, 11:17 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Lots of birthdays lately,and it was my daughter's 48th on Friday,andMr Dusty's 79th birthday yesterday,and we all got together. I had masses of cake,but am still alcohol free,kept it up despite all the stresses these last 5 months,so thats a big plus both for my health and my pocket,since I must have saved several hundred pounds in the process:
    Coming to the end of saving for xmas. I am going this afternoon to put a final 20 into my Tesco xmas saver account.That will make 50,plus I'll get 3 worth of vouchers as a bonus. I intend to order xmas drinks through TCB from them,and get a free delivery and a 6 cashback. Certainly next year I will be saving regularly for xmas,it certainly reduces the financial stress of xmas.

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 30th Sep 18, 11:20 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    I've had an excellent reading month,reached my target of 15 books yesterday.Still got about 35 books on my TBR for the rest of the year,but its doable
    I have sorted out the family details for my Uncle Joe's wife's side. I have her parents and grandparents sorted.Her grandparents came from Ireland,but I will not be researching that line. After all,these are not blood relatives,but I have produced a solid line,and am satisfied with it. Last year I only knew I had an uncle Joe who lived in Middlesbrough - full stop! Now I have his wife's line going back to 1800,and his descendants down to today. Not sure yet whether to introduce myself to that family line,but at least I know about them now. A major gap,with just a name,is now a solid family branch. Very satisfying,and I can now get back to researching other lines.
    Diet and exercise unfortunately have been a joke. I am going to do a NST Stoptober challenge in the coming month,more of that later

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 30th Sep 18, 12:27 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Transferred my xmas savings to the CA now,and have started on buying presents. Sorted the great grandkids,got the toys delivery yesterday. Gave my daughter the cash to order the Angel's main present,will have to get on to browsing for books for her and the Imp,not a hardship!No idea yet what to get for the Imp,she loves video games,but they cost a lot,and 30 will be one tiny parcel,which doesnt look good to a 9 year old. Oh well,I will get a few stocking fillers to pad it out.
    As for the older people I am just giving them cash along with their sweets and bottle of choice - always acceptable and needs no effort apart from buying some money envelopes Not exciting maybe,but they enjoy going to the sales after xmas,and often get some great bargains.
    Got to say the savings dont look too good now,with a measly 75 left in the account,but they served their purpose. I want to sort xmas as much as possible in October,apart from the food side,and then I have to start focusing on the USA trip savings,a rather pitiful 180 at the moment! But certainly I can start on the passport application. I havent had a passport for ages,so I am starting as a sort of beginner,so lets hope no complications!
    Right,thats my update done,I am off to make dinner (salmon,Mr D had brisket yesterday and I cant be bothered to make something taking a lot of work after being on my feet all day yesterday). then I will buckle down to some serious reading. Someone wants one of my library books (I'm sure I have a stalker! and I cant renew it,so I have only a matter of days to read it. Only read 79/430 pages ,and the way I am so slow these days when reading,that represents at least 12 hours reading,so everything else will have to be put aside till I'm finished

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 30th Sep 18, 12:50 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    I have been online off and on for a couple of hours,using Opera for my browser after firefox crashed about 4 times in 15 minutes. Not one crash or a tab lost all morning.Looks like I may have to make Opera my default browser. No idea what is wrong with firefox,and they havent got in touch despite promising me an explanatory email about the problem. All I got was a highly technical crash report which was just tech speak,no use at all.So bye bye firefox,after 6 years.Its been a nightmare this week.

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• mark88man
    • By mark88man 30th Sep 18, 6:48 PM
    • 3,255 Posts
    • 6,795 Thanks
    mark88man
    Keep battling on Dusty - I'm sure you can get your reading done, and if it was a day or two late, well that's just an unfortunate coincidence that you felt poorly on the day the book was due back !!
    Things happen for a reason. Often the reason is we are stupid & make bad decisions.
    Weight - Fluctuating - less than I was more than I should be
    1/18: CC:11.5K@0% - Car Loan:17K@2.8% - Mort:145K@2.9%
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:13.4K 2017:8.3K 2018-1H:11K
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 2nd Oct 18, 10:20 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Keep battling on Dusty - I'm sure you can get your reading done, and if it was a day or two late, well that's just an unfortunate coincidence that you felt poorly on the day the book was due back !!
    Originally posted by mark88man
    Yeah,I'll have to pay the 20p a day fine if needs be,though it offends my frugal sensibilities! I particularly asked if anyone wanted it,and no one did at the time,so I didnt prioritise reading it.Still 250 plus pages to read

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 2nd Oct 18, 10:36 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Still trying to get used to Opera,trying to work out where everything is. Definitely faster than my old Firefox,and hasnt crashed once.
    Wasnt on here yesterday so running late with my new budget. Arthritis is bad at the moment,I am using a pencil as advised by one of the group,quite good,but I make a lot of mistakes which have to be corrected,so its still a bit of a chore.Glad the computer is not crashing now,I would probably just give up.My supposedly better right hand is the one with the swollen joint,so I am using the left more,and have the pencil in the right .What a life!But I'm communicating,so all's well.But Mr Dusty is disapproving,why put myself through it for frivolous social networking is his take on the matter.
    So I'll post my budget now.

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 2nd Oct 18, 12:23 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Dusty's Frugal Fortnight : 1st October - 14th October
    income: 291 from Mr Dusty,71 my pension, total 362
    outlay:
    Save the Children DD - 3
    Water Aid DD - 3
    Asd@ online shop - 49
    birthday fund - 10
    NS&I (for USA trip) - 50
    PO savings (mixed bag) - 20
    home insurance - 62
    gas and electric - 91
    phone and broadband - 30
    Asd@ delivery charge - 5
    Xmas bonus cards savings - 50
    Home Budget Box (cash) - 141
    ----------------------------------
    total outlay - 514
    income - 362
    top up from savings - 152
    --------------------------------
    Ouch I am so glad that I put aside money for this fortnight,some hefty bills and outlays.
    back to 10,from 20, a fortnight for the birthday fund. Got to be extra frugal with food shopping this time,cutting Asd* main shop to the bone. I have a few items in the store cupboard,and a few items in the freezer which I will use up.I have 3 days supply of meat and one more day's salmon in the freezer,which cuts down on that expensive outlay.
    I snagged 3 jars of the blue lid peanut butter,and my daughter surprised me with another 2 jars she had grabbed while she could! Thats Mr Ds fave food sorted for a while. No luxuries, nor short cuts like frozen pastry this fortnight ,so hopefully staying in budget. No personal allowance,and I've cut out the biscuits and sweets that had crept back into the trolley,so I have hopes of staying frugal this fortnight. Boring veggies here I come! Will be interesting to see how much is left in the purse this fortnight. Last week it was less than 3,but remember all those birthdays,not just the presents and cards,but having lots of visitors.
    I am going today to top up my xmas savings cards.Tesc* scheme ends 15th,so I want to put in 30 to cover the drinks bill.It will only be 70 in total with other vouchers I have accrued,and will only cover a bottle for each person,and a spare bottle or two for other visitors,so I have told the kids its strictly bring your own bottle beyond that.The pre-frugal days of huge drinks bills which I wouldnt like to disclose are definitely a thing of the past. These days I am Mrs Scrooge.
    Once I have used my card to pay bills etc I am putting it away this fortnight,and will try to live within the 141 HBB.We'll see how it goes

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 2nd Oct 18, 12:24 PM
    • 465 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    Chrystal
    Still trying to get used to Opera,trying to work out where everything is. Definitely faster than my old Firefox,and hasnt crashed once.
    Wasnt on here yesterday so running late with my new budget. Arthritis is bad at the moment,I am using a pencil as advised by one of the group,quite good,but I make a lot of mistakes which have to be corrected,so its still a bit of a chore.Glad the computer is not crashing now,I would probably just give up.My supposedly better right hand is the one with the swollen joint,so I am using the left more,and have the pencil in the right .What a life!But I'm communicating,so all's well.But Mr Dusty is disapproving,why put myself through it for frivolous social networking is his take on the matter.
    So I'll post my budget now.
    Originally posted by dustydigger
    Because it's the only thing that keeps you sane... and stops you murdering him? ((hugs))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 2nd Oct 18, 12:29 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    My personal view is that Mr Dusty should wind his neck in. On all fronts 😁. Can you fit him with a mute button?

I am terrible at returning library books (and shhhh! I work in a library). I'm sure my local one has me on a persistent offenders list 😁. I was an active library user from age 5, and I remember the trauma of becoming liable for fines!
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 3rd Oct 18, 9:33 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Because it's the only thing that keeps you sane... and stops you murdering him? ((hugs))
    Originally posted by Chrystal
    I always say,Chrystal,that I deserve a medal for putting up with him,and that even murderers only get about 20 years,and I have put up with him for 48 years.Cruel and unusual punishment,and no time off for my good behaviour.
    Last edited by dustydigger; 03-10-2018 at 10:17 AM.

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 3rd Oct 18, 10:00 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    My personal view is that Mr Dusty should wind his neck in. On all fronts ��. Can you fit him with a mute button?

I am terrible at returning library books (and shhhh! I work in a library). I'm sure my local one has me on a persistent offenders list ��. I was an active library user from age 5, and I remember the trauma of becoming liable for fines!
    Originally posted by GlendaSugarbean
    Mute button?I wish!
    I very very rarely have fines to pay,I obsessively check my library's online site,and we can renew our books online an amazing 9 times unless,as in this case,someone has reserved it.
    I'll never forget my old library boss,Miss Scurfield back in the sixties. Old school,dragon and Tartar!. She would look at a person who had fines to pay with deep distaste,and would pause,stare at them over her glasses and, in arctic,but perfectly polite tones, announce the amount owed,in a clear distinct voice,so everyone around could hear. Her expression showed that she suspected the culprit was late returning the books because he had been up to something nefarious,and had probably just changed his wet clothes after drowning kittens I think she gave me a complex . Dont know what she would have thought of you,Glenda!
    have you ever heard of the (almost certainly a hoax) mediaeval librarian's curse,about stealing books?

For him that stealeth, or borroweth and returneth not, this book from its owner, let it change into a serpent in his hand and rend him. Let him be struck with palsy, and all his members blasted. Let him languish in pain crying aloud for mercy, and let there be no surcease to his agony till he sing in dissolution. Let bookworms gnaw his entrails in token of the Worm that dieth not, and when at last he goeth to his final punishment, let the flames of Hell consume him forever.

I'm surprised Miss Scurfield didnt have that pasted in every book loaned!
    I love that final ''and''.Lifetime agony,eaten up with worms,rent apart by a serpent,oh thats not enough. even after death he seems to deserve eternal punishment in hell.
    Miss Scurfield could get across this message with one glare.
    Last edited by dustydigger; 03-10-2018 at 10:02 AM.

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 3rd Oct 18, 10:41 AM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Talk about getting pushed out of the door! I got an email from my house insurance company recently warning me of ''huge''(their word) increases of premiums to come,but that they would do the legwork to find me a new provider.I expected an emailbut they phoned and told me that they had found a cheap option,99.99 p.a. They never did tell me what the new price with their original policy would be,probably didnt want to give me a heart attack about what the 119.99 payment had risen to.
    I reminded them that they gave me a voucher for my birthday back in January to reduce my renewal cost.So in the end I only had to pay 62.99

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 18, 11:00 AM
    • 57,418 Posts
    • 235,054 Thanks
    beanielou
    That is a good result
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • louloufox
    • By louloufox 9th Oct 18, 11:28 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    louloufox
    Hi Dusty, I am reading your posts with interest and admiration for what you go through with pain, all the work and Mr D !

I have only got to mid August but wanted to suggest a couple of things which may save a bit of money.

Firstly your home insurance still sounds quite expensive. I do not know what sort of house you live in but it doesn't sound very big. We live in a 4 bed detached house and have just paid insurance for buildings and contents and it was 202.35 for the year paid in one go. It might be worth checking on the comparison sites, perhaps your sons could help you ? You could still pay monthly but it would be a bit more.

Also your Asda deliveries. I also love supermarket shopping online and I find that Tesco is best for me. The drivers are very helpful and always carry it through to the kitchen when I ask with no trouble. I also pay annually for mid week deliveries only, it has to be Tues.Wed or Thursday which suits me fine. The cost is 36 per year but if you pay with Tesco vouchers it only costs 12 in vouchers so (sort of) free.
    This is for unlimited deliveries on those days which must be minimum of 40.

Hope all is well with you I am worried that you will be even more ill with all your stress. Please look after yourself.
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 11th Oct 18, 3:57 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Hi louloufox,good of you to pop in - and posting,as that seems to be a rare occurence with you.I'm honoured!
    As you read on through my meanderings you will see that I got a very good deal for my home insurance this month in the end,around ,63.
    I dont know if I would be much better off having Tesc* deliver instead of Asd@. Not much difference in the end. I suppose I would get more clubcard points,but I am a bit cynical,I think the points may be factored into the prices.Perhaps someday,if I am feeling particularly frugal I could sit down with my delivery list and compare the prices and see what's what in reality.
    I know I could probably get those midweek 1 delivery slots,but they are at really inconvenient times quite often.Where I live there is no back street at all,just a fence to other houses' back gardens. The groceries have to come through an alleyway to the back door. Its always blowing a gale through there,and already its dark early,and it would be a nuisance and inconvenience to the delivery man having to go through there with 3 or 4 trays of items.Nor would they be happy having to carry everything in the front door and tramp through the house to get to the kitchen. They would probably dump them in the front hall!
    So I dont mind paying 5 a month so that my 2 or 3 deliveries come at around 9-10 am,in daylight,to the back kitchen door.,not through a dark passage at 8 pm in January! I consider the extra 2 well spent,convenience trumps frugality with me sometimes!

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 11th Oct 18, 4:31 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Sorry not to be around much lately,more problems with the land and house issues back in Africa,I will need a whole post to tell all about it. But as you will guess,lots of tension and plenty for me and Mr Dusty to argue about.
    I had hoped to settle in this morning for a full update of finances,surveys,family history,or whatever,but Mr Dusty,who is normally fit as a flea woke up feeling bilious,with stomach cramps and a bit nausea.Of course his attack is the worst in human history according to him (reminds me of Donald Trump.and his superlatives!)He had slightly loose stools,and now says he is constipated.I think the last time he had similar symptoms was several years ago.I've had him being at death's door all day.He tried to get through to the doctor,but fortunately the line was engaged all 4 attempts,so he phoned the chemist instead,and all she said was take 2 paracetamol and plenty of fluids,Anything I had said on similar ideas had been rudely condemned as rubbish or ignored,but this lady was apparently a wonderful wise woman,and he accepted her advice. I've spent the day running around after him,and he's had nothing to eat,so I will soon have the joy of coaxing him to eat. Honestly,he is one of the healthiest people I know.No arthritis,no using a walking stick(he can run to catch a bus,aged 79) rarely even has a cold. But get even the smallest little illness and he wants to be in Emergency Ward 10!
    I did rather pointedly tell him that for the last 4 years ,because of various diseases and lots of medication,my internal system is upset more frequently than it is in good nick,but I dont take to my bedNope,its the worst upset in recorded history.Typical man.
    Anyhoo,as a result I havent been to write on here,nor have I read a single page of my books. Only 2 /12 finished so far this month.
    Lets hope he is a bit better tomorrow,and me doing something frivolous like reading or browsing will not be regarded as hardhearted neglect. I'll try to get back on here for a longer natter then.Now I'm off to make more hot drinks.....(sigh).........

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 12th Oct 18, 8:18 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Spent the whole day looking after Mr D.Some improvement but he is still looking very pitiful.I had to go off to get medication as soon as the chemist opened at 9 am,he will only eat his african porridge which takes 45 minutes to make,stirring continuously,and having to scrape the pan after it has soaked for a couple of hours.He wants it again for supper.
    Then I had to go to town in the afternoon in a howling gale to do some errands for him. Very glad of a heavy bag when battling my way back to the bus station,two steps forward one back ,since it stopped me flying away.
    When I got home I found that the recycling bin had blown about 5 yards down the garden,and all the contents are strewn another 10 yards away down by the hedge,lots of bottles under the privet hedge,bags draped on the tree branches - the whole garden looks like a rubbish tip My newly emptied rubbish bin has migrated,with all 3 of my neighbour's bins,halfway down her garden.. We are just leaving them there till tomorrow.waste of time trying to do anything to secure them,they are better just lying on their sides.And thats on the protected side of the house!
    Very sorry to hear of floods in eastern Uganda killing at least 30 people,thats the second time this year. That part of Uganda is about 100 miles from where we lived,in a very different climate. The disaster area is on the slopes of a big extinct volcano,towering over the plains below.It has its own mini climate with heavy rainfall. Back in the 70s we went to visit a friend in the town below,and on the way we marvelled at the massive flat topped mountain which looked exactly like a butte in a John Ford western. Out of nowhere the sky went dark and a huge torrential storm almost smothered us. The engine got washed through with the huge amount of water,and died. We had to sit there for several hours till it dried out
    .I saw plenty of tropical storms over the years in Africa,but nothing anywhere near the strength and ferocity of that rainstorm. No wonder whole slopes just wash away. Because of poverty,ignorance and lack of investment nothing has ever been done to mitigate the situation. And since the area is of course incredibly fertile,it is densely populated.And people live on there traditional family home farms,there isnt anywhere else for them to go.
    I need to check with my stepson in the USA,his mother worked at a hospital 20 miles away,,my stepson went to school there at primary level,I'm sure he will feel concerned in case any friends living in the area are affected..
    Once again,I must leave you,and hope to update you about my weird life tomorrow.Off to make that boring porridge again....(sigh)......
    Last edited by dustydigger; 12-10-2018 at 8:31 PM.

SPC 2018 # 012 -

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 12th Oct 18, 8:36 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 14,084 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Dusty I love listening to your memories of Africa, it is a continent that has fascinated me since I was very young. When I am 60 I am hoping to take a trip to Cape Town to see for myself. Also want to go Zimbabwe , I have a friend who grew up in Rhodesia as it was then, but had to leave for South Africa. He tells me about his childhood there and the stories make me want to see for myself.

Hope Mr Dusty is over his bug and that you don't get it as well.
    CC1 3609
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,780Posts Today

7,420Users online

Martin's Twitter